rekaerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can anyone tell me the differences between bodyweight exercises vs weightlifting?

1)Which one do you honestly think is better and why? I don't really get it, i can do 80 pushups and way more pullups/chinups than my friend and he can ony do less than 30 pushups, However, he can beat me in arm wrestle but however, he weight lifts.. Hes only 140 lb, and im 130 lb, so i don't think 10 lb makes a big difference

2)Also, I wanna understand about exercises where you hold them..... like holding in a pushup position or a handstand... does that make you stronger? How do those exercises effect your body? Are those exercises better or exercises where you actually perform it?

3) And one last question, you know that body type that swimmer haves with their big back muscles? how do you train that muscle that is right behind your armpits? kinda on the side of your back?

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1)Which one do you honestly think is better and why? I don't really get it, i can do 80 pushups and way more pullups/chinups than my friend and he can ony do less than 30 pushups, However, he can beat me in arm wrestle but however, he weight lifts.. Hes only 140 lb, and im 130 lb, so i don't think 10 lb makes a big difference

technique also comes into play with arm wrestling. it is not a very good judge of relative strength.

2)Also, I wanna understand about exercises where you hold them..... like holding in a pushup position or a handstand... does that make you stronger? How do those exercises effect your body? Are those exercises better or exercises where you actually perform it?

i only see static exercises as being beneficial with very heavy weight, more than your max lifts. they have their place and one is not necessarily better than the other for their purposes. however performing an exercise with a full range of motion is best for building strength and mass. static holds or lifts tend to help with tendon strength or grip strength depending.

3) And one last question, you know that body type that swimmer haves with their big back muscles? how do you train that muscle that is right behind your armpits? kinda on the side of your back?

those are your lats, you work them with pull-ups, chins, pulldowns, rows, pullovers, and deadlifts.

infobuddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rekaerb View Post

ok you asked a lot if you want to get stronger you have to work out harder 80 push ups thats not a lot i hope thats a clip you need to pratice more do 20 every 30 seconds ten sets even if you miss the count still do them lso do side hammer curls one arm then the other do dips right after 4 to 5 sets holding exercises its better to rep out you build stronger muscles more detailed and that will teach you how to breath thts what holding does they dont tell so i will now that body type your talking is called ectomorph that muscle your asking is your upper lats you can train that on the bar pullups hope i have helped you

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    it depends on what you want to be better at doing. your friend may not have the chest endurance to beat you at pushups but as you noticed he is stronger than you(like someone said arm wrestling isnt a great test of strength though). weights tend to give you more strength and size(they can be used for endurance too).

as far as static exercises i dont use them but i hear they are great for core strength, not sure about this though...

you are probably talking about your lats. ratmonkey gave a good list of exercises for those

Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500) Dertygen is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by infobuddy View Post
    ok you asked a lot if you want to get stronger you have to work out harder 80 push ups thats not a lot i hope thats a clip you need to pratice more do 20 every 30 seconds ten sets even if you miss the count still do them lso do side hammer curls one arm then the other do dips right after 4 to 5 sets holding exercises its better to rep out you build stronger muscles more detailed and that will teach you how to breath thts what holding does they dont tell so i will now that body type your talking is called ectomorph that muscle your asking is your upper lats you can train that on the bar pullups hope i have helped you
    dude, terrible bump. why? you're answering someone no longer here...