thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

advice on my workout schedule?

I before was on a PPLPPLR routine, then switched to a URLR due to work, but I’m not making the same gains as on PPL, and the workouts are longer and imo not as effective, so I’m going to switch back.

I’m not as concerned with my upper body as I am legs. I’m training for vertical, strength, and explosiveness (I mix in plyo with lifting), and I was thinking what about a PushLegsRestPullLegsPushRest routine? I all around want to get stronger, and upper body bigger, but I’m mainly concerned with basketball. So I was thinking this way I could still do bench and legs twice a week, and an extra day off of lifting to focus training for basketball as opposed to regular PPL.

Does this make sense? On the first Push day I might do pull ups and a couple bicep exercises as well so I’m still hitting them twice a week but not as focused, as I make gain on my lats quite easily.

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thatsgreen View Post
    I before was on a PPLPPLR routine, then switched to a URLR due to work, but I’m not making the same gains as on PPL, and the workouts are longer and imo not as effective, so I’m going to switch back.

I’m not as concerned with my upper body as I am legs. I’m training for vertical, strength, and explosiveness (I mix in plyo with lifting), and I was thinking what about a PushLegsRestPullLegsPushRest routine? I all around want to get stronger, and upper body bigger, but I’m mainly concerned with basketball. So I was thinking this way I could still do bench and legs twice a week, and an extra day off of lifting to focus training for basketball as opposed to regular PPL.

Does this make sense? On the first Push day I might do pull ups and a couple bicep exercises as well so I’m still hitting them twice a week but not as focused, as I make gain on my lats quite easily.
    Why not an Upper, Legs, Rest, Pull, Push, Legs, Rest. That way you are still getting 2 times frequency on your upper body and keeping the push pull ratio in check. And this puts at least 2 days off between body parts.
    Current max
    325 bb bench
    295 incl bb bench
    275 push press.

Married w/ 2 kids crew

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lower, upper, off
    Ignore List

GregStren90
    health4life24
    LukeEverhart
    jeremybra

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would go with full body or upper/lower. If you want to get better at basketball, you'll need to be able to devote more time towards basketball-specific training.

thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thatsgreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think that’s what I will try, thank you

Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    I would go with full body or upper/lower. If you want to get better at basketball, you'll need to be able to devote more time towards basketball-specific training.
    That’s part of the reason I’m thinking of switching to ppl. My workouts on a ppl schedule are like 1 1/2 hours, or less on pull, whereas with upper lower I end up spending way too much time lifting. And if I don’t I feel as if I’m not giving each muscle enough attention, idk it feels off. I feel like my day and training with basketball as well will flow better this way, and I won’t have to neglect lifting as much as if I just need cut down and did upper lower. I may do that in the future though, thank you