IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Standing Military Press VS Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Which one is better? I perfer the Standing Military Press.
    Could i use em i the same work out? or is it just doing the same exercise?

Please Inlighten me.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i assume your talking about seated dumbell shoulder press so

the standing mil itary press is more of a power move and a explosive movement , great if your a football player or something

and it can have great effects for bodybuilding

where as the seated press is more of an isolation because your seated so you cant use your own momentum to push the weight up its strictly the shoulders
    In Hoots We Trust.

IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    i assume your talking about seated dumbell shoulder press so

the standing mil itary press is more of a power move and a explosive movement , great if your a football player or something

and it can have great effects for bodybuilding

where as the seated press is more of an isolation because your seated so you cant use your own momentum to push the weight up its strictly the shoulders
    Thank you so much

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer seated shoulder press. It seems like I can isolate my shoulders more with this movement allowing me to develope better shoulder developement. They are bascially the same movement it is just the standing military presses allow for more synergistic and stabilizer muscles to get involved. You can try doing behind the neck barbell presses if you like doing presses movements.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IrishArabSword View Post
    Thank you so much
    no problem
    In Hoots We Trust.

Lightweight(s)- for now Sick Puppy's Avatar
    Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Just curious, but isn't what you're describing a push press, which is more for power/explosiveness/last few reps you otherwise couldn't get out on a military press?

I thought that military press had to be done with emphasis on good form, slow and strict?

Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post
    Just curious, but isn't what you're describing a push press, which is more for power/explosiveness/last few reps you otherwise couldn't get out on a military press?

I thought that military press had to be done with emphasis on good form, slow and strict?
    the form of the exersice doesnt dictate the kind of exersice being done

military press can be done either seated or standing with dumbells or a barbell

if your doing it standing that is formore power and explosiveness because you use your whole body

where as if your seated its more isolation
    In Hoots We Trust.

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    for shoulders i prefer to be seated, because that helps me keep the rest of my body rigid and concentrate on using only that one muscle group.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

Lightweight(s)- for now Sick Puppy's Avatar
    Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sick Puppy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the form of the exersice doesnt dictate the kind of exersice being done

military press can be done either seated or standing with dumbells or a barbell

if your doing it standing that is formore power and explosiveness because you use your whole body

where as if your seated its more isolation
    Ah, I get ya now- sorry man, you described it differently to others on the forum, is all (generally described as standing being for core/overall strength, seated for isolation/building mass).

Having said that, the power/explosiveness would be more enhanced by push presses, hence my query in the first place! Thanks for your speedy response!

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IrishArabSword View Post
    Which one is better? I perfer the Standing Military Press.
    Could i use em i the same work out? or is it just doing the same exercise?

Please Inlighten me.
    For pure mass I sould advise seated barbell presses. But Standing one db presses will allow to go heavy with relatively tighter form. I would do both. You can rotate them each workout.