Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Prohormone/Steroid Advice For Teens

Hi Guys,

I have seen a lot of activity on a lot of forums lately and a lot of talk in the gym from teens wanting to use and using prohormones or steroids. I have been asked for advice on the subject many a time by guys in the gym, by my little brother and his friends. And I give them the same answer everytime, DON'T DO IT. Not yet.

Now I know being buff seems really important to you now, and it is still important to me too, I like attention from girls, and to be big so no one will mess with me, I like to feel my own power in the gym and when I play sports. Its a great feeling, like a drug in itself.

Now I am not patronising you for being young nobody in this forum will do that, and I know we may sound like your parents, telling you what's best for you and all that ****. Some of us here take PHs and even steroids, like your dad may drink and smoke whilst telling you not to at the same time, do as I say not as I do.
    Its not like that at all, these substances can really do more damage to you then both of those things at this stage in your life. Whatever you may think, we are not trying to keep this big muscle secret to ourselves, and discourage the youth from joining our club. Bodybuilders are not like that, we are amongst the strongest (mentally) and most positive people in the world, its like that because only the strong, and positive people hang around in the sport for any length of time. For most of us the only thing better than doing it, is watching others do it, giving our advice as veterans and seeing the youth grow in the sport, both physically and in terms of character. Seeing a young kid do things the right way, with enthusiasm makes us feel good about ourselves. And brings credit to a sport which has had much more than is share of bad publicity.

But there is the point, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Health risks aside steroids and prohormones will build you muscle, no doubt about it. But hard work and determination is what makes you a real man. A kid weighing a 125 pounds benching 50 with proper form and with intensity, who leaves the gym and lives clean, will get more of my time and more of my respect than any juiced freak benching 300. And I am sure that goes for most of us here.

Bottom line if you are a teen now trying to make their way in this sport, there will come a time when your body and more importantly your mind can handle Prohormones, Steroids whatever, but it isn't now.

Peace

Apothes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump
    "I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself." D H Lawrence.

"What you want pecks or bitch tits..gimme 5 more!"

NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think this is pretty good and there are alot of young kids asking about phs/juice. Bump to the top

Nsruffryder34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My opinion is that it depends on the maturity of the individual. I know for a fact that there are 16-18 year olds that act more mature than some 23 year olds on this board now. They do more research and such than most other people. I feel if they go see a doctor and check for growth plate closure, there is no reason they cannot REASONABLY use PH;s. This is all dependent on an individual basis, and it gets easier to give advice as the person gets older.

NOTE

NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Nsruffryder34
    My opinion is that it depends on the maturity of the individual. I know for a fact that there are 16-18 year olds that act more mature than some 23 year olds on this board now. They do more research and such than most other people. I feel if they go see a doctor and check for growth plate closure, there is no reason they cannot REASONABLY use PH;s. This is all dependent on an individual basis, and it gets easier to give advice as the person gets older.

NOTE
    Well your certainly entitled to your opinion. I would have to disagree though. I just think at 16 your body is already in the perfect state to grow without chemicals.

Thats true too.....I also believe a 16-17 year old wont benefit from PHs as much as a 28 year old will.

But we reccomend some 21 year olds to use PH's, but how mcuh do we really think there test has declined from when they were 17? I dont think that much, but it can vary.

Thats true too.....I also believe a 16-17 year old wont benefit from PHs as much as a 28 year old will.

But we reccomend some 21 year olds to use PH's, but how mcuh do we really think there test has declined from when they were 17? I dont think that much, but it can vary.
    Carl, I understand what you are saying. I think this also has alot to do why I do not recommend phs/steriods to anyone under 21...

From pogue's thread...

Psychological Problems

Being a teenager can be difficult as it is. Getting used to your own body image can be hard if you feel you're different than everyone else. Many teenagers turn to bodybuilding to help improve that image, and that can be a very healthy thing. However, when a teenager becomes obsessed or is only after short term goals of getting ripped in 6 weeks then it can be a very serious problem when prohormones/steroids get in the mix.

1) Abuse. There is a high potential for abuse when individuals turn to prohormones/steroids when they aren't mature enough to handle them. Most of these individuals had these substances recommended to them by friends with erroneous data presented to them on how to use them and how they work. I have seen teenagers on this board claim to never come off cycles of Mag-10 and 1AD. There is no reason to abuse your body like that. Never coming off hormones can have even greater risks than using them for the short term, such as halting normal hormone production permantely. If you have a problem and want to discuss it with us, please post it.

Those are all very good points. And I probably should have put in there that I would reccomend them only to a very small % of teens. Definetly not a newbie bber, who is looking for a quick fix. I guess it would be a pretty good debate, but I do think there are special circumstances they can be used in.

Those are all very good points. And I probably should have put in there that I would reccomend them only to a very small % of teens. Definetly not a newbie bber, who is looking for a quick fix. I guess it would be a pretty good debate, but I do think there are special circumstances they can be used in.
    ya i hear you we could debate this all night long. See ya around in the threads bro.

AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll sum it up

DON'T take them yet

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there are other sides besides growth plates being fused by estrogen. how about normal natural production? using exogenous androgens too young could f*ck yur sh*t up. the balance will be disturbed, who knows if one'll be able to get natural test levels back to normal after they've done it.
    i wish we could have avatars.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

NOTE
    Psychological and physical maturity are not good indicators of one's endocrine development. Keep that in mind.

NaT805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is exactly what I needed. I am 16 years old and pro-hormones and steroids have crossed my mind many times. I am a hardgainer. I'm 6'2"ft and I weigh 138 (lost 10lbs from being sick, hopefully just water). I've tried creatine with not much success, sure I gained weight and got a little stronger but I didn't get too much bigger, at all. My mom told me while I am on creatine I look more "full" and "filled" in. I take protein, multi-vit, and I make sure I get at least 2500 Calories a day, with around 150g of protein. I don't count carbs. I thought deeply about steroids, and pro-hormones and I've decided...I am going to do EVERYTHING perfect, I am going to eat 6 meals a day, 3000 Calories, 160g of protein, and 160g of carbs. Some flax seed oil, and maybe some creatine. I am going to two-a-day it like Arnold, 30-40 minutes before school, 30-40 minutes after, one muscle at a time. In hopes to see more gains than I have, everything is going to be done as perfect as I can, before I take the risk of damaging my body.
    NaT

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yo nat, you answered your own question whether u know it or not. 6'2 @ 138 is very very slim. i don't know what routine you follow, but you're not growing cuz you're not eating. let's put aside your body weight for now, and just keep in mind that you're 6'2. . . so. . . eat like you're 6'2 and need to fill in that body, not like you're 138lbs and you want to grow.

bump UP the food intake. you may not have the discipline or time to count all the numbers but try to keep within these guidelines. eat upwards of 3000 cals a day, try to take that to 4000 in a few weeks. aim for 200+ grams protein, and 200+ grams carbs a day.

did you load while on creatine? if so, u may just be a non-responder. you'd have better luck with syntrax swole (v2 is highly recommended) or SAN V12.

if you don't grow with this, there is not much steroids or ph's can do for you anyways except make you a lot poorer.
    i wish we could have avatars.

Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Frankiexq
    yo nat, you answered your own question whether u know it or not. 6'2 @ 138 is very very slim. i don't know what routine you follow, but you're not growing cuz you're not eating. let's put aside your body weight for now, and just keep in mind that you're 6'2. . . so. . . eat like you're 6'2 and need to fill in that body, not like you're 138lbs and you want to grow.

bump UP the food intake. you may not have the discipline or time to count all the numbers but try to keep within these guidelines. eat upwards of 3000 cals a day, try to take that to 4000 in a few weeks. aim for 200+ grams protein, and 200+ grams carbs a day.

did you load while on creatine? if so, u may just be a non-responder. you'd have better luck with syntrax swole (v2 is highly recommended) or SAN V12.

if you don't grow with this, there is not much steroids or ph's can do for you anyways except make you a lot poorer.

bump

coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachbigdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Teens SHOULD NOT use p.h. or gear until later in life, if AT ALL. How many are actually going to go to the doc and tell him what he's doing.ESPECIALLY THEN THE BALLS TURN TO RAISINS. yES YOU MIGHT LOOK GOOD FOR A TEEN BUT HOW GOOD WILL YOU LOOK IN TEN YEARS. The funny thing is that MOST WOMEN like muscular men but not HUGE MEN.Sure they rub all over a big guy but it's just a nolvety. Why screw your body up at such a young age?

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nat,

If I could just stop one person from making a mistake like juicing too young then I am pleased. I would bet the results you would have got would have been poor anyway because of your diet.

Frankiexq is right, you gotta eat more dude,

Thats why your are not growing, I am sure your training is fine, and am 110 percent sure your hormones are fine!

Its really hard to eat that much at first, I know,

I started lifting at 17 and I was 6.1 and 70Kgs (154lbs) I found it was near impossible to eat 3000kcal per day, but no matter how sick it made me to force it all down I managed it, and it got easier, your capacity for food intake does increase and so does the speed you can digest a meal. I can now at 23 eat 4500+ Kcals per day when bulking, So push the envolope as far as diet is concerned and you will adapt.

At 19 I had already reached 87Kgs (191lbs) through natural means, (creatine, glutamine, whey). Thats an increase of 37lbs most of which occured in my first year. I just maintained after that.

I was 22 before I did my first small PH cycle.

Its possible that putting on 30lbs may be all you want,
    I which case you may never need chemicals.
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

PlowPuller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NaT805
    This is exactly what I needed. I am 16 years old and pro-hormones and steroids have crossed my mind many times. I am a hardgainer. I'm 6'2"ft and I weigh 138 (lost 10lbs from being sick, hopefully just water). I've tried creatine with not much success, sure I gained weight and got a little stronger but I didn't get too much bigger, at all. My mom told me while I am on creatine I look more "full" and "filled" in. I take protein, multi-vit, and I make sure I get at least 2500 Calories a day, with around 150g of protein. I don't count carbs. I thought deeply about steroids, and pro-hormones and I've decided...I am going to do EVERYTHING perfect, I am going to eat 6 meals a day, 3000 Calories, 160g of protein, and 160g of carbs. Some flax seed oil, and maybe some creatine. I am going to two-a-day it like Arnold, 30-40 minutes before school, 30-40 minutes after, one muscle at a time. In hopes to see more gains than I have, everything is going to be done as perfect as I can, before I take the risk of damaging my body.
    Good, except you may want to do it once a day instead of twice to avoid any possible overtraining. Also, just a psychological factor of maybe having to miss that morning workout or the evening workout and thinking you messed up. But good attitude to actually put WORK in instead of trying to take a quick way.

Bump to top.
    No excuses...it may be hard to FIND time..but how willing are you to work to MAKE time??

ME: One more! Stop whining! You're lifting like a GUURRRL!!!!
    Girlfriend: That's because I AM a girl!!!
    ME: Umm..my bad..you know what I mean...now lift!

Originally posted by NaT805
    Nat, I wish you the best of luck. EAT EAT EAT, train hard, and sleep and you will grow. I was in the same boat as you when I was 16 I was 6ft 1 145. I got all the way up to 230 naturally by 23. Let us know if you have any questions.

NaT805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eating won't be a problem. I am hungry every 2-3 hours, PERIOD. If I eat so much that I want to puke, 3 hours later I'm ready to eat it all over again.

And yes, I loaded on creatine for 5 days, 20g.

The problem will be getting the food, these goddamned supermarket employee's are on strike...
    NaT

hermes_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hermes_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hermes_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nat:

it sounds like you need a three day training split ... i am willing to bet that if you train two times a day every day you will quickly deflate both your progress and your physique ... i know, i have tried similar training methods ... your body needs time to rest, take my word for it.
    I am the cold mask that speaks beneath Flesh;
    Say Nothing now for I am King.

Originally posted by hermes_X
    nat:

it sounds like you need a three day training split ... i am willing to bet that if you train two times a day every day you will quickly deflate both your progress and your physique ... i know, i have tried similar training methods ... your body needs time to rest, take my word for it.
    Ya i agree with this. What do you recommend exactly Hermes

GentlemanE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by hermes_X
    nat:

I definitely agree with this advice. The worst thing someone like you can do is train too frequently. When I was in high school and college, I overtrained, thinking more was better. I never gained a pound, and I "thought" I was eating enough.

I cut back to 3 or 4 sessions a week, never more than an hour at a time. Strength gains went through the roof. Once my bodyfat was very low, I began bulking. The most noticeable change in how I ate, was the first thing I did after waking, even before showering, was throw down a 400-calorie weight gainer. And I did the same every night just before bed. That added about 800-calories a day to what was already a decent diet, and the weight has been steadily rising ever since.

Back when I was a teenager, the weight-gainers were horrible. Today they are quite good by comparison.

You want to grow quickly at your age? Eat as much as possible, and start and end each day with a 400-calorie weight gainer. If you're already eating enough to maintain your weight, the weight-gainer alone should add about 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Creatine, prohormones, and even steroids won't do jack for you if you aren't consuming an abundance of calories.

Originally posted by GentlemanE
    I definitely agree with this advice. The worst thing someone like you can do is train too frequently. When I was in high school and college, I overtrained, thinking more was better. I never gained a pound, and I "thought" I was eating enough.

I cut back to 3 or 4 sessions a week, never more than an hour at a time. Strength gains went through the roof. Once my bodyfat was very low, I began bulking. The most noticeable change in how I ate, was the first thing I did after waking, even before showering, was throw down a 400-calorie weight gainer. And I did the same every night just before bed. That added about 800-calories a day to what was already a decent diet, and the weight has been steadily rising ever since.

Back when I was a teenager, the weight-gainers were horrible. Today they are quite good by comparison.

You want to grow quickly at your age? Eat as much as possible, and start and end each day with a 400-calorie weight gainer. If you're already eating enough to maintain your weight, the weight-gainer alone should add about 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Creatine, prohormones, and even steroids won't do jack for you if you aren't consuming an abundance of calories.
    I agree but I think most people would suggest making your own weight gainer rather than buying a gainer which is full of sugar. There are some great recipies on the board.

laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000)
    believe it or not i first used andro at 13 yrs old , from then on i had used ph's until this day at age 20. Although i am bigger than most people i stunted my growth at 5'11''. My lil bro is 6'4''. Hows that for motivation to wait!

GentlemanE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NO MERCY
    I agree but I think most people would suggest making your own weight gainer rather than buying a gainer which is full of sugar. There are some great recipies on the board.
    No argument here if you have the time. I barely have time to mix my powered gainer with milk anymore. If he's like me, he can get away with the sugar. Fine tune as needed!

I'll be checking out those recipes though. Maybe there's something quick I can fit into the schedule. Cleaning up a blender twice a day is not an option though.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by GentlemanE
    Cleaning up a blender twice a day is not an option though.
    There are recipes that do not require a blender. All you need is a coffee grinder, which I only periodically clean.

Originally posted by laz
    believe it or not i first used andro at 13 yrs old , from then on i had used ph's until this day at age 20. Although i am bigger than most people i stunted my growth at 5'11''. My lil bro is 6'4''. Hows that for motivation to wait!
    damn 13. You must have taken alot of old school andro. There were not many choices back in the day. Just alot of crappy ph's

I4NI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I4NI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I4NI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I4NI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NO MERCY
    Nat, I wish you the best of luck. EAT EAT EAT, train hard, and sleep and you will grow. I was in the same boat as you when I was 16 I was 6ft 1 145. I got all the way up to 230 naturally by 23. Let us know if you have any questions.
    damn thats a transformation, and naturally just makes it so much better, that should inspire any young kid out there and let em know it can be done (without ph's)

Originally posted by I4NI
    damn thats a transformation, and naturally just makes it so much better, that should inspire any young kid out there and let em know it can be done (without ph's)
    thank you.

it can be done but you have to consistently bust your ass in the gym and eat tons of food.