Thread: Just started

Registered User Dexteristheshit's Avatar
    Dexteristheshit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just started

40 Y/O male just started lifting slowly. Always been semi active in cardio but never in lifting. What protein brand do you recommend and what other supplements? My goal is to get lean muscle and loose body fat. Thanks in advance for your input.

TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dexteristhe**** View Post
    40 Y/O male just started lifting slowly. Always been semi active in cardio but never in lifting. What protein brand do you recommend and what other supplements? My goal is to get lean muscle and loose body fat. Thanks in advance for your input.
    I say look for a good pre-workout based on what's important to you, endurance, getting a swollen pumped feel/look, or just that initial jolt of energy. There are some that do good at all three, but there are some that are more tailored to specific goals. Whey is always a good staple for protein, I personally also like Casein for overnight. They all have different tastes, and everyone seems to be particular to their own brand. I recommend buying smaller tubs of different kinds, and seeing which ones are easier on your body, and which ones taste better to you. I've tried Dymatize, Gold Standard, and Gaspari (their older formula). I always made taste a priority as it's more difficult to drink something consistently if you don't like the taste. Also, look for single-serving or trial sized options in the store. It would be nice if BodyBuilding.com would offer a trial pack of everything that they sell for a specific product, to let consumers figure out what brand suits them. Good luck.