Gordon131 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I continue to lose and how far to go?

Hey guy's

Just looking for opionions. Current weight 196.6 lbs was 203.0 lbs on July 2. According to my scale i have which who knows is right showing 21% body fat which is probably close looking at my pictures. Been going solid to the gym for 2 years now. Was going 3 years prior to that but had some off time due to life issue things.

Just wanting to know how much weight should continue to lose? Go down to 190-185ish and see how things look from there? My biceps are about 15 3/4". Were 16 in July. Just afraid of getting skinny and just looking skinny haha, but know i need to lose some weight in my stomach / back, where i hold my weight. Any suggetions thanks. Currently go to the gym 5-6 days a week and hit about 300-400 calories burned of cardio at the gym and have my calories set at 2420 right now.
    Attached Images

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How tall are you?

If it were me, I would cut a bit more, but it depends on your goals. How are your lifts progressing?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Height?

Just looking at your pics I would probably cut about another 20 lbs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

I am 6 feet. I havn't lost much strength if anything get bit tired more pushing myself.

Originally Posted by mckajdos View Post
    How tall are you?

If it were me, I would cut a bit more, but it depends on your goals. How are your lifts progressing?

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gordon131 View Post
    I am 6 feet. I havn't lost much strength if anything get bit tired more pushing myself.
    So yeah, ultimately depends on what you want to do: build mass or drop bf%.

Yeah fair enough, im thinking i should drop some more body %. Never real dropped real low before so just nervous about looking skinny.

Originally Posted by mckajdos View Post
    So yeah, ultimately depends on what you want to do: build mass or drop bf%.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gordon131 View Post
    Yeah fair enough, im thinking i should drop some more body %. Never real dropped real low before so just nervous about looking skinny.
    It has the opposite effect, you'll actually look bigger with less bodyfat (without your shirt on), with your shirt on yes you'll appear smaller.

And btw you're nowhere near "real low" (I consider "real low" to be single digits); anywhere in the 12%-15% bf range is more sustainable in the long term and your physique will look a lot better. But to get there you'll need to drop down to the 175-180 range, which is not "skinny" for someone who is 6' tall.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Yes that what i was hoping to get to around 15% see how things look from there. Think id be best to continue to drop then. Then build myself back up with a lean bulk

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    It has the opposite effect, you'll actually look bigger with less bodyfat (without your shirt on), with your shirt on yes you'll appear smaller.

And btw you're nowhere near "real low" (I consider "real low" to be single digits); anywhere in the 12%-15% bf range is more sustainable in the long term and your physique will look a lot better. But to get there you'll need to drop down to the 175-180 range, which is not "skinny" for someone who is 6' tall.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work man!! You are in a good spot to do either to be honest. There's certainly more fat to lose their but you also have a good base to start adding lean muscle. Just make up your mind and commit to it!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/