Splitlivez is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to work out with sciatica?

I have herniated l3-l4, l4-l5 since 4 years. I did the physio and followed up with sports regimen, and everything was okay. Lately I got an acute episode of sciatica with some numbness in my left leg.

I'm doing stretches, and I'm laying off for 10 days.
    I invested in a back support belt
    I'm doing now most of my exercises sitting down
    No dead lifts, squats or over head shoulder exercises

Is this okay from your experience or not?
    I consulted a doctor with my MRI, I'm not a candidate for surgery. So medicine and physio. For physio there's no more exercises to do other than the ones I'm doing at the moment.

What do you think, I'd really appreciate your input

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What you're doing currently looks fine. I'd also suggest foam rolling from your calves to your back.

On a personal note, I'm not really a fan of going off exercise for any longer than absolutely necessary. I like to get back to mobility work asap (e.g. full ROM squats or Romanian DLs with no weight, etc)

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Splitlivez View Post
    I have herniated l3-l4, l4-l5 since 4 years. I did the physio and followed up with sports regimen, and everything was okay. Lately I got an acute episode of sciatica with some numbness in my left leg.

I'm doing stretches, and I'm laying off for 10 days.
    I invested in a back support belt
    I'm doing now most of my exercises sitting down
    No dead lifts, squats or over head shoulder exercises

Is this okay from your experience or not?
    I consulted a doctor with my MRI, I'm not a candidate for surgery. So medicine and physio. For physio there's no more exercises to do other than the ones I'm doing at the moment.

What do you think, I'd really appreciate your input
    you need to find out first what causing ur problems. whether is faulty movement patterns while performing lifts or maybe some other problems like anterior pelvic tilt. Have you heard about reverse hyper? It's an exercise which provide traction on your spine by rotating your sacrum which helping to unpinch the discs to make them heal. IT helped many people in over a week to rid of building discs. You can search on youtube.