Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Why mindset doesn't matter as much as you think.

Numbers don't lie, but your "survivor bias" is quite deceiving.
    Might as well believe in the law of attraction if you think that a certain mindset will directly make you successful in business or with women.

It's the hard truth that most people aren't willing to accept. It's much comforting to keep believing in a lie that gives some kind of false hope. Humans are optimistic by nature and will do anything to run away from the sometime sad reality of life.
    Last edited by nnodcvcker; 07-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew
    I am not an incel, nor identify as one. I am simply here to have a good time discussing. My posts that may come off as offensive are all satirical and they have no harmful intent.

Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz
    Dont tell me wut to do terell owens

Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Face matters. Good thing I have a hot face.

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are objectively inaccurate and just spewing some stuff you literally just made up.
    I only read thread titles and my own posts.

cVc (OIF/OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nnodcvcker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    You are objectively inaccurate and just spewing some stuff you literally just made up.
    Give some counterarguments
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew
    I am not an incel, nor identify as one. I am simply here to have a good time discussing. My posts that may come off as offensive are all satirical and they have no harmful intent.

Originally Posted by Boyguy View Post
    Face matters. Good thing I have a hot face.
    It's all about the face. Good looking people make more money on average
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nnodcvcker View Post
    Give some counterarguments

I mean, you didn't really provide a legit argument to begin with (your claim was not supported at all), but I don't mind starting.

Humans are the opposite of optimistic by nature. We refer to it as the negativity bias. This can be beneficial evolutionary speaking, but it has negative consequences if not put in check.

https://www.psycom.net/negativity-bias

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/a...-negative-bias

When discussing mindset, people do not generally try to alter theirs to be specifically successful at (women/business/etc). It is more so applied generally to increase mental and emotional stability which then results in more fulfilling relationships, higher job satisfaction and so on. Not because we become more successful, but because we are more satisfied with what we have.

There is a huge amount of research in medical fields, behavioral studies and psychology to support the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. Dialectic Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are good places to start.

What exactly is 'the hard truth' we can't accept? That we are simply stuck with what we were given? That is nonsense. Just like working out to become stronger or faster, we can exercise our brains to increase our cognitive abilities. It is all about mindset.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mindset/attitude is single-handedly the biggest factor in many things in life.

If you think something will be sh!t, I promise you it will be. You decide something is a certain way, your subconscious mind will immediately go to work to prove you right.

Sorry bud.
    678/424/700 - USPA Raw International Elite 220

PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only things that matter are what you can control. Mindset is one of the few aspects of your life that you can often control.

We don't have control over most things in our lives. Luck and genetics play a huge role in your life's outcome. If you feel that you're so limited in life by such factors that it's not even worth it to try, then lay down and rot by all means. But if you're not a weak livered soychild it does make sense to focus on what you can control to improve the outcome. Mindset is pretty high on that (limited) list imo.
    *** Dawn Patrol Crew ***

Rustle me = get repped

Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boyguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rajc View Post
    yesterday was talking to a friend

he told me about some guy he knows whose goal it is to make 1 million a month

i said well aight lol

suddenly my friend "why bro do you not believe in it?"

then he hit me with the

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1Tp7Dkxpzwo

inside i was facepalming but i said "yeah it's possible"

Spoiler!
    Very true. The real issue is they have these goals, but they have no plan on how to achieve them. That or their plan is extremely vague. A person who is going to be successful will have a step by step plan they are following most likely.

I mean, you didn't really provide a legit argument to begin with (your claim was not supported at all), but I don't mind starting.

Humans are the opposite of optimistic by nature. We refer to it as the negativity bias. This can be beneficial evolutionary speaking, but it has negative consequences if not put in check.

https://www.psycom.net/negativity-bias

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/a...-negative-bias

When discussing mindset, people do not generally try to alter theirs to be specifically successful at (women/business/etc). It is more so applied generally to increase mental and emotional stability which then results in more fulfilling relationships, higher job satisfaction and so on. Not because we become more successful, but because we are more satisfied with what we have.

There is a huge amount of research in medical fields, behavioral studies and psychology to support the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. Dialectic Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are good places to start.

What exactly is 'the hard truth' we can't accept? That we are simply stuck with what we were given? That is nonsense. Just like working out to become stronger or faster, we can exercise our brains to increase our cognitive abilities. It is all about mindset.
    I read the articles that you linked.
    They are not very imperical. Additionally, it looks like we're not on the same page with the statement I'm trying to make, and that is because of my lack of clarity.
    What I'm trying to say is that believing you can become a millionaire will not make you a millionaire if you don't have the other more important factors.
    Believing that you can have access to very attractive women when you're barely a 6 because you have a positive mindset or confidence.
    What I'm referring to here is the tendency successful people have of attributing their success to their mindset.
    And to answer you. Yes
    We're stuck our potential. The odds are stacked against me becoming a billionaire. The odds are stacked against me becoming a successful business owner. The odds are stacked against me becoming a male model. Your post somewhat proves my point because it's full of optimism.
    Not being optimistic is actually so bad that it's considered a symptom of depression.
    Now time for actual empirical data showing that humans are optimistic, not just some thoughts experiments.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ging-optimism/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982211011912

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    truth

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bobbydigitaloa View Post

If you think something will be sh!t, I promise you it will be. You decide something is a certain way, your subconscious mind will immediately go to work to prove you right.

Sorry bud.
    totally false. brb my starving family in africa are that way because of mindset. absolutely moronic.

You barely have any control in life and how you feel in your own mind only matters so much as it determines your behavior.

but if two people ACT in the same way, they will get similar outcomes regardless of mindset.

two people have the same job, one likes it and one hates, but as long as they both work hard they'll get similar outcomes. it doesnt fuking matter what you think. it matters what you do

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PisseninMisc View Post
    The only things that matter are what you can control. Mindset is one of the few aspects of your life that you can often control.

We don't have control over most things in our lives. Luck and genetics play a huge role in your life's outcome. If you feel that you're so limited in life by such factors that it's not even worth it to try, then lay down and rot by all means. But if you're not a weak livered soychild it does make sense to focus on what you can control to improve the outcome. Mindset is pretty high on that (limited) list imo.
    you said it yourself though, regardless of your mindset your lifes outcomes are still mostly influenced by things you cant control like genetics, luck, other people. enviornmental factors, randomness and your mindset doesnt AT ALL change these things, what matters is your behavior. Mindset can influence behavior, but not necessarily.

Its all about what you actually do, not how you feel or what you think. And even then, doing all you can doesnt make up for all of the many important things you have zero influence over in life.

Op is 1000% right, but if people really understood this they'd be offing themselves in record numbers

I read the articles that you linked.
    They are not very imperical. Additionally, it looks like we're not on the same page with the statement I'm trying to make, and that is because of my lack of clarity.
    What I'm trying to say is that believing you can become a millionaire will not make you a millionaire if you don't have the other more important factors.
    Believing that you can have access to very attractive women when you're barely a 6 because you have a positive mindset or confidence.
    What I'm referring to here is the tendency successful people have of attributing their success to their mindset.
    And to answer you. Yes
    We're stuck our potential. The odds are stacked against me becoming a billionaire. The odds are stacked against me becoming a successful business owner. The odds are stacked against me becoming a male model. Your post somewhat proves my point because it's full of optimism.
    Not being optimistic is actually so bad that it's considered a symptom of depression.
    Now time for actual empirical data showing that humans are optimistic, not just some thoughts experiments.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ging-optimism/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982211011912
    With respect to some superficial goal like becoming a millionaire, I agree. That does not mean mindset does not matter.

I am not suggesting altering your mindset can make you millionaire, or a model or any other superficial achievement. What I am saying, is by altering your mindset, you can absolutely have a fulfilling and happy life without those things.

KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish more people would just embrace the reality that they dont know 90% of the **** they talk about. Everyone has a "scientific" sounding argument and everyone wants to out "science" the other guy. We have become a nation of make believe scientists. And after you sound more analytical than the other guy you figure you "won" the argument but you arent any closer to understanding reality than you were before.

Sorry bud.
    Of course it does. Yeah tell that to all the pro athlete training to become number 1. I guess jeff bezos has the strongest mindset, while all the creator of all of the other thousands of start-up companies just have very weak mindsets.
    I guess Drake just has the strongest mindset while the other artist not making it just have weak mindset.
    fkn lol
    Can people be this stupid?
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew

Originally Posted by BigBallsMcgee View Post
    totally false. brb my starving family in africa are that way because of mindset. absolutely moronic.

You barely have any control in life and how you feel in your own mind only matters so much as it determines your behavior.

but if two people ACT in the same way, they will get similar outcomes regardless of mindset.

two people have the same job, one likes it and one hates, but as long as they both work hard they'll get similar outcomes. it doesnt fuking matter what you think. it matters what you do
    I'm a big proponent of keeping a positive mindset and taking as much responsibility as possible, both in general and for what occurs in your life. However, people take it too far. The only reason that works is because we live in the western world in 2019. BRB the jews should have just had a better mindset and took responsibility for their situation! But really, there is a continuum, and you will fall somewhere on that in terms of how much your mindset effects your life. At one end of the continuum is a tall attractive white man born into a rich family with no mental or health issues in 2019 in America, and at the other end would be jews in the holocaust or starving children in Africa. You very well can be anywhere in the continuum in between.

With respect to some superficial goal like becoming a millionaire, I agree. That does not mean mindset does not matter.

I am not suggesting altering your mindset can make you millionaire, or a model or any other superficial achievement. What I am saying, is by altering your mindset, you can absolutely have a fulfilling and happy life without those things.
    Self-perception was never part of my argument. Again, I think it is my fault because I wasn't very clear. I am talking about success in competitive endeavors.

Originally Posted by KirkMcquest View Post
    I wish more people would just embrace the reality that they dont know 90% of the **** they talk about. Everyone has a "scientific" sounding argument and everyone wants to out "science" the other guy. We have become a nation of make believe scientists. And after you sound more analytical than the other guy you figure you "won" the argument but you arent any closer to understanding reality than you were before.
    Unfortunately that is often the case. That is why we should try to be as much objective as possible. This is why we should focus on unbiased data and steer away from personal interpretations of it. It is impossible for humans to be unbiased, but scientists have the obligations to be minimize the influence of their bias.
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew

LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh look. Another "hey you can't change your life, we're all doomed to be miserable" thread
    480s / 370b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

Trump 2020
    DeSantis 2024
    Catbrah 2032

Misc Firearms Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew
    Will sell wife's foot pics for watch/gun money crew
    Definitely not a fed crew

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Of course it does. Yeah tell that to all the pro athlete training to become number 1. I guess jeff bezos has the strongest mindset, while all the creator of all of the other thousands of start-up companies just have very weak mindsets.
    I guess Drake just has the strongest mindset while the other artist not making it just have weak mindset.
    fkn lol
    I'm shocked that the forum's whiners and crybabies are agreeing with one another...WEIRD! lol

It's all about attitude.

Stay salty, boys.
    678/424/700 - USPA Raw International Elite 220

beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beansieweansie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Having a good mindset maximizes your potential, some people think they have the right mindset but are completely unaware of how bad their mindset is. Your mindset wont let you achieve anything you want, but if you truly have the right mindset you will be able to reach your potential

Originally Posted by Boyguy View Post
    I'm a big proponent of keeping a positive mindset and taking as much responsibility as possible, both in general and for what occurs in your life. However, people take it too far. The only reason that works is because we live in the western world in 2019. BRB the jews should have just had a better mindset and took responsibility for their situation! But really, there is a continuum, and you will fall somewhere on that in terms of how much your mindset effects your life. At one end of the continuum is a tall attractive white man born into a rich family with no mental or health issues in 2019 in America, and at the other end would be jews in the holocaust or starving children in Africa. You very well can be anywhere in the continuum in between.
    I disagree, living in the western world might present the illusion that all of a sudden you have more control than you do, but you still dont.

you're still limited by your genetics, your enviornment, other people, luck, randomness. And even then like I said, its not actually mindset that matters, its how you act. two people with different mindsets that still do the same thing at the end of the day, will have the same result(all else being equal). it doesnt matter how you feel or your mindset, it matters what you actually do. and even then, only makes so much of a difference

Originally Posted by beansieweansie View Post
    Having a good mindset maximizes your potential, some people think they have the right mindset but are completely unaware of how bad their mindset is. Your mindset wont let you achieve anything you want, but if you truly have the right mindset you will be able to reach your potential
    how would you ever be able to define that though and know when you're at your potential? You can never know, because something outside of your control can always change and then all of sudden your potential is different.

Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    Oh look. Another "hey you can't change your life, we're all doomed to be miserable" thread
    I never said we are all doomed. Most people are average. You have some that are extremely fortunate, but you also have others that are very unlucky.
    I am just here to talk about reality.

I just wanna make it clear that there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. It is actually a great thing. In fact, many evolutionary psychologists believe that optimism is something humans develop to help cope with the very frequent and tragic events they had to deal with. Hope is as human as it gets. Without hope you are no longer alive.
    In this thread we are just trying to have an honest conversation.
    Black Pill crew
    Insomniac Crew
    HTC
    Half body crew

I'm shocked that the forum's whiners and crybabies are agreeing with one another...WEIRD! lol

It's all about attitude.

Stay salty, boys.
    Weird how you never address our points with facts or logic, just feel good bullchit with nothing to back it up

I never said we are all doomed. Most people are average. You have some that are extremely fortunate, but you also have others that are very unlucky.
    I am just here to talk about reality.

I just wanna make it clear that there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. It is actually a great thing. In fact, many evolutionary psychologists believe that optimism is something humans develop to help cope with the very frequent and tragic events they had to deal with. Hope is as human as it gets. Without hope you are no longer alive.
    In this thread we are just trying to have an honest conversation.
    Humans have an optimism bias because without that, most would see how futile their efforts are and either rot or off themselves srs.

but then those of us able to adjust for our optimism bias and see it as it is, are called negative.

no, we just dont have the optimsim bias. we call it like it actually is

PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigBallsMcgee View Post
    you said it yourself though, regardless of your mindset your lifes outcomes are still mostly influenced by things you cant control like genetics, luck, other people. enviornmental factors, randomness and your mindset doesnt AT ALL change these things, what matters is your behavior. Mindset can influence behavior, but not necessarily.

Its all about what you actually do, not how you feel or what you think. And even then, doing all you can doesnt make up for all of the many important things you have zero influence over in life.

Op is 1000% right, but if people really understood this they'd be offing themselves in record numbers
    You picked one sentence from what I said to try to justify your own position, which is mostly due to the fact that you're clinically depressed.

My point was it is retarded not to use the very few tools in your toolbox to your advantage. Having a positive mindset is one of the most effective tools. Being positive doesn't mean you have to be a retard and think you can play in the NFL if you're 5'-3" and missing a limb. There is a middle ground between being a negative nancy and an overly positive retard.

If you're smart enough to understand that luck and genetics play some role, why can't you see that a positive mindset can also be used to improve your life? It doesn't have to be all or nothing boyo.
    *** Dawn Patrol Crew ***

Rustle me = get repped

fkn lol
    exactly. who really thinks the difference between elite pro athletes and everyone else is mindset? that successful people just had the best mindset.

99% of the time its innate talent, potential, and luck that they've capitalized on. Yes, effort matters, but a lot of people who give just as much effort dont get the results. other things out of your control determins that