NYBuilder74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips for Getting Hired as a Newly Certified Personal Trainer at a Gym?

I recently achieved one of my dreams of becoming a Certified Personal Trainer through ACE, though I’m hitting a new reality that it’s not so easy to get hired as a newly certified trainer at any of my local commercial gyms.

I’ve emailed, called, walked-into, and applied to at least 15 gyms and either none are hiring, or they say that they are but haven’t called me back.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Should I be calling the places I’ve applied to online to check the status of my application? Would that show initiative or come off as being too pushy?

I’m not sure if my resume showing my lack of experience in the field is a real issue? Though I’m not sure how I can gain experience without being hired first.

Location: Brummy, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congratulations!

I'm from the UK and it's fairly easy getting a job with the main corporate gyms, Virgin, Nuffield Health, David Lloyds, these are the gyms that pay you a percentage of clients trained with no rent.

Usually gyms you're self employed with (pay rent to gym) would take most on, more PTs>More money for them. And there's big staff turnover rates so you'll find the gyms have vacancies 365 for new PT's.

It can't be that different from the UK, surely?