Gmanigio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gmanigio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

1st time stacking, help me out.

Im 5" 6" 148lbs and maybe 15% BF

Im currently looking to gain strength and size and try to be lean. I like to be cut like I was in the past.

Heres what I was thinking.

Whey Protein
    Creatine Mono - Either AST or Higher Power - 10g per day
    NOW Dextrose - for post workout mixed with my protein shake
    NOW ADAM - Multivitamin - I hear its a good one

Should I have something like Xtend before workouts? Im looking for a stack that will not hurt my wallet like all the BSN stuff.

Should I consider adding ZMA, L-Glutamine, BCAA, Fish Oil, Flax oil etc..???

Im going to take 5g creatine pre-workout then another 5g creatine post workout in my shake. Is that ok?

bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your stack looks simple but reallly solid. At your weight I think 5g of creatine daily would be plenty. I think your stack covers most of the basics and food should be your number one mass builder. Good luck.

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The stack looks good, If you have the money go ahead and add some BCAAs,
    Grab some fish oil from wal-mart or wherever for cheap.
    As far as creatine I like 2-3 grams pre and 5 grams post mixed right in my post shake.

Gmanigio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gmanigio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok, well thats awsome, I guess Im on the right path. I think this is what I am going to order.

NOW L-Glutamine Pills
    NOW ZMA Pills
    Optimum BCAA Pills
    Optimum Fish Oil Pills

I need to know if this is a good stack or is there something in there that conflicts with the other.

Also, do I have to take glutamine and BCAA on non-workout days?

Im doing 5x5 so I will only be at the gym 3 days a week.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gmanigio; 03-09-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Bump......need answers to above post, I want to order today.

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your stack looks good, some people do not like glutamine but you can give it a try and see what you think.

I do not take BCAAs on off days to save money, glutamine can be used on off days if you would like.

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gmanigio View Post
    Ok, well thats awsome, I guess Im on the right path. I think this is what I am going to order.

NOW L-Glutamine Pills
    NOW ZMA Pills
    Optimum BCAA Pills
    Optimum Fish Oil Pills

I need to know if this is a good stack or is there something in there that conflicts with the other.

Also, do I have to take glutamine and BCAA on non-workout days?

Im doing 5x5 so I will only be at the gym 3 days a week.

Thanks
    AST Creatine . You only need 5g a day and loading is overrated imo.
    NOW Dex - Good
    NOW ADAM - Good
    NOW L-Glut pills - I did not notice much so since you're trying to save I would skip it.
    NOW ZMA - Skip also. This gave me restful sleep and vivid dreams but thats it.
    Opt BCAA Pills - I would get Xtend, Excell, ICE or other powder BCAA product over pill and consume during WO. If you are not cutting I think they are optional.
    Opt Fish Oil - Good
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

Originally Posted by spaceclown View Post
    AST Creatine . You only need 5g a day and loading is overrated imo.
    NOW Dex - Good
    NOW ADAM - Good
    NOW L-Glut pills - I did not notice much so since you're trying to save I would skip it.
    NOW ZMA - Skip also. This gave me restful sleep and vivid dreams but thats it.
    Opt BCAA Pills - I would get Xtend, Excell, ICE or other powder BCAA product over pill and consume during WO. If you are not cutting I think they are optional.
    Opt Fish Oil - Good
    Isnt taking the L-glutamine pills and BCAA pills equivalent to taking something like Xtend?????

bump this....I placed my order and may have to send stuff back, help me out.

smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Isnt taking the L-glutamine pills and BCAA pills equivalent to taking something like Xtend?????
    Nowhere near.

Your stack looks fine, though this may be worth a look:
    First, mixing about 1-1.5g of Baking Soda into the water before putting in the monohydrate. it can act as a buffer and provide extremely similar effects to kre-alkalyn. 100g of baking soda is about 60 cents.

Second, adding Glycerol Monostearate can help with the creatine and help you gain some muscle density pretty fast. its $20 a kilo and all you need is 2-5g before lifting. the endurance boost, hydration, and pump is all worth it.

with that, as far as cell volumization goes you are perfect. the last thing to consider could be getting some beta-alanine

also, dont mess with bcaa/glutamine pills, not worth it
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im 5" 6" 148lbs and maybe 15% BF

Im currently looking to gain strength and size and try to be lean. I like to be cut like I was in the past.

Heres what I was thinking.

Whey Protein

Should I have something like Xtend before workouts? Im looking for a stack that will not hurt my wallet like all the BSN stuff.

Should I consider adding ZMA, L-Glutamine, BCAA, Fish Oil, Flax oil etc..???

Im going to take 5g creatine pre-workout then another 5g creatine post workout in my shake. Is that ok?
    I think a good beginning stack for yourself would be something like this:
    First off a few suggestions
    • Schedule you son a check up with your doctor. Just to make sure everything is in order and that your completely healthy.
    • Check out this thread and get his pre/during/post workout nutrition in order
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067
    • Calculate your calorie intake here
      http://michaelandkendra.com/BMRCALC/bmrcalc.htm
    • Make sure diet your diet is in check (if you want suggestions on health food choices I have a good list put together if you like)
    • Make sure you have a good workout program designed. Go ahead and posts your workout program up in this thread

Next get down all the supplement basics

Multi-Vitamin
    AST Multi Pro 32X or NOW ADAM
    ***Animal Pack is good but IMO to expensive and best to save your money for other things*

Whey Protein (for pre and post workout)
    Dymatize Elite (fairly good price and many flavor. Good nutritional profile)
    or
    Giant I-Pro (Great WPI but can’t get it at bb.com)
    or
    GF-Pro (really good but expensive)

Fish Oil
    Now Fish Oil (really doesn't matter though, just go with the best price and a brand you trust)

Creatine
    Creaine Monohydrate or a creatine blend like Size ON, Clout, or Green Mag (all three are great choices)

^^^
    Use the above outline supplements for a couple of months and then you can starting adding in one new supplement and trying it out to see how effective it is.

Good luck,
    Dan

Im going to return the BCAA Pills and Glutamine pills and replace it with what???????
    Give me all the options out there and I will look into it, such as Xtend.....

And I will also get rid of the ZMA pills.

SO that leaves me with...

Creatine Mono - Higher Power - 10g per day
    NOW Dextrose - for post workout mixed with my protein shake 20g

- In this void I need something for pre-workout. Preferrably some form of BCAA.........

Optimum Fish Oil Pills

Thanks

OK did some research and found some good BCAA's.

Scivation Xtend and Extreme Formulation ICE seems to be solid ones with Lglutamine in there as well.

Im going to return the BCAA Pills and Glutamine pills and replace it with what???????
    Give me all the options out there and I will look into it, such as Xtend.....

And I will also get rid of the ZMA pills.

SO that leaves me with...

Creatine Mono - Higher Power - 10g per day
    NOW Dextrose - for post workout mixed with my protein shake 20g

- In this void I need something for pre-workout. Preferrably some form of BCAA.........

Optimum Fish Oil Pills

Thanks
    I'm not sure what the return process is for bb.com but it might not be worth it. Since you will probably have to pay shipping to ship it back.
    What kind of a preworkout drink are you looking for: NO, energy?
    A good preworkout drink with aminos is Herculin MRF-4 check out the write up in my sig.

dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK did some research and found some good BCAA's.

Scivation Xtend and Extreme Formulation ICE seems to be solid ones with Lglutamine in there as well.
    Both are great products and come from solid companies. My current favorite is ICE wildberry lemonade.

Originally Posted by dan7681 View Post
    Both are great products and come from solid companies. My current favorite is ICE wildberry lemonade.
    What should my servings be with ice?

When should I take it and how much each time. I will only be taking it on work-out days.