RhesusNeg is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Am I doing this right?

Hi all, I’m new here and looking for some advice.

I’m a 50 year old woman looking to lose a serious amount of body fat and build some muscle and strength. Currently I’m 110kg (about 240lb) and I’m 5’ 10” (about 177cm) tall. I estimate that I need to lose about 30-40kg (around 65-90lbs) to be in a healthy range.

I work in an office so my lifestyle is quite sedentary. To counteract this I have recently started the following fitness regime:

Every working day I climb and descend about 300 stairs.
    Three times a week I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill at a fast pace and lift heavy weights for about 30-40 minutes. I’m doing 5 sets of 8 reps and I include deadlifts and other compound exercises.

As far as diet, I’m following the 16/8 intermittent fasting routine, sticking to around 1400 calories or less per day, and eating as cleanly as possible (with an occasional treat of dark chocolate!)

I am hoping to get somewhere near my goal by the end of 2020. Am I going about this the right way or do you have any ideas or feedback to help me enhance my results?

Thanks guys!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say that you can definitely get to the lower end of your goal loss (meaning nearing 65 lbs) within a year. You're likely losing 1.5-2 lbs/per week now and that will slow down over time but that amount is doable considering your starting point. My only suggestions would be to be flexible enough with your dieting to understand that you'll likely need to up your calories at some point if you want to be able to sustain it for an extended period of time. I'd also read up on flexible dieting in general as I think it's especially important for people who have a lot of weight to lose. (Lyle McDonald's writings are a good start for info on flexible dieting.)

RhesusNeg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much for the quick reply spradish! I will definitely look into Lyle McDonald’s advice about flexible dieting ....

schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had approx the same starting point as you, weight wise and am the same height +1cm :-)

I did (am still doing) what you mentioned, Weights/cardio/IFasting, you will definitely loose at least 60lb's by the end of 2020 if you dont have too many cheat meals and if you follow the normal weight loss trend.

My biggest BF% drop was when I started weight training (2019-06 - to present), just to put it in to perspective.
    I didnt start IF till Sept2019... Currently aslo still clinging onto Keto (Started Aug2019).... but its days are numbered.

Good luck, be consistent - and persistent!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It sounds like you are taking a very good approach. The key here is obvious, stick with it and be consistent! Sent you a PM!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/