WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question I haven't lost strength in my squat, or size in my legs, despite no longer squatting.

I haven't squatted, truly squatted, in at least a year. Not split squats, not anything. But I remember what my squat for reps was when I did do squats. And I recently had an opportunity to try it again. I can still do it. Despite basically giving up on squats, I've kept my progress, both in the size of my legs and in the strength/endurance of my squat.

Is there any reason why this might be? Again, I don't do leg exercises, save for my usual 3.5-4 mph run/walk to and from work every weekday. I do have anterior pelvic tilt, could it be creating such an imbalance that certain accessory muscles are being worked that would make a squat easier to do?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how much weight are you squatting and is it to depth
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhatifI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    how much weight are you squatting and is it to depth
    200 pounds for 5 sets of 5. How deep is deep? My ass is definitely below my knees.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WhatifI View Post
    200 pounds for 5 sets of 5. How deep is deep? My ass is definitely below my knees.
    top of hip crease below knee is generally what we call depth. I only asked because half squats might explain it.

That's a fairly solid base to be squatting from after a year off legs.

maybe just a natural build for squats, would be interesting to see what you could get in a year of consistent training
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you do other training, even just upper body, or is walking it? If you're muscular in general, it could help, especially if you're doing core work or deadlifts, though I think you would have mentioned that as a leg exercise.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Do you do other training, even just upper body, or is walking it? If you're muscular in general, it could help, especially if you're doing core work or deadlifts, though I think you would have mentioned that as a leg exercise.
    No deadlifts, just pull ups, dumbbell bench press, overhead press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises, and dumbbell shrugs.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No deadlifts, just pull ups, dumbbell bench press, overhead press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises, and dumbbell shrugs.
    What about your post in April of 2020 where you talk about doing squats with APT?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guess you really can skip leg day.

MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of course regular daily activities help maintain muscle volume, while your strength can be maintained due to fast twitch movements that you could be doing during your daily tasks.The results sound good though.
    Marcus Morgan M.Ed, Exercise Science, Physiology

Owner of Home Fitness Galore
    Fitness Equipment , CHEAP Custom Workout Plans , & Fitness Supplements

Website: https://homefitnessgalore.wixsite.com/personalworkoutplans
    E-mail: homefitnessgalore@gmail.com

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have a very loose theory about this

I tend to lose strength on my squat and deadlift much more slowly when I abstain than I do on something like my bench

I've concluded that it may partly be due to the fact that I just use my legs much more in day to day activity than my chest. Short of pushing open a door I do not specifically use my pectoral muscles for much. However walking, running, squatting down, standing up, climbing stairs etc etc all involve the use of my legs, core, lower back. I would imagine that all of these activities help prolong any existing strength in my legs whereas my chest strength just drops off through lack of use.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats a beginner level strength standard for a teenager. You arent losing strength because that is probably your untrained baseline level.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Thats a beginner level strength standard for a teenager. You arent losing strength because that is probably your untrained baseline level.
    Yup. I'm. With DC here.

200 5x5 is likely an essentially an almost untrained
    State for you.

Sounds harsh but you probably never really made much leg gains 'training' and what you did make was easy to hold with normal life and food

I have very little trouble building legs and keeping it when lazy, just but riding my bike 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.