Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post

AWESOME! Thank you for posting, I have been waiting for that one to be in stock and just submitted my order. Plan on pulling it up to the low pulley on the BodySolid and creating my own cable curl machine, going to be AMAZING! Started writing my review and had it up to three pages, but I feel like the conclusion is really all that needs to be said: It's the 'Best All-Around Adjustable Bench' on the market for home use.

Edit: Better put a disclaimer on that, some jack-hole will end up try to compare it to a 150lb commercial bench 2-3x it's price. It's the best all-around adjustable bench in terms of design, functionality, versatility, and affordability. There is literally no situation where this bench will not perform well, which is why I'm saying it's the 'Best All-around Adjustable Bench'.
    I just got my preacher curl attachment for the IM SuperBench Pro delivered and put together. It has three angles on it including a 0 degrees for spider curls, doubt I'll use that much. I was a little worried about how low the seat was and how it would feel but doesn't seem to be an issue. I think the pad is a little wider than my PowerTec preacher attachment, but it had those "wings/supports" on the sides to keep your elbows pinched in. It also doesn't have hooks to secure the bar in place like PowerTec did, not a bid deal, just load it on the floor and put it into place. The only things I'm not a fan of on first impressions is that the bar holder is under the pad. You have to reach over and grab the bar, then sit down in place with it. Not an issue with light weight, but might be on heavier. Tomorrow is back and biceps so I'll try to really put it to use in the morning.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Fatalis222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ordered a half rack, any idea where I can buy a barbell and plates at decent price? All I see are weight plates for $100 each on craiglist..

Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drago1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    I had an olympic bar which I've been meaning to sell for ages. Well, no better time than now. I listed it for less than what I bought it for and got a ton of emails in a few minutes. I upped the price but still sold it only at the price that I bought it for minus the sales tax. Still kept getting pinged and sold in 15 minutes! Just couldn't ask for more than what I paid. I'll never be a "rich" guy. But crazy times indeed!
    Where did you list it?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I just got my preacher curl attachment for the IM SuperBench Pro delivered and put together.
    Nice, congrats! Mine was supposed to be delivered today but got delayed until tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out with a cable attachment, that's my main use for it so the hooks shouldn't be bad. There will be slack anyway so it's just the for in between sets. Excited to test out the various angles!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are ALOT of factors at play, the situation you described is a good tactic used by banks to discourage customers from submitting claims. They either don't believe you, don't want to deal with you, or want to avoid a potential loss if they have to eat the dispute (or all of the above). Smaller financial institutions like the one I worked for would have you jockey some paperwork then just eat the loss if they couldn't reverse the transaction. They are bonded for such things and once they hit a certain threshold their insurance covers the losses incurred by fraudulent charges. Either way I'm cash only and pickup on my driveway.
    That's good to know. Yeah it was NFCU and they were actually helpful as they fronted me the $$ while they figured it out. Filed paper work, provided a 5pg document why it was fake w/ pictures then they hit me w/ the "go get an authorized dealer to write and explain using their letterhead." lmao They ended up taking the money back out. Paypal can be just as worse. I've dealt w/ 3 charge backs from scammers on eBay and won all cases.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by obey46 View Post
    That's good to know. Yeah it was NFCU and they were actually helpful as they fronted me the $$ while they figured it out. Filed paper work, provided a 5pg document why it was fake w/ pictures then they hit me w/ the "go get an authorized dealer to write and explain using their letterhead." lmao They ended up taking the money back out. Paypal can be just as worse. I've dealt w/ 3 charge backs from scammers on eBay and won all cases.

One of the big problems with PayPal is that they'll often refund the buyer right away, then conduct an "investigation" if the seller contests it. Once they've completed their investigation, they'll try to reclaim the refund, but that's not always possible. If they can't reclaim it, they let the seller eat the loss.

They're a horrible company, overall.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMike27 View Post
    I have seen a couple of topics asking if anyone knows where they can purchase an olympic barbell. As you guys already know all of the super stores are massively delayed and will take a month atleast to get you anything. I have ordered a barbell of homegymessentials.uk

The customer service replied to my queries within 24 hours and the barbell has arrived within 5 working days. Overall a good experience. Thought I would share if anyone is still looking for one.
    Thats not an olympic barbell, spammer.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    If your buyer claims it's a fraudulent purchase, it can be reversed. It's been fairly well documented, and a simple search will turn up several examples. There are no 100% safe e-transfers for sellers.
    Good luck showing it was fraud when you logged in from your phone, the same phone you log into on a regular basis, making the transfer from that phone, and there likely being some proof via screenshots of conversations.

That said, I still prefer cash but banks take fraud charges seriously, probably more so than Paypal which I would never use.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finally got some of the kettlebells I ordered 3 weeks ago. One of the amazon stores (Unipack) got them to me in 5 days, which is pretty impressive considering the circumstances. Still waiting on a pair of 60s from Hampton. From the time I ordered, the banner warnings regarding processing times went from 5 business days, to 10-15 days, to a generic "expect delayed processing times". Pushing more than 10 business days and still no shipping notification. Not faulting them at all, I'm sure it's hectic.

I also ordered a pair of 45s last night, which are probably the toughest size to find, that are scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. Vinyl covered for $2.42/lb taxed/shipped. Ouch. I did see the number of "in stock" adjust after I placed the order, so that gives me hope that their inventory and POS systems are inline and that my order will actually be fulfilled this month.

Missing the barbells, but no way am I trying to put together a proper rack, plate and barbell system during this nonsense. Saw a set of Bowflex 552 adjustable dumbells (former owner of the 1090s here who luckily got a refund) on CList for $780. Lolz. Glad some of you guys are making a killing though!

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well the IM preacher curl just arrived. At first glance I'm a little disappointed with the padding quality for $100, like the original Super Bench it's way too soft. Functionality wise it's going to work great but I'm gonna have to plan ahead for a custom pad in the future. Just messed around with a couple sets and I can already see armpit grooves forming.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well the IM preacher curl just arrived. At first glance I'm a little disappointed with the padding quality for $100, like the original Super Bench it's way too soft. Functionality wise it's going to work great but I'm gonna have to plan ahead for a custom pad in the future. Just messed around with a couple sets and I can already see armpit grooves forming.

Repped nice setup . I have the same bench but wasn’t aware they made a preacher curl attachment for it

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-14-2020 at 10:41 AM.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have 160# of hi temp bumpers in great shape that I’ve not lifted in a couple of years. Sometimes I just like to have things in the gym, although these have been stacked on the floor. Decided to list them and had a barrage of messages. I probably could have gotten more but didn’t want to gouge. Was thinking of asking less but was afraid some flipper would get a hold of them.
    Considering Selling my Cap OB 86b.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    Good luck showing it was fraud when you logged in from your phone, the same phone you log into on a regular basis, making the transfer from that phone, and there likely being some proof via screenshots of conversations.

That said, I still prefer cash but banks take fraud charges seriously, probably more so than Paypal which I would never use.
    Lmao. I can tell you've never dealt with a fraud claim. I can tell you from experience that the banks don't take it anywhere near as serious as you think. You can file a complaint with your local law enforcement agency, but they're not going to investigate it like you see on TV, either.

The "buyer's" bank/financial institution will credit the payment back right away, with no investigation. If the seller contests it, they'll look into it, but the money is already gone by that point. The "buyer" has already cleared out the account, so there's nothing to recover. When/if the payment processing service recoups the money, they'll return it to you...but they're not going to invest a whole lot of time trying to recoup it because it's not their money. My son is involved in a battle right now over this very situation.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you play with the angles any? I just used my EZ Curl bar this morning for 4 sets of 12 and it was fine. Felt pretty comfortable, I agree the padding is a little soft. At first I thought it was going to be just like my PowerTec preacher attachment and I wouldn't be able to grip the bar with the inside/close grip for curls because the support hooks are right in the middle. I like to alternate these with the normal width grip. But I found I could easily pick it up in the narrow/close grip position and re-rack it without having to reposition the bar in my grip too much.
    I also noticed it stayed pretty balanced on the support hooks. I could take a 5lb plate off one side then the other as long as the bar had some load on both sides.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lmao. I can tell you've never dealt with a fraud claim. I can tell you from experience that the banks don't take it anywhere near as serious as you think. You can file a complaint with your local law enforcement agency, but they're not going to investigate it like you see on TV, either.

The "buyer's" bank/financial institution will credit the payment back right away, with no investigation. If the seller contests it, they'll look into it, but the money is already gone by that point. The "buyer" has already cleared out the account, so there's nothing to recover. When/if the payment processing service recoups the money, they'll return it to you...but they're not going to invest a whole lot of time trying to recoup it because it's not their money. My son is involved in a battle right now over this very situation.
    Considering the only transfers I accept are ones for my bank, that I also happen to work for so I can stroll right into the fraud department, I am not too concerned.

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Made 755.80 profit selling 395lb York g2s and 300lb dumbbells today. Bought them at retail(1.30-1.42/lb) from a local shop that received a new shipment. Sold them within the hour.

That'll more than pay for the AB barbell that I need to have shipped over the border

Edit: and yes Stashed.. It was cash only
    Last edited by dagdafitness; 04-14-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Did you play with the angles any?
    Yep, just finished my back session and ended with some cable curls. Not bad, going to take a little time to find the perfect chain length, bench height, and pad angle, but it feels nicer on the chest than the bicep bomber.

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Dang, I really wanted that to fit in my rep fitness zerogap bench but it doesn't fit. The 2x2 pipes are different specs/thicknesses.

Hopefully rep fitness makes one some day so use my low pully just like you are.

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I saw a a pair of those $4 Golds Gym spinlock handles and four 5 lb plates sell for $157 yesterday. That's what prompted me to list my Hampton handles.
    Damn. Now I feel like I got ripped off when selling a cheapo kit of 2 spinlock handles and 4x5lb and 4x3lb standard plates for $100.

Sold off a bunch of stuff I'm not using and even some stuff I do use, but can workaround for a few months, for what I consider ridiculous prices. But given the desperation some of you are seeing on ebay, I probably could've squeezed a little more out of my sales. Oh well, got prices I never could have imagined prior to the Wubonic Plague, so I'm not gonna sweat not top ticking my sales.

If I had confidence I could replace weights for ~$1/lb in the next 4-5 weeks, I'd sell the rest of my plates and just work on cardio and bodyweight stuff for the duration.
    Last edited by splitsquat; 04-16-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post
    Sold off a bunch of stuff I'm not using and even some stuff I do use, but can workaround for a few months, for what I consider ridiculous prices. But given the desperation some of you are seeing on ebay, I probably could've squeezed a little more out of my sales.
    Same, I probably shorted myself a couple hundred on selling my Powerblock's early.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect prices to go that high.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Same, I probably shorted myself a couple hundred on selling my Powerblock's early.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect prices to go that high.
    Ha, same. Should have sat on the powerblocks for a bit. I've gotten rid of a ton of stuff. The more I get rid of the more I'm liking my gym. Addition through subtraction or something.

Now I'm considering relisting the VKR, and also putting the reverse hyper and GHD up for sale. I know they won't fetch much more money than normal right now, but so far every single thing I've gotten rid of hasn't been missed in the least. I only have used the RH for rehab type stuff, and since I've been doing KB swings regularly lately I've barely used the RH at all. KB swings seem to make my low back feel better than the RH ever has. I do use the GHD more than the RH, but even that it's more of throwing a few sets of GHRs in after squats. I'm using it because I have it, not because I feel like it's doing much for me. If I decide I miss them enough then I can look for a deal on a combo unit around BF.

I'm also now on the fence about keeping my comp bumpers. While they're "cool" to have, I don't really do lifts that require bumpers and I only use them for deadlifting. I have enough York iron to get me through the pandemic. I'm more hesitant on dumping the bumpers because I know I'll never be able to replace them for the price I paid, but I don't know if that's a good enough reason to hold onto them. Maybe I can find someone who wants to trade for revolvers or 6-shooters.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    The more I get rid of the more I'm liking my gym. Addition through subtraction or something.
    This. I feel the same way. Once my over sized power rack was gone, it already looked better. Plus the bunch of plates I got rid of. I actually just rearranged my gym. I guess its sometimes true what they say, less is more.

I have a feeling we might be at or near the peak for the sellers market. Unless you have some name brand stuff it might be harder to sell for a big premium. Bars seem to be in high demand still and plates are probably next in line. I'm still surprised someone bought my Concept2 for more than it cost me brand new, we can still get out an run.

When I sold my squat stand, bar, and plates there were no other listings on Craigslist in my area and now there are a lot more. People realized it and are trying to cash in. Have people buying up gear when it goes on sale at Dicks or Walmart and trying to flip it too so it's adding to the supply on those sites.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    This. I feel the same way. Once my over sized power rack was gone, it already looked better. Plus the bunch of plates I got rid of. I actually just rearranged my gym. I guess its sometimes true what they say, less is more.
    If I didn't have the Mech monos for my big rack I'd likely ditch it, too. I've tried the Titan/Rogue monolifts and they just aren't as good.

I have a feeling we might be at or near the peak for the sellers market. Unless you have some name brand stuff it might be harder to sell for a big premium. Bars seem to be in high demand still and plates are probably next in line. I'm still surprised someone bought my Concept2 for more than it cost me brand new, we can still get out an run.

When I sold my squat stand, bar, and plates there were no other listings on Craigslist in my area and now there are a lot more. People realized it and are trying to cash in. Have people buying up gear when it goes on sale at Dicks or Walmart and trying to flip it too so it's adding to the supply on those sites.
    Maybe. I had a few people drive a fairly long distance to buy some beater bars and some junky plates in the last few days.

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    People realized it and are trying to cash in. Have people buying up gear when it goes on sale at Dicks or Walmart and trying to flip it too so it's adding to the supply on those sites.
    But same supply overall, and at a higher average price. And retailers being out of stock, by virtue of flippers buying up all the gear, encourages desperate buyers to pay more.

Flippers aren't going to cause the market to go back down. That will take more net supply or less net demand.

hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

At least in my area, I've been watching FB marketplace for general awareness and prices on times that people put up to just see if they hit are coming down. For example, someone had Rogue Calibrated plates starting at 2.2k and he's changed his listing now to 1.55k.
    Rogue 20kg (blue) x 6 plates
    Rogue 10kg (green) x 2 plates
    Rogue 5kg (white) x 2 plates
    Rogue 2.5kg (black) x 2 plates
    Rogue 1.25kg (chrome) x 2 plates

I also see a lot of the Dick's sporting goods Ethos plates being listed like $270 for 2, etc. that have been sitting awhile.

Trump's re-opening plan includes gyms in Phase 1. No date set for when Phase 1 begins, and it will likely be different for each state.

But the idea that gyms could be open in the first phase of re-opening of country (as opposed to a later phase), should help limit desperation of buyers, and reduce prices. This past week or so may very well have been the peak.
    Last edited by splitsquat; 04-16-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post
    Trump's re-opening plan includes gyms in Phase 1. No date set for when Phase 1 begins, and it will likely be different for each state.

But the idea that gyms could be open in the first phase of re-opening of country (as opposed to a later phase), should help limit desperation of buyers, and reduce prices. This past week or so may very well have been the peak.
    Trump doesn't actually get a say in the state's affairs and he's been afraid of embracing reality since this began. Health officials have, continually, stated that shutdowns will likely continue into Q3/Q4 of 2021. Even if we disregard that for a moment, all we need to do is look around and see that state's continue to increase restrictions, not relax them. Essential stores are now being prohibited from selling non-essential items. Masks are now being required when entering stores in some states. School closures have been confirmed for the rest of the school year. Most 401K plans have suspended matching through 12/31/2020. We're likely looking at quite a few more months of shutdowns. Ultimately, I think what will drive prices down first will be the nearly inevitable depression. Most people are still looking at these shutdowns as if they're going to end any day. As savings dwindle and the reality of long-term shutdowns sets in, people are going to cut down on spending immensely.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Ha, same. Should have sat on the powerblocks for a bit. I've gotten rid of a ton of stuff. The more I get rid of the more I'm liking my gym. Addition through subtraction or something.

Now I'm considering relisting the VKR, and also putting the reverse hyper and GHD up for sale. I know they won't fetch much more money than normal right now, but so far every single thing I've gotten rid of hasn't been missed in the least. I only have used the RH for rehab type stuff, and since I've been doing KB swings regularly lately I've barely used the RH at all. KB swings seem to make my low back feel better than the RH ever has. I do use the GHD more than the RH, but even that it's more of throwing a few sets of GHRs in after squats. I'm using it because I have it, not because I feel like it's doing much for me. If I decide I miss them enough then I can look for a deal on a combo unit around BF.

I'm also now on the fence about keeping my comp bumpers. While they're "cool" to have, I don't really do lifts that require bumpers and I only use them for deadlifting. I have enough York iron to get me through the pandemic. I'm more hesitant on dumping the bumpers because I know I'll never be able to replace them for the price I paid, but I don't know if that's a good enough reason to hold onto them. Maybe I can find someone who wants to trade for revolvers or 6-shooters.
    Sold my GHD about 6 months ago, was Titan and got it when it first came out with cheap Black Friday pricing so recovered all of my money. Don't miss it at all and like having the extra space in my garage (even if it gets used by other non gym stuff)
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Trump doesn't actually get a say in the state's affairs and he's been afraid of embracing reality since this began. Health officials have, continually, stated that shutdowns will likely continue into Q3/Q4 of 2021.
    The same health officials who relied on CCP information to tell us that this was being transmitted from animals to humans and not humans to humans? The same health officials who relied on models that dramatically overpredicted required ICU beds and hospitalizations (factoring in social distancing measures)? The same health officials who wasted time trying to develop a tri-virus test that eventually failed and led to America falling way behind on testing? The same health officials who had hospitals all across the country essentially shut down most services, leaving hospitals in many parts of the country just waiting for COVID-19 patients who haven't been arriving, and leading to many hospital workers being furloughed?

When the choice is listening to health officials, who have been wrong at nearly every turn, and extending the country's economic coma into the back half of 2021, for what may be very little gain on the COVID-19 front but will certainly result in, as you note, a depression and economic devastation, which will surely claim more lives and cause more suffering than this virus ever could, or putting America back to work using sensible precautions, I choose the latter.

Remember, our public health officials have job security, unlike many millions of Americans. And they don't need to balance lives taken by the virus against suffering and lives lost due to economic devastation. That's a calculation that Trump and state governors will have to make. Public health officials will advise hypercaution because it limits COVID-19 deaths, but that clearly is NOT the only factor to consider for Americans who live in the real world. After all, how much of an economic shutdown do we have because of influenza, which predictably kills tens of thousands of Americans each year? Answer: no shutdown at all.
    Last edited by splitsquat; 04-16-2020 at 02:48 PM.