Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by The Prime Nip View Post
    Of course you'd pick Mustang. You're a hardcore 'Murica conservative.

I'd rather have a car with agility, precision, and luxury than a car that just goes fast in a straight line.
    You can act fancy all you want, but Mustang PP2 can still whoop an RCF - road course, street, or drag.

With that said, I'd be all over a sporty Lexus if they offered manual.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    ive never associated lexus with a performance brand. only "luxury"

and dont associate luxury with performance either

when i think luxury i think nice interior, smooth ride, comfortable, etc.

performance added on to that is only a bonus
    Lexus was considered luxury in the 90s and early 2000s.

They haven't change their theme. The issue is other cars have STEPPED UP.

A kia stinger has a better interior than a lexus IS.

Honda interiors have improved, toyota interiors have improved, nissan interiors have improved.

All the manufacturers stepped up their game. What is lexus really doing different? Nothing.

People are blinded by the actual badge "lexus" and think automatically, luxury. It's not. Look at everything else. They are just as good.

gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    Lexus was considered luxury in the 90s and early 2000s.

They haven't change their theme. The issue is other cars have STEPPED UP.

A kia stinger has a better interior than a lexus IS.

Honda interiors have improved, toyota interiors have improved, nissan interiors have improved.

All the manufacturers stepped up their game. What is lexus really doing different? Nothing.

People are blinded by the actual badge "lexus" and think automatically, luxury. It's not. Look at everything else. They are just as good.
    nah you dot know what your talking about, too hung up on the IS. the rest of the lineup i've been hard pressed to find an interior more comfortable than mid-high end lexus, so much ball room. thick high end leather not that paper thin stuff found in nissans, hondas, kias, and even some audis. There is great attention to detail, leather thought the dash with perfect stitching, really nice trim panels. for a guy that drives a dodge with an interior that looks like it was designed and built by a preschool dropout you sure are picky lol

The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This.

Plus with a "luxury sport sedan", that's not a car you wanna keep long lol.

You want a car to retain value, and have all the comfort, reliability, MPG all that jazz?

Get a camry. That's a car you buy and keep forever. Not a phucking lexus IS lol.

The car is already outdated, even in 2020.
    I'm keeping my IS until it dies, which is probably 300K miles or more. And it doesn't look outdated. It still gets looks from other poverty cars. Not that I care about that.
    *Fulfilling My Destiny Crew*
    *Kaizen Crew*
    *Audiobook Crew*
    *Alexander The Great Crew*
    *Patrice O'Neal Crew*

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gluon View Post
    nah you dot know what your talking about, too hung up on the IS. the rest of the lineup i've been hard pressed to find an interior more comfortable than mid-high end lexus, so much ball room. thick high end leather not that paper thin stuff found in nissans, hondas, kias, and even some audis. There is great attention to detail, leather thought the dash with perfect stitching, really nice trim panels. for a guy that drives a dodge with an interior that looks like it was designed and built by a preschool dropout you sure are picky lol

Yeah, cause I didnt get the charger for the interior? Lol

I got it because it's big, spacious, comfortable and of course it has a 485hp v8 with a world class auto in the zf 8 speed.

Name another new car you can get with a v8 just shy of 500hp with one of the best autos in the industry for 38k, brand new. I'll wait.

I mentioned stinger, because it's in the same price range as an is. And the stinger chits on in in every category. Interior, power, performance, warranty, infotainment. The only thing one could argue is the looks. And some people think the IS is plain looking and the stinger is more unique.

Originally Posted by The Prime Nip View Post
    I'm keeping my IS until it dies, which is probably 300K miles or more. And it doesn't look outdated. It still gets looks from other poverty cars. Not that I care about that.
    I'm not saying they're bad cars. They're good.

I just said lexus is the poverty brand for "luxury" cars.

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    looks like every other lexus on the road today
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, cause I didnt get the charger for the interior? Lol

I got it because it's big, spacious, comfortable and of course it has a 485hp v8 with a world class auto in the zf 8 speed.

Name another new car you can get with a v8 just shy of 500hp with one of the best autos in the industry for 38k, brand new. I'll wait.

I mentioned stinger, because it's in the same price range as an is. And the stinger chits on in in every category. Interior, power, performance, warranty, infotainment. The only thing one could argue is the looks. And some people think the IS is plain looking and the stinger is more unique.
    lol calm down bro, you are using the IS to chit on the entire Lexus brand in general. you have zero counter-argument to my post about Lexus in general, because you know you are wrong. also lol at bringing up KIA's warranty. you were fooled into thinking a 100k warranty means anything, do a little research on what reliability actually is , I.E. the bathtub curve, you'll see 100k warranties are not much more protection than a 50-60k warranty, failure rate is extremely small from 50k-100k. but after ~100k failure rate increases sharply with most cars, you can guarantee after 100k miles the kias failure rate will be 5X that of the toyota. and lol at stinger interior ****ting on even the IS. and LMAO at "infotainment" lol they both have a radios which his the only thing that matters.

luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, Lexus is not horrible but we can agree they've fallen off largely?

This is coming from someone who was a Jap/Lux car fanatic in the early-late 2000's and even in the 90's.

GS went from GOAT to WOAT.
    IS went from great to chit.
    LS from GOAT to WOAT
    LX looks like 2Chainz is about to step out of one. 2006 LX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2020 LX.. That can be said about nearly every model.

It's funny because the guys @ clublexus used to act to prissy with their cars back in the day. They used to love to pick on Acura but now Lexus is becoming Acura.

lol calm down bro, you are using the IS to chit on the entire Lexus brand in general. you have zero counter-argument to my post about Lexus in general, because you know you are wrong. also lol at bringing up KIA's warranty. you were fooled into thinking a 100k warranty means anything, do a little research on what reliability actually is , I.E. the bathtub curve, you'll see 100k warranties are not much more protection than a 50-60k warranty, failure rate is extremely small from 50k-100k. but after ~100k failure rate increases sharply with most cars, you can guarantee after 100k miles the kias failure rate will be 5X that of the toyota. and lol at stinger interior ****ting on even the IS. and LMAO at "infotainment" lol they both have a radios which his the only thing that matters.

lol bro the thread title said 2021 lexus IS, so i am bringing up the IS. Why are you talking about the entire lexus lineup? Lexus is a poverty luxury brand to me. If it isn't to you, then you have nothing to worry about.

And lol @ thinking a radio completes the entire infotainment.

A luxury car is SUPPOSED TO have a world class infotainment. That goes along with the "luxury" aspect. I mean hey a mitsubishi mirage has a radio too, so i guess we can now compare it to a lexus IS? Both can do the same thing, play music over the radio.

And lol @ thinking a warranty doesn't mean anything. You might be a service writers wet dream when you bring your car in under warranty and they said "x" problem is not under warranty, then you're like ahh damn really? Ok fine i'll pay out of pocket.

Relax brah. Lexus is a good brand i said. I'm just pointing out it's poverty when talking about LUXURY brands. Tell me which luxury brand is more poverty. Acura? Infiniti? Those are actually better.

Originally Posted by luckyboy23 View Post

This is coming from someone who was a Jap/Lux car fanatic in the early-late 2000's and even in the 90's.

LS from GOAT to WOAT
    LX looks like 2Chainz is about to step out of one. 2006 LX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2020 LX.. That can be said about nearly every model.

It's funny because the guys @ clublexus used to act to prissy with their cars back in the day. They used to love to pick on Acura but now Lexus is becoming Acura.

This whole post is accurate.

Like i said, lexus is a good brand. But their hay day was in the 90s, early 2000s.

They do NOTHING special now. Every manufacturer has stepped up to game to compete on their level. That's why those are better values. Same power too.

I still can't believe the car still has 300hp lol.

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

LS from GOAT to WOAT

What do you mean Lexus is becoming Acura? Im asking because im looking to work there pretty soon, as an exec of course.

The only problem with Lexus is the exterior. Interior quality is still some of the best around imo. Lexus was concieved as a luxury company and its how they even got their name. But they got greedy and wanted to capture a younger segment of buyers with their predator grill. Had they kept their laid back grill, they would be making bank right now.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *Community College Master Race*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

lol bro the thread title said 2021 lexus IS, so i am bringing up the IS. Why are you talking about the entire lexus lineup? Lexus is a poverty luxury brand to me. If it isn't to you, then you have nothing to worry about.

And lol @ thinking a radio completes the entire infotainment.

A luxury car is SUPPOSED TO have a world class infotainment. That goes along with the "luxury" aspect. I mean hey a mitsubishi mirage has a radio too, so i guess we can now compare it to a lexus IS? Both can do the same thing, play music over the radio.

And lol @ thinking a warranty doesn't mean anything. You might be a service writers wet dream when you bring your car in under warranty and they said "x" problem is not under warranty, then you're like ahh damn really? Ok fine i'll pay out of pocket.

Relax brah. Lexus is a good brand i said. I'm just pointing out it's poverty when talking about LUXURY brands. Tell me which luxury brand is more poverty. Acura? Infiniti? Those are actually better.
    lol ok, not like you've been trashing all of lexus throught this entire thread, funny thing is that i really don't like the IS, but there is no denying Lexus makes fine luxury cars, super comfortable, high quality interior, really asks nothing of German cars when it comes to craftsmanship and materials, with the added reliability of a toyota, its a win win. Absolutely nothing wrong with Lexus "infotainment" it looks pretty and lets you access whatever you need, has all the phone connectivity that any other modern car has, what else is there? its not like your going to be watching 4k uhd movies lmao

also, your prob the type of guy that gets fleeced into buying extended warranties on all his products lmao

lol ok, not like you've been trashing all of lexus throught this entire thread, funny thing is that i really don't like the IS, but there is no denying Lexus makes fine luxury cars, super comfortable, high quality interior, really asks nothing of German cars when it comes to craftsmanship and materials, with the added reliability of a toyota, its a win win. Absolutely nothing wrong with Lexus "infotainment" it looks pretty and lets you access whatever you need, has all the phone connectivity that any other modern car has, what else is there? its not like your going to be watching 4k uhd movies lmao

also, your prob the type of guy that gets fleeced into buying extended warranties on all his products lmao
    lol @ extended warranties.

Nah, i just trade or sell the car before that becomes an issue. I certainly won't be buying a car like a "lexus" so i can keep it 10+ years lol. If that's your jam, more power to you.

And lol @ your infotainment comment. You just don't understand.

And i didn't trash lexus. I said it about 5 times now lexus is a good brand, i just said it's poverty. You still don't have a comeback to that. What luxury brand is more poverty over lexus?

luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    What do you mean Lexus is becoming Acura? Im asking because im looking to work there pretty soon, as an exec of course.

The only problem with Lexus is the exterior. Interior quality is still some of the best around imo. Lexus was concieved as a luxury company and its how they even got their name. But they got greedy and wanted to capture a younger segment of buyers with their predator grill. Had they kept their laid back grill, they would be making bank right now.
    Your post is spot on, but they have one major interior flaw on some models and certain years.. It's that damn mouse trackpad thing. It's seriously a horrible design and a total flop. It makes the infotainment nearly unusable. I was genuinely interested in a GS-F. I told myself the exterior would grow on me. Especially in a more timid color. The stupid infotainment system ruins that beautifully unique car by todays standards (singing 5.0 V8 NA Engine).

What I mean with them becoming Acura is that they're falling into mediocrity. I'd heavily argue and most would agree that Acura in the early 1990's was better than Lexus. Post 1995 when they scrapped the Acura Legend, Acura failed to move with the times and ventured off into their own crappy existence. We're witnessing this happening with Lexus in it's own regard. The competition has caught up, and they've remained stagnant with suspect decisions.

Acura is legit a chit tier company in 2020 and they've been chit for a long time. Lexus still has the saving grace of solid V8 4x4 SUV's, but that's just milking a Toyota product with a body kit. The GX is a nice vehicle but in desperate need of a refresh. They keep putting these insanely huge bumpers/grills with tons of overhang. Bloatmaxx.

I mean, how embarrassing is this for the Lexus LX for what that car truly is? A legendary 200 series.

We can sit here and talk Lexus all day. I'm game for that. Also JFL @ the dude who claims people stare at him in his IS.. No they don't, it's all in your head or you truly live in a poverty area around poverty people. The IS has become so bland and mundane.

Originally Posted by Gringo12 View Post
    Sweet vid

Looks good, wish they'd redesign the steering wheel though

Also, are we seriously just gonna ignore that GAPING body gap line between the hood and the bumper? WTF? Not even mazda or kia have body lines gaped that much. That is some chit fit and finish.

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your post is spot on, but they have one major interior flaw on some models and certain years.. It's that damn mouse trackpad thing. It's seriously a horrible design and a total flop. It makes the infotainment nearly unusable. I was genuinely interested in a GS-F. I told myself the exterior would grow on me. Especially in a more timid color. The stupid infotainment system ruins that beautifully unique car by todays standards (singing 5.0 V8 NA Engine).
    I think its important that we speak in generality. The majority of people who are buying Lexus's are still the older people. So an F Sport car isn't important. And as for the mouse track thing, I think it adds a major level of sophistication to the car. Sure, it might not be intuitive as you'd like, but again, the sophistication aspect is important in a luxury car. And really, nobody uses the infotainment enough to care, at least I don't/ or that function you need is deeply embedded. I have an 07 RX and the infotainment system is fine. I've used the track pad thing before and I found it to be good or at least not as bad as you make it out to be. But then again I haven't used the track pad in a long time so I could be wrong.

What I mean with them becoming Acura is that they're falling into mediocrity. I'd heavily argue and most would agree that Acura in the early 1990's was better than Lexus. Post 1995 when they scrapped the Acura Legend, Acura failed to move with the times and ventured off into their own crappy existence. We're witnessing this happening with Lexus in it's own regard. The competition has caught up, and they've remained stagnant with suspect decisions.
    Acura is legit a chit tier company in 2020 and they've been chit for a long time. [/QUOTE]

I think its important that both Acura and Lexus just be who they are. Acura is a premium corporate brand and their sales numbers are smaller than Lexus and that's OK. They don't need to sell to everyone. Acura should be premium and do away with cars like the Type S because its a tiny market that buys them. The market for premium is much larger.

Lexus should remain a luxury car aimed at the older people. They shouldn't be going after the younger market because the younger market don't care much for luxury. They care more about sportiness and crazy designs. Its a total disregard for their large and loyal customer base to go after the youngins.
    Last edited by tunafishha; 07-16-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Real" luxury cars, could be defined by the purpose built nature of them like BMW, and Mercedes, where there's no lower tier parts bin. There is something to be said about that, however I would not consider Lexus poverty luxury at all. I will say that they do lack imagination and many times don't offer as many upgrades that reach 100K like the big 3 BMW, Mercedes and Audi do on their sedans. But the high volume sales will come from base model 4 door sedans, and Lexus is always the far better value in base models and even when it comes to V6 upgrades.

Last time I checked Lexus competition to the IS is the 3 series and C Class. Both come with turbo 4 bangers with horse power similar to Lexus. The upgrade to V6 power trains Lexus lags behind by about 20 HP due to their reluctance to go with Turbos. The real poverty factor here is reliability and maintenance. Where BMW, Mercedes and Audi don't can't even come close. Go look at any 3 year old comparable sedan between these brands and you're looking at 5-15k differences in resale value and that gap widens as the cars get older again.

Mercedes and BMW owners will say that they lease or trade in after 3 yrs to avoid all the "issues" those cars have. If that's what it takes to not be Poverty, then no thanks. I wouldn't fault somebody wealthy with multiple cars who has the funds to spend and prioritize into a car hobby, but I'm not going to throw away money like that just to not be looked at as "poverty" by German car owners.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Toyota and Lexus have been resting on their laurels for 10 years.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Da fuark is that front grill?

Looks like it's going in to suck a hummer's dink.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

Also, are we seriously just gonna ignore that GAPING body gap line between the hood and the bumper? WTF? Not even mazda or kia have body lines gaped that much. That is some chit fit and finish.
    For the dollar, mazda is actually a better choice over lexus lol. And again this is my opinion. Lexus just isn't a notable brand anymore aside from being reliable, thanks to it being a toyota. I rather save some bucks and get an actual toyota.

Like obviously people know what lexus is. But if you show anyone a picture of this new IS, they'll be like, "what year?". Because everything looks so plain.

For the dollar, mazda is actually a better choice over lexus lol. And again this is my opinion. Lexus just isn't a notable brand anymore aside from being reliable, thanks to it being a toyota. I rather save some bucks and get an actual toyota.

Like obviously people know what lexus is. But if you show anyone a picture of this new IS, they'll be like, "what year?". Because everything looks so plain.
    100% Agreed. Lexus is washed up.

Now, Toyota does have some interesting power plants brewing up for their trucks. Maybe we can see this drop in some new SUV's along with some major interior/exterior upgrades.

The mammoth grilles and bumpers gotta go along with those insanely jagged lines all over the place.

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by lockdev View Post

Da fuark is that front grill?

Looks like it's going in to suck a hummer's dink.
    In my eyes that front end looks like it belongs in a comic book. Not pleasing to my eyes at all.
    747 Driver

100% Agreed. Lexus is washed up.

Now, Toyota does have some interesting power plants brewing up for their trucks. Maybe we can see this drop in some new SUV's along with some major interior/exterior upgrades.

The mammoth grilles and bumpers gotta go along with those insanely jagged lines all over the place.
    Although Toyota has stepped their game, it doesn't have the status symbol of the Lexus because of the price difference. An IS starts at 38k while a Camry starts 24k and the Avalon at 35k.

Status symbolism shouldn't be too little or too much imo. For example I would never get a KIA because its too closely associated with low tier cars and also there's simply too many good choices of cars out there. But also I wouldn't want something like a BMW where you showoff too much where you can look douchy imo.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    Although Toyota has stepped their game, it doesn't have the status symbol of the Lexus because of the price difference. An IS starts at 38k while a Camry starts 24k and the Avalon at 35k.

Status symbolism shouldn't be too little or too much imo. For example I would never get a KIA because its too closely associated with low tier cars and also there's simply too many good choices of cars out there. But also I wouldn't want something like a BMW where you showoff too much where you can look douchy imo.
    Brah, there's nothing more cringeworthy than a BMW these days too. Especially douchey Bimmer/Mercedes drivers who think they're cool (30k millionaires).

One who buys a BMW is one who is uninformed. Since when do 5 series sedans come with 4 cyl engines? LAWL. I was so disappointed when I paid a premium to rent one The German brands have stooped so low too.

Cars in general, in this day and age have most certainly regressed. I hate to pick on Lexus but they're all trash. They're no longer cars now, they're appliances. Choose the body style/shape which appeals to you, choose your options, pay $xx.xx

Lastly, LOL @ anyone who thinks their car is badass or a status symbol. Especially if they're making payments. If anything, rocking a car you think is fancy just exposes you for being poor. I only recognize top tier M cars/AMG cars/Ferraris/911's/Huracan etc and trucks.. Everything else is a wash nowadays.

Brah, there's nothing more cringeworthy than a BMW these days too. Especially douchey Bimmer/Mercedes drivers who think they're cool (30k millionaires).

Lastly, LOL @ anyone who thinks their car is badass or a status symbol. Especially if they're making payments. If anything, rocking a car you think is fancy just exposes you for being poor. I only recognize top tier M cars/AMG cars/Ferraris/911's/Huracan etc and trucks.. Everything else is a wash nowadays.
    I definitely think cars can be status symbols. Take Apple phones. People can be pretty snobby if they see rocking a non iphone. But its all a result of marketing and it definitely does work.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol at a 300hp v6 in 2020 for a luxury car. gtfo and take that weak chit with you, my old 2008 CTS had a 300hp v6

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AetasNitor View Post
    I have the V6 Camry. Couldn't imagine paying 20k more for the same power and slightly better ride quality.
    And RWD, and superior handling and better everything else.

I wouldn't get one but your Camry is still a pos fwd family hauler sweety.
    The only 5k I will ever complete: rep power on bb.com

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Lol no, I've had plenty of mazda rentals and they are all awful materials inside. I'd say the cx5 is a good competitor to the toyota rav4 (aside from looking much worse) but no Mazda is on lexus playing field. Just LOL.
    The only 5k I will ever complete: rep power on bb.com

Originally Posted by brianphi View Post
    Lol no, I've had plenty of mazda rentals and they are all awful materials inside. I'd say the cx5 is a good competitor to the toyota rav4 (aside from looking much worse) but no Mazda is on lexus playing field. Just LOL.
    Keyword, rental.

I rented a GS off turo when i was in philly, the car was a 2017 (this was 2018) at the time, and the car was falling apart. Not a good comparison.

And i'm talking about dollar wise. The mazda is significantly cheaper, the engines are actually modern, not the dinosaur V6 they put in those lexus's and the interior layout, tech, is actually the same, if not slightly better than lexus.

Lexus infotainment is trash dude. And this is supposedly a "luxury" car.

It's a good brand. It's just not a good "luxury" brand. Hence why i said it's poverty.