Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    (8(i) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pics of where you workout.

Pics of your Workout Station!
    I don't know about you guys, but when look at a weight bench or a set of dumbells it gets me motivated to hit the gym and train! I can't afford a membership so I have a home gym in my garage, and I will post a pic as soon as a get a digi cam. Lets see some pics of where u guys workout, whether it be the local gym or in your own room!

p.s. I am jealous of u guys who have olympic plates, I only have plates w/ the skinny hole, but I will save up to buy a set of 300lbs. olympic weights

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Skip's Gym: "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Whining!"

Hmmm... my home gym has a mixture of olympic plates and the standard plates. I use the standard ones for my dumbbells and they range from 2.5-10 lbs. (for a total of 55 lbs. per dumbell). My olympic plates range from 2.5 lbs. to 45 lbs. (for a total of 300 lbs.).

I bought the bench for $165, and the barbell set (with a 7' chrome barbell and 300 lbs. of weights) for $145

- Skip
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Abdominator; 10-15-2003 at 07:55 AM.
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

murph32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here are a few pics of my home set-up
    Attached Images

another
    Attached Images

last
    Attached Images

Surreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Picked up a cheapo bench and 100lbs of weights+bar at walmart 6 months ago. Bought a 35 lb dumbell set and 4 more 10lb plates.
    Attached Images

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by murph32
    here are a few pics of my home set-up
    Wow! Impressive set up! How many square feet is that room it's in. It looks like you have a fairly large weight room.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

Originally posted by Abdominator
    Wow! Impressive set up! How many square feet is that room it's in. It looks like you have a fairly large weight room.

- Skip
    i have a workshop in back of my house,..... i just turned it into a little gym sorta.... and still put the truck off to the side aswell.... heres a pic from the outside of the building
    Attached Images

as you can see there is plenty of clearance at the roof level aswell (for tall machines)....plus it has an A/C heating unit too... I`m very happy with the way its comming along so far.....
    Attached Images

crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This will give you an idea of where I workout at.
    Attached Images
    "What is obsessive for one, is the bare and shameful minimum for another"

""We like to watch 'normal' people like you tell us about how they can't get in shape. We smile and nod sympathetically like we feel your pain, but actually, we're thinking that you're a pathetic piece of **** that needs to grow a spine and join a gym. ""

crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    another...
    Attached Images
    "What is obsessive for one, is the bare and shameful minimum for another"

""We like to watch 'normal' people like you tell us about how they can't get in shape. We smile and nod sympathetically like we feel your pain, but actually, we're thinking that you're a pathetic piece of **** that needs to grow a spine and join a gym. ""

i have a workshop in back of my house,..... i just turned it into a little gym sorta.... and still put the truck off to the side aswell.... heres a pic from the outside of the building
    Awesome! I'm definitely going to have a large room devoted to weights and so forth when I build my own house.

- Skip

shadowboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi skip maybe when you do that i'l fly over to FL and have a workout with ya ....
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."- I.asimov

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." -Aristotle

" either your in it 100% or you get the **** out ! " Animel pack

Originally posted by shadowboy
    hi skip maybe when you do that i'l fly over to FL and have a workout with ya ....
    It's a deal!

It'll probably take me longer to save up money to build a house than it would for you to save up money to fly from Israel to the US. Either way though, I'll look forward to it.

- Skip "Skip's New & Improved Gym!"

shadowboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's a deal!

It'll probably take me longer to save up money to build a house than it would for you to save up money to fly from Israel to the US. Either way though, I'll look forward to it.

- Skip "Skip's New & Improved Gym!"

or maybe you should stop by israel one time .
    either way i'm looking foword to it ...

Arbel " Makeing offers you cant refuse :P "
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."- I.asimov

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." -Aristotle

" either your in it 100% or you get the **** out ! " Animel pack

Awesome! I'm definitely going to have a large room devoted to weights and so forth when I build my own house.

- Skip
    thanks Skip,........... hey I just noticed we live pretty close to each other ........ your in Gainesville, and Im in Jacksonville Beach Fl. .... wow, what a small world...lol

thanks Skip,........... hey I just noticed we live pretty close to each other ........ your in Gainesville, and Im in Jacksonville Beach Fl. .... wow, what a small world...lol
    Hehehe! ROADTRIP!

Next time I'm in Jax, maybe I'll stop by and train with ya! It looks like we had a similar "skinny" history.

If you're ever in Gainesville, let me know and we can train at Gainesville Gym.

- Skip

JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnStone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's my home gym. My old stuff was fine for when I started out, but I recently outgrew it and decided to build a dedicated home gym and get all new equipment. Before and after pix here: http://www.twowiresthin.com/wl2003/homegym.html

MULLET DISCRIMINATOR kenscottiii's Avatar
    kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here's where myself and justin_in_il workout
    "Ken's Hardcore"
    ....and a few guys from my church
    Attached Images

kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenscottiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    another shot
    Attached Images

my cousin justin
    Attached Images

me and my buddy..."the Judge" (he's the spotter, 6'5", I'm 5'7")
    Laurel and Hardy
    Attached Images

Hehehe! ROADTRIP!

Next time I'm in Jax, maybe I'll stop by and train with ya! It looks like we had a similar "skinny" history.

If you're ever in Gainesville, let me know and we can train at Gainesville Gym.

- Skip
    that would be cool,........ will do. ....lol about the skinny history thing its true though. took me a while to learn to eat more cals than i burn in a day, but not too many to end up fat ....but just enough to grow bigger..(in fact still learning every day)...... looks like you got that one figured out perfect, great job!!!

(8(i) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow murph, and johnstone, those are really impressive for home gyms!

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    another
    Murph, I have that exact same power rack! (referring to the pic of the Northern Lights Power Rack) I love the thing. There are enough adjustment levels on that rack to do any exercise you want without needing a spot. Nice setup!
    Enjoy the journey!

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mt gym is so small.....

this is my training partner squatting
    Attached Images

Originally posted by JohnStone
    Here's my home gym. My old stuff was fine for when I started out, but I recently outgrew it and decided to build a dedicated home gym and get all new equipment. Before and after pix here: http://www.twowiresthin.com/wl2003/homegym.html
    Nice set up, and it looks like you did outgrow the old one. Good job!

- Skip

Originally posted by kenscottiii
    me and my buddy..."the Judge" (he's the spotter, 6'5", I'm 5'7")
    Laurel and Hardy
    I like the smith machine you guys have.

That's definitely something I need to get when I build my house.

My ideal home gym will probably be between 200-300 square feet, mirrors on the walls, rubber flooring, 1 or two wall mounted fans (no air conditioning, ok... well maybe just in case.), dumbbell rack (20 lbs - 110 lbs), an adjustable olympic bench, leg press machine, leg curl machine, squat rack, 400 lbs. of plates and a few weight trees, pull up bar, dip apparatus, a preacher curl, pec deck, 7' chrome olympic barbell, ez-curl bar, and a sound system so I can play Metallica as loudly as I want.

- Skip

ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out at three different gyms, including a membership with a very old-school-feeling golds gym, to keep things more exciting and less redundant.'

I'll post some workout pics after I recover from the temporary loss in size after "shockers".

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like the smith machine you guys have.

That's definitely something I need to get when I build my house.

My ideal home gym will probably be between 200-300 square feet, mirrors on the walls, rubber flooring, 1 or two wall mounted fans (no air conditioning, ok... well maybe just in case.), dumbbell rack (20 lbs - 110 lbs), an adjustable olympic bench, leg press machine, leg curl machine, squat rack, 400 lbs. of plates and a few weight trees, pull up bar, dip apparatus, a preacher curl, pec deck, 7' chrome olympic barbell, ez-curl bar, and a sound system so I can play Metallica as loudly as I want.

- Skip
    Geez Skip! You don't want much do you! I would settle for everything you just said - with the air conditioning, and maybe replace the dumbells with a set of those Power Blocks. I am sure you will know what those are. They are slightly cheaper than buying a full set of hex dumbells and take up much less space. Oh, by the way, if you're gonna have a leg press machine, you better have more than 400 pounds of weights to throw on there. Just a suggestion for that dream gym of yours!
    Enjoy the journey!