greenmachine9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reaggravated a shoulder injury, no idea what's going on, insight highly appreciated

Long story short:

2 months ago arm wrestled and shoulder had a deep click since then, felt slightly less stable. Had no pain, but felt a bit less stable.

I rehabbed it for 2 weeks, took it light another 2 weeks, and it was good as new. I was stronger than ever.
    Then, I started pushing myself really hard. I used to box daily, so I went back to daily boxing.

Yesterday, I threw an overhand right at the bag, and my shoulder hurt. I felt the specific punch hurt my shoulder. Now, my shoulder's clicking again, and there's a very mild and subtle pain when I swing my arm forward like a windmill. I also felt the same very minor & subtle pain when doing internal rotator cuff work.

With this said, I still feel just as strong & pretty much just as stable, but there is a very mild pain now lingering, and I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to workout for a good while.

There's no pain in general movements, no loss of strength (I don't think), and eventually the windmill pain goes away as well.

Does this sound like a tear to you? Or more likely just an aggravated RC/tendon?

I plan to take a week off doing just legs, abs, and cardio.
    Thanks guys.

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    Overhand punch at bag?

One possibility could be SLAP tear.

SLAP lesions are very hard to identify and diagnose (when minor) in the earliest of stages. Rest and proper stretching/therapy can resolve early onsets. I would research this condition first, so when you go to your doctor you will have an idea of what they may be talking about.
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/

Originally Posted by DougHolland View Post
    Overhand punch at bag?

One possibility could be SLAP tear.

SLAP lesions are very hard to identify and diagnose (when minor) in the earliest of stages. Rest and proper stretching/therapy can resolve early onsets. I would research this condition first, so when you go to your doctor you will have an idea of what they may be talking about.
    **** I've been dreading the fact that it may be a labral tear. Does it help if day 2 I feel no pain and worked out just fine?

bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by greenmachine9 View Post
    **** I've been dreading the fact that it may be a labral tear. Does it help if day 2 I feel no pain and worked out just fine?
    Test for labrum tear: extend your arm out in front of you then rotate your arm like you're pouring out a pitcher of water. If that hurts there's a good chance there's a labrum tear

Labrums will not heal. They're cartilage so there's no blood flow. If it's a minor tear it can be rehabbed to strengthen the surrounding area, but it will not heal so you'll always have to be careful with it.

I tore mine (SLAP tear) from the 1 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position. Had surgery 7/18 and am still recovering. Have about 75% motion raising my arm up in the front and side. About 50% reaching behind my back still. It's also very weak and gets tired very fast. Can only bench 35lb dumbbells on that side at the moment.

Originally Posted by bigcat3655 View Post
    Test for labrum tear: extend your arm out in front of you then rotate your arm like you're pouring out a pitcher of water. If that hurts there's a good chance there's a labrum tear

Labrums will not heal. They're cartilage so there's no blood flow. If it's a minor tear it can be rehabbed to strengthen the surrounding area, but it will not heal so you'll always have to be careful with it.

I tore mine (SLAP tear) from the 1 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position. Had surgery 7/18 and am still recovering. Have about 75% motion raising my arm up in the front and side. About 50% reaching behind my back still. It's also very weak and gets tired very fast. Can only bench 35lb dumbbells on that side at the moment.
    This doesn't cause any pain, the minor pain was completely gone after day 2 and my shoulder feels full strength again. The only new symptom is my collarbone area pops when rolling my shoulder, like a deep click and I feel something shift within my collarbone.
    Also when I "windmill" my arm I get this same clicking in my shoulder which wasn't there before.

I feel like if I wanted to lift, there'd be no pain whatsoever. But I don't want to make whatever I have going on chronic. Does this sound like a labrum tear still, possibly?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "shoulder feels" - totally meaningless self diagnosis. Could be AC/RC/Scap/Labrum or some combination. You won't be able to self diagnose and neither will the internet. Go to an Orthopedic Urgent Care facility or visit with an Orthopedic Surgeon (not your GP or Chiropractor) to have it properly diagnosed. Then you can talk about rehab.

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I advice you to go 4 months without training