IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Possible achilles tendonitis?

Hey guys at the doctors now to diagnose my heel but a quick summup about it

Yesterday i woke up and first steps my right heel does alot of pain really unbearable in the beginning as the day went it got abit better but today same thing. First 3hours at work were hell to walk after that I asked to ice it and took it more easy. Then I had like 0 complaints, now I slowly feel my heel/ankles burning and slowly starting to irritate

Now i know doctor if he notices it he might put me to full rest for a week or two.. mostly does when he knows type of job I do. Now my question, what can I do if its the case of a achilles tendonitis as active recovery.. i was thinking of skipping calf raises but maybe keep doing deadlifts and squats (with oly shoes the squats) but dont know if that would be a good idea, i readed swimming/cycling can help too but wanna hear from you guys who mightve experienced it and didnt wanna quit working out. Im trying to lose fat as I gained alot the last couple of years due to injuries and being inactive rather than have an active recovery approach so I still wanna be able to stay active and be in a deficit and keep losing fat rather than become mentally demotivated and start binging again to make me feel "partially" better..

Anyways thanks in advance guys for reading this and sharing me your thoughts/ideas

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IngloriousHulk View Post
    Hey guys at the doctors now to diagnose my heel but a quick summup about it

Yesterday i woke up and first steps my right heel does alot of pain really unbearable in the beginning as the day went it got abit better but today same thing. First 3hours at work were hell to walk after that I asked to ice it and took it more easy. Then I had like 0 complaints, now I slowly feel my heel/ankles burning and slowly starting to irritate

Now i know doctor if he notices it he might put me to full rest for a week or two.. mostly does when he knows type of job I do. Now my question, what can I do if its the case of a achilles tendonitis as active recovery.. i was thinking of skipping calf raises but maybe keep doing deadlifts and squats (with oly shoes the squats) but dont know if that would be a good idea, i readed swimming/cycling can help too but wanna hear from you guys who mightve experienced it and didnt wanna quit working out. Im trying to lose fat as I gained alot the last couple of years due to injuries and being inactive rather than have an active recovery approach so I still wanna be able to stay active and be in a deficit and keep losing fat rather than become mentally demotivated and start binging again to make me feel "partially" better..

Anyways thanks in advance guys for reading this and sharing me your thoughts/ideas
    Brings back memories. Achilles tendonitis was my first running injury. I was heavy and I didn't know what I was doing and wore a Brooks shoe that wasn't for running... and of course, I overdid it. I was on crutches for about two weeks as I recall and started back running with a walk/run strategy in a very conservative progression, aka 'mostly walking'. You cannot exercise your way out of it.

IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) IngloriousHulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for your reply. So maybe swimming, cycling (gym bycicle) and walking might be the best way to stay active and give some active recovery?

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for your reply. So maybe swimming, cycling (gym bycicle) and walking might be the best way to stay active and give some active recovery?
    My injury was in 95 and I remember my leg being in a sling and not putting any weight on it for (I'm pretty sure that it was about) two weeks. Swimming might be okay, but I don't think cyling would be. Walking for me was out of the question.

drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try some fascial release work to break up any scar tissue or fascial adhesions around the area. I use these techniques a lot when my achilles flairs up. Hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/p70n9a8Q-5A
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ

Originally Posted by drjoe View Post
    Try some fascial release work to break up any scar tissue or fascial adhesions around the area. I use these techniques a lot when my achilles flairs up. Hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/p70n9a8Q-5A
    It shouldn't return if it was completely healed. I do plyo jumps, super fast intervals and up to 20 mile runs and it's never reared its ugly head.

Thanks for that link. Will try it.
    Woke up today without any issues. Abit sore but no heavy pain as the last 2 days.
    Went swimming today, went good too, you notice while and like now after its abit stiff but yeah no issues again. Ive been stretching my calves for quite abit today also icing and some ointment (i think its written like this) and something the doctor prescribed so I hope it heals well. Gonna check how it evolves tomorrow so far so good i think

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now my question, what can I do if its the case of a achilles tendonitis as active recovery..
    You can hire a sports massage therapist to help it heal. They will do something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fhs9VLm7GQ&t=183s
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/