Registered User Vegas313Knights's Avatar
    Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegas313Knights is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help for my wife

My wife and I have as of a couple weeks ago started going to Planet Fitness six days a week (affordable). We have the program designed by the trainer that we stick to, we do extra classes for core, strength, cardio, and the 30 minute circuit, and we both started a low carb/high protein diet. The issue is, I see her losing some motivation because her weight is bouncing. She'll go from being down a pound, to being up 2.5 or so pounds. I think it's because of muscle gain, as I am seeing results as far as muscle definition. She however sees the muscle definition, but still gets down about the weight bouncing. Is there any advice you could give me in regards on how to help her with this?

Skinny Fat now Skinny asianboy23's Avatar
    asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000) asianboy23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vegas313Knights View Post
    My wife and I have as of a couple weeks ago started going to Planet Fitness six days a week (affordable). We have the program designed by the trainer that we stick to, we do extra classes for core, strength, cardio, and the 30 minute circuit, and we both started a low carb/high protein diet. The issue is, I see her losing some motivation because her weight is bouncing. She'll go from being down a pound, to being up 2.5 or so pounds. I think it's because of muscle gain, as I am seeing results as far as muscle definition. She however sees the muscle definition, but still gets down about the weight bouncing. Is there any advice you could give me in regards on how to help her with this?
    what is her macro? if her goal is to lose weight, should go for a caloric deficit. Also, transformation-wise, I've seen men to have an easier time than women in terms of building muscle and/or losing weight. Just let her know this is a journey and how you won't be disappointed when you see the results

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    She will also have to accept that the body doesn't just lose weight in a linear fashion. Many people have their weight fluctuate even in a calorie deficit. We often forget the different things that affect water weight and other factors that influence how much we way on any given day. There are the usual sodium, hydration and hormone factors. Also having food and digestion. Eating lower calories per day means less food and that does some times lead to irregularity. I know for the last couple of weeks I've been anywhere from 133 to this morning's new low of 129.8 and it wasn't a down hill showing from one number down to the next. It goes back up a little then might go down or stay the same. Randomly there will be a low number. Weighing on a regular basis means being aware of the fluctuations and not letting them affect the trust in the process if following the right guidelines and eating in a deficit.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Suggest she use pictures or measurements instead of weight as a tracking mechanism
    2. Suggest she create her own account and come speak to other women so we share how our bodies react differently to training than a man, without a man-splainer translating ;-)
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "A couple of weeks" isn't enough time to judge progress. She'll probably find that she fluctuates approximately the same amount of weight all the time. Soooo...she'll weigh somewhere between 150 and 152.5 lbs, drop a pound and fluctuate between 149 and 151.5 lbs and so forth. She'll have weird days she ways a pound more or less for no reason she can determine (so 154 instead of 150...yikes! But really, that's normal). And Lord help her during the couple of weeks leading up to the end of her menstrual cycle. Too much info for you as a dude? Yeah...definitely have her create an account.

Have her weigh herself WEEKLY on a day where she is most likely to have gotten the most sleep (time for food to digest), before she has eaten and after she has gone to the restroom. That is probably the most accurate measurement of weight she's going to get. If she can mentally handle weighing daily, that's fine...but that needs to be used as a tool to understand what her normal fluctuations are instead of a measure of daily progress. And remind her hormonal fluctuations are going to impact her weight for a week or two every month. It will probably sometime in the week after that, that she realizes how much progress she's actually made. Soooo...it's really her monthly progress she needs to pay attention to over shorter-term changes in the scale.

lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightanddark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have her take a "before photo' that way she can see the differences in her body regardless of weight change.
    Also, doing body measurements help as well.
    In a month or two revisit measurements and take progress photos.
    She will SEE her progress easier.