Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Don't let all that discourage you from the outdoors. I've been hunting alone since I was 12 and kayaked alone in some fairly remote places. The biggest danger will always be complacency and accidental injury. But that risk can be minimized.

I keep an open mind to the unexplained and find these topics interesting. Because I have and do spend so much time out there, often alone. But I think its an incredibly small percent chance that there is something nefarious going on. Paulides is probably the first person I've ever heard address this topic that doesn't come across as a complete nut. With that said, he is making money writing his books.

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    ^ Don't let all that discourage you from the outdoors. I've been hunting alone since I was 12 and kayaked alone in some fairly remote places. The biggest danger will always be complacency and accidental injury. But that risk can be minimized. I keep an open mind to the unexplained and find these topics interesting. Because I have and do spend so much time out there, often alone. But I think its an incredibly small percent chance that there is something nefarious going on. Paulides is probably the first person I've ever heard address this topic that doesn't come across as a complete nut. With that said, he is making money writing his books.
    Exactly, people get paranoid over 411 etc, but the reality is the overwhelming majority of people who visit national parks & go in the outdoors follow the rules/advice, go prepared & come back safe & sound. These cases are a tiny minority & the pattern is usually unprepared people making stupid decisions, poor parenting of youngsters, experienced people who should know better letting their ego get the better of them, old people with disabilities/dementia etc going off on their own.
    AP5 Crew

BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ Don't let all that discourage you from the outdoors. I've been hunting alone since I was 12 and kayaked alone in some fairly remote places. The biggest danger will always be complacency and accidental injury. But that risk can be minimized.

I keep an open mind to the unexplained and find these topics interesting. Because I have and do spend so much time out there, often alone. But I think its an incredibly small percent chance that there is something nefarious going on. Paulides is probably the first person I've ever heard address this topic that doesn't come across as a complete nut. With that said, he is making money writing his books.
    Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Exactly, people get paranoid over 411 etc, but the reality is the overwhelming majority of people who visit national parks & go in the outdoors follow the rules/advice, go prepared & come back safe & sound. These cases are a tiny minority & the pattern is usually unprepared people making stupid decisions, poor parenting of youngsters, experienced people who should know better letting their ego get the better of them, old people with disabilities/dementia etc going off on their own.
    Thanks brahs good point. Statistics are on my side as long as I go prepared. I stopped once to hit a trailhead for a quick hike and just to get out by myself. A tornado had hit the area the night before. Half way down the trail there were trees every where. It was like being a kid at a jungle gym. Wasn't locked and loaded though that time.

Do y'all carry every time you go alone? If not what do you take for personal protection? Have y'all ran into other people while out solo?

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BredRoller View Post
    Thanks brahs good point. Statistics are on my side as long as I go prepared. I stopped once to hit a trailhead for a quick hike and just to get out by myself. A tornado had hit the area the night before. Half way down the trail there were trees every where. It was like being a kid at a jungle gym. Wasn't locked and loaded though that time.

Do y'all carry every time you go alone? If not what do you take for personal protection? Have y'all ran into other people while out solo?
    We don't really have anything like what North America has sadly-we tend to have more hill walking on the South Downs, Yorkshire Moors etc & our climate sucks most of the year-very cold & wet.
    AP5 Crew

leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Again weird how and where remains found and pristine condition of shoes.

I call my cawk Baby Yoda. Cause the whole world loves it.

#Still Natty

USAF Vet

Old

Follow Leoslayer's journey to G4P

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176540791

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The majority of these missing persons cases are accidental deaths. I don't think people understand how common it is for hunters, hikers, boaters, etc. to accidentally get killed. Fortunately in most cases we can locate and recover the body. But in some cases, it just doesn't happen. Or in some cases you know where a body is but you have to wait 3-6 months for a recovery due to weather conditions and all that jazz.

I know a few people that have died in wilderness areas. Fortunately they were recovered. Also know a few people and myself included that came damn close. In our cases our saving grace was having companions with us. But for the most part going out alone can be a literal death sentence. Catching your foot in a dead-fall/sinkhole and breaking an ankle/leg. A fall and dislocating an arm. Hitting your head. Etc.

I grew up spending a lot of time in the wilderness. Maybe 1% of these cases are animal attacks. Maybe .5% of them some person murdering them. I don't buy a mass conspiracy, aliens, etc. I don't care if you have 20-30 years of experience out there. You can easily take fall and end up out of action.
    There is a great book about how people get lost in the woods and never come out. Quite often it's people who have the most experience that end up dying when they get lost. The book has a good analogy - having a map is only helpful if its the correct location. If you're in Chicago, its better to have no map then a map of Tokyo because you'll waste hours trying to fit a square peg in a round hole vs. simply using trial and error to find your way out.
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

no avi supremacy faketaxidriver's Avatar
    faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faketaxidriver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

gonna get into this later..

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BredRoller View Post

I carry a Glock 9mm. Adequate for everything in my area save Black bears. But those are a super low probability encounter. Eventually I'll probably get a woods gun with a bit more umph to it however. Most likely a HK .45 chambered in .45 Super.

Originally Posted by leoslayer1 View Post
    Again weird how and where remains found and pristine condition of shoes.

[YouTube]5QjBFM56EC8[YouTube]

Some of the cases mentioned removed shoes. When your feet perspire/get sweaty a common reaction can be removing them. I can't imagine anyone walking around in their socks unless they are stalking an animal. But removal of shoes, even in freezing temperatures, isn't exactly uncommon. Especially if your feet are tingling/going numb.

I've pulled my boots in freezing weather to warm my socks with my hands and even warm my feet with a cigarette lighter a few times. Also when you are nearing hypothermia you sometimes feel 'warm'.

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    There is a great book about how people get lost in the woods and never come out. Quite often it's people who have the most experience that end up dying when they get lost. The book has a good analogy - having a map is only helpful if its the correct location. If you're in Chicago, its better to have no map then a map of Tokyo because you'll waste hours trying to fit a square peg in a round hole vs. simply using trial and error to find your way out.
    I've never used a map. GPS would probably be preferred if you can get a signal. Last time I tried to use one with a buddy to find his duck hunting hot spot it lost its signal. Cell signals are spotty at best in a lot of places too.

My father taught me orienteering with a compass. If you leave a road/riverbank head in a N/S/E/W direction. Constant. Pick a direction and stick to it. If you need to veer off (track a wounded deer for example), you mark the trail from where you took your shot to the animal so you can backtrack. Its super easy to walk circles in the woods if you don't navigate properly.

leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoslayer1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I carry a Glock 9mm. Adequate for everything in my area save Black bears. But those are a super low probability encounter. Eventually I'll probably get a woods gun with a bit more umph to it however. Most likely a HK .45 chambered in .45 Super.

Some of the cases mentioned removed shoes. When your feet perspire/get sweaty a common reaction can be removing them. I can't imagine anyone walking around in their socks unless they are stalking an animal. But removal of shoes, even in freezing temperatures, isn't exactly uncommon. Especially if your feet are tingling/going numb.

I've pulled my boots in freezing weather to warm my socks with my hands and even warm my feet with a cigarette lighter a few times. Also when you are nearing hypothermia you sometimes feel 'warm'.

I've never used a map. GPS would probably be preferred if you can get a signal. Last time I tried to use one with a buddy to find his duck hunting hot spot it lost its signal. Cell signals are spotty at best in a lot of places too.

My father taught me orienteering with a compass. If you leave a road/riverbank head in a N/S/E/W direction. Constant. Pick a direction and stick to it. If you need to veer off (track a wounded deer for example), you mark the trail from where you took your shot to the animal so you can backtrack. Its super easy to walk circles in the woods if you don't navigate properly.

The kids shoes made it up that cliff even tho they were untied and then spent 4yrs in the wilderness only to be found in near pristine condition?

You wot m8?
    I call my cawk Baby Yoda. Cause the whole world loves it.

#Still Natty

USAF Vet

Old

Follow Leoslayer's journey to G4P

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176540791

mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been into this **** for years. Check out the mysterious universe podcast it’s awesome.

mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mycorona is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post
    You and me should go looking for missing people in the woods together, srs. If any aliens/bigfoot try to get us I will jack off in their eyes and you shoot them dead while the stinging semen has them stunned HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    Make sure to load up on zinc for them THIC ropes.

SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SirBetalot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Listened to almost everything on this subject. I agree most are probably logically explained but the two that stuck out to me:

-small child disappears and they find him the next day perfectly fine even though temps were freezing and he was alone in the woods. Tells his rescuers that a friendly bear took him to a cave and kept him safe

-a doctor is hunting in his tree stand and all of a sudden everything in the woods go silent. Then across the way in another tree he sees some type of creature that looks just like the Predator form in the movie that’s kind of invisible but can still be seen. It doesn’t see him and then disappears totally.
    God gives the hardest battles to his toughest soldiers

Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000) Tommyy24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well fuk i think big foot might be real. I went down this 411 rabbit hole and and I think giants might have Existed. New Zealand is a trip https://youtu.be/rf_inGOubEg