Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LMFAO at Akon

Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo0731 View Post
    lmao, Akon hasn't a clue how much planning and development something like that would take. I'd be surprised if he could even pull off getting funding for even one of those buildings and following through until the end. Not to mention those are some of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen. No architect in their right mind would want their stamp on that.
    According to Akon (Aliaune Thiam, born in Missouri), he and Thione Niang grew up in Kaolack Region, Senegal, in a town without electricity. In 2013 both decided to help drive Africa’s transformation. Samba Bathily joined them and provided targeted solutions through his company, Solektra INT, which supplies solar-powered equipment. By combining their networks, they launched the project in February 2014. Their initial technique is to install Solar street lights and small energy systems.[5]

The projects provided electricity in 14 African countries as of 2015 and employed over 5000 people, and Akon said they have reached 1 million households in African nations with their projects.[1] The employees, newly trained, were mainly young people who install and maintain solar equipment.[6] This initiative has taken advantage of the tariffs imposed by the US on Chinese solar panels, leaving the Chinese manufacturers with stock to sell, by lining up credit with China Jiangsu International Economic And Technical Cooperation Group to finance purchase of solar equipment, which allows the nations participating in the project to bypass World Bank loans to get a project started in their own nation.[1]

In an interview, Akon estimated that they have reached 100,000 households and installed 13,000 streetlights.[7] Their approach is to speak with officials at the national level as to villages that are likely for pilot projects in that nation.[7] Once a pilot project is successful, other villages will want the same amount of street lighting and household electricity.

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But, will they have fractal buildings?
    300 Forever

Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Shortfuze View Post
    I think it would have been better if Akon helped develop Senegal's infrastructure such as giving people access to clean water, solar energy, medical stations, sustainable living skills/equipment/resources etc.
    I completely agree.

I have been to Senegal Dakar last October and the entire country is in dire need of the basics. People from the villages are all trying to leave the country because there are zero prospects out there. You can grow peanuts on your land and sell them for $1 for 10kg and that is about it. The village my wife's family was from had no running water, no electricity, no sewage system and no gas. Yet they still produced a bankquet upon our arrival. It is so sad to see that properly schooled, brilliant young people have no where to go with their talents.

My wife's father was actually a refugee who traversed the Sahara on foot to eventually end up in Paris where he raised a family.

I understand Akon wants to give the people in Senegal something nice and what he is doing is ALWAYS better than doing nothing, I just hope there is something in it for the poor young generation of Senegal that has nowhere to go but out...
    6'6

128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JJMacD View Post
    Unless the Chinese are funding it, it's gonna be a chithole

They are

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Akon has said that two of the $6 billion needed has already been invested and a ***** architect has already worked on the project. Read the article before you make a post like this, my dude.

I don't think they were wanting the buildings to be pretty or whatever. Seriously, read the article, bro. It has a decent amount of information on some of the stuff you're talking about.

I think the buildings are cool concepts, but I'd be interested to see some schematics for those buildings. Would be cool to see.

Akon has been planning this for YEARS. Way before even the black panther movie even came out, srs.

I remember him doing interviews about how he worked with major investors/companies to bring electricity to a city in africa that previously had none.

Originally Posted by Big Natural View Post
    I completely agree.

I have been to Senegal Dakar last October and the entire country is in dire need of the basics. People from the villages are all trying to leave the country because there are zero prospects out there. You can grow peanuts on your land and sell them for $1 for 10kg and that is about it. The village my wife's family was from had no running water, no electricity, no sewage system and no gas. Yet they still produced a bankquet upon our arrival. It is so sad to see that properly schooled, brilliant young people have no where to go with their talents.

My wife's father was actually a refugee who traversed the Sahara on foot to eventually end up in Paris where he raised a family.

I understand Akon wants to give the people in Senegal something nice and what he is doing is ALWAYS better than doing nothing, I just hope there is something in it for the poor young generation of Senegal that has nowhere to go but out...

I think he's doing it this way because like many other countries, african leaders are notorious for their corruption. Buying his own land and building it out his way means he probably cuts out no less than a half dozen potential points of embezzlement.

What I do know for sure, you can't make fun of nba players for virtue signaling/doing nothing with their millions AND make fun of Akon for busting his ass to advance his homeland.
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

Registered Troll, PhD ImpressiveGainz's Avatar
    ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ImpressiveGainz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So a celebrity actually using their fame and money to try to do some good in the world. Good for Akon.
    Best thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168274783
    ***Black Crew*** (emeritus)

TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheMiscHatesHim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Never forget the time Akon pulled a kid who threw trash at him onstage, only to give him an Attitude Adjustment right off the fuking stage.

Would be a perfect negged gif lmao.

1:12TilTheDayIFukinDie DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    inb4 new rape capitol of the world
    𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω ₅₀/₁₉₅
    𝕬𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝕮𝖚𝖙 𝕸𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕽𝖆𝖈𝖊 ®
    𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘴. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘶𝘬𝘦. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦.

SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation

Akon selling out his country to CHYNA using their $ to build all this sht

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Akonda Forever
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Akon has said that two of the $6 billion needed has already been invested and a ***** architect has already worked on the project. Read the article before you make a post like this, my dude.

I don't think they were wanting the buildings to be pretty or whatever. Seriously, read the article, bro. It has a decent amount of information on some of the stuff you're talking about.

I think the buildings are cool concepts, but I'd be interested to see some schematics for those buildings. Would be cool to see.
    I did, and seeing his ideas for all the different types of buildings makes this a massive hail mary. Investors don't just give you a billion dollars of play money for a city so their must be some decent amount of planning done already long before he announced it in 2018, at least I hope. But talk about going big or going home. This is a very long term project that will take over a decade. I don't see investors sticking around that long to see this through. But wish him the best and hope he doesn't go broke trying to make this work.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BraneyGumble View Post
    Wakonda forever
    God damnit came to post this. A+++

No homo.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless there's a hidden agenda, it's his ego or insecurities. Otherwise, I don't understand how building something so modern and far ahead of it's time in Africa would make any sense. As mentioned, people struggle with education and clean water. How long will these buildings last and what purpose will they even serve before they get dismantled like the plane in Nicolas Cage's movie.
    ♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good for Akon. I hope this works out. The biggest problem with doing things in Africa is the horrible corruption. Sounds like he might have found a work around for that
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FeralBeast View Post
    you know after Black Panther released, google got a spike in searches from people wanting to book vacations to Wakanda. (dead srs)

all those people were probably crushed when they realized the nation that they were proud of doesn't even exist.

I hope he secures funding and makes Akon city for real lol srs
    ****ing terrifying that there are legions of mongoloids that think wakanda is real. Guaranteed if enough people believed it the dems would run with it and claim wakanda as a black utopia lol.

Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Akon about to start a more advanced version of Jim Jones cult. He's building an entire city. Mirin the hustle.
    Lurking since '05 - the days of VS gorilla/cloud/goku threads

Eatin ass and takin names Blasting's Avatar
    Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blasting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’d give this a 0.000000000001% chance of happening.
    Horny.

orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inb4 the documentary where chinese guy goes to africa to build, but cant get anyone to show up for work

KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingKringe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At least hes doing something rather than complaining with a victim complex or looting private property, respect.