pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Program following Tom Platz philosophy

Hello,

I've been listening to Tom Platz Podcast where he talks about trying to focus on the amount of reps and time under tension. He says we should mix both, sometimes use low rep and sometimes use high rep.

Is there a workout program allowing that kind of trainstyle ? Also what do you think about that ?

A link to the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJXnR6dBeQI

Cheers,

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can apply this to virtually any program. This training style doesn't elicit a specific layout.

pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepsicola123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FurtadoZ9 View Post
    You can apply this to virtually any program. This training style doesn't elicit a specific layout.
    You are right, I just though there would be a modern version of that kind of though process.

Personally, I was doing 2 years fierce 5 novice routine with each time (relatively for me) heavy sets. I would love to move to the intermediate version (4day split) but mixing low and high reps using Tom's style

I really wonder if the benefits would be greater than doing the normal version of the program.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    at some point you will need some variety in your rep schemes just to avoid boredom and staleness

quite a few bodybuilders in the past used to do "heavy days" and "light days". Tom just sort of took it to the extreme with the high rep stuff

I too have been checking out some of Toms stuff lately. Obviously he was onto something that others of his day werent. They all did the same drugs, they all had good genetics....but he exploded his legs while they didnt.

for me I am squatting 2x per week and I am simply going to go 'heavy' one day and then lighter the next. So the heavy day will probably stay around 6-8 reps while on the lighter day I can see me doing 3 worksets where the reps will be like 10-12 on the first 2 sets and then on the final set drop down and start trying to work up to 20 reps etc. Dunno if Ill ever do the 30-40 rep stuff though lol
    "Humility comes before honor"

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    at some point you will need some variety in your rep schemes just to avoid boredom and staleness

quite a few bodybuilders in the past used to do "heavy days" and "light days". Tom just sort of took it to the extreme with the high rep stuff

I too have been checking out some of Toms stuff lately. Obviously he was onto something that others of his day werent. They all did the same drugs, they all had good genetics....but he exploded his legs while they didnt.

for me I am squatting 2x per week and I am simply going to go 'heavy' one day and then lighter the next. So the heavy day will probably stay around 6-8 reps while on the lighter day I can see me doing 3 worksets where the reps will be like 10-12 on the first 2 sets and then on the final set drop down and start trying to work up to 20 reps etc. Dunno if Ill ever do the 30-40 rep stuff though lol
    The things he says are very inspiring and make a lot of sense for me. I'm at a point when im tired lifting very heavy each session and risking to injure myself. I feel my body needs more volume, and doing only a few more reps like suggested in the intermediate version of F5 wont do it for me.
    I know people here will say ''more is not better'' but theres a point where i FEEL inside me i need to lower the weight a litle and do more reps andsets and dont stop at 3x5. Its like my cells are requiring it.

@Jhon Prophet Do you mind sharing your program ?