Registered User ChinaViaChitown's Avatar
    ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinaViaChitown will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Welp, looks like I will be getting those newbie gains again

I try to keep it short,

I have been living in Beijing since 2014 and lifting since December 2016. Now, because of the corona virus, all gyms are closed as of 1/25/20. They can not reopen until the govt says its safe. Working from home now too. Could be another month till the gyms reopen. Which means it will be since 1/25 I have touched a weight. So, I bought a TRX strap and have been doing that every other day. I don't love the TRX but its the only thing I can do other than pushups, sit-ups, and pull ups. I 5 sets of 12-15 full body with 30 sec rest between sets.

My diet is garbage now because we really can't venture out for long. We order groceries and we also order out frequently. I eat fairly in frequently as well. Modified intermittent fasting with 18 hours off and 6 hours on eating wise. I am not getting nearly enough protein, maybe 125-150 grams a day.

All in all, I can't wait to get back to the gym. Its pretty grim here only because sitting around your house.

I am gonna do a triathlon in August so I will start training for that in April. But I am excited at newbie gains again if that's possible.

Thanks for letting me rant!!!
    Goals: Current: 10/23/17

Bench: 300 265
    Squat: 425 330
    Dead: 500 375

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get on Amazon (if available??) and get the book CMass by Paul Wade

Stay healthy! Good luck

Edit: it can't seem to spread properly in hot conditions (like not spreading in Singapore but spreads well in Northern Italy). So as soon as the weather improves you'll be ok. Hang in there!

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if it will be newbie gains or muscle memory, probably the latter, but either way it should come back fairly quickly.

Have you looked into bodyweight exercises? If I didn't have gym access, my go to would be dips and pull-ups.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Humility comes before honor"

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Your profile, though a couple of years old, says you weigh 200 pounds, so 140 grams of protein a day is spot on...

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=ChinaViaChitown;1599201891
    I have been living in Beijing since 2014 and lifting since December 2016. Now, because of the corona virus, all gyms are closed as of 1/25/20. They can not reopen until the govt says its safe. [/QUOTE]

What a bunch of clowns, they care so much about "safety" yet don't allow one to go and do the most prudent activity, never phucking ceases to amaze me the low common sense of such a supposedly educated nation. The educated/financially successful are similar here. They cling to technology as their lifeline but they ain't going anywhere special physically as they age.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    What a bunch of clowns, they care so much about "safety" yet don't allow one to go and do the most prudent activity, never phucking ceases to amaze me the low common sense of such a supposedly educated nation. The educated/financially successful are similar here. They cling to technology as their lifeline but they ain't going anywhere special physically as they age.
    Where do you mean? China, Italy, Greece, Albania, Norway, Denmark, other countries...

I think it's a short term measure to reduce the speed that SARS-COV-2 (Covid19) is spreading to see if they can delay the peak of transmission until after the seasonal flu season has ended or started to decline. I don't think it's a sinister campaign against gyms, but that might just be what they want you to think

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Speaking of education, you know you don't need a gym to exercise and stay healthy and strong. Going to a public gym may not be the most prudent activity right now when you can do perfectly good strength training at home.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Your profile, though a couple of years old, says you weigh 200 pounds, so 140 grams of protein a day is spot on...
    Hi CommitmentRuiz - did you build that physique on .7 grams of protein per pound?

nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100) nibrase is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nice