Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Grinding up steel cut oats.

Okay, so I've been grinding up my steel cut oats and putting them into my protein shakes. I usually don't let them soak, I just pour them in and start drinking. Is the body able to digest these, or should they be soaked, and softened up first? Also does grinding them up change the nutritional value at all? I'm just trying to make sure I'm not wasting my money on all these oats.

CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, they are digestable unsoaked. The nutritional profile doesn't get changed while grinding either.
    ...Not with uncertainty. Thus I Fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into Subjection...
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

theconjuring88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theconjuring88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    call me weird but I actually enjoy chewing uncooked steelcut oats while sipping my protein shake post workout =)
    Never trust a fat chef when your trying to lose weight.

Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mattxj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the taste too. I mix mine with Dymatize Cafe Mocha whey, and milk. It tastes really good.

Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how do you grind oats? do you have to buy a grinder? where do u get them from
    mercury build up from excessive tuna will kill your libido
    http://www.ph.ucla.edu/ehs/student%20hazards/mercury.pdf

knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    most people just use a coffee grinder to do it , you can get them probably at walmart.
    ---==-=-=- Current Xfactor Log-=-=-==---
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131933703

***Canadian Customs and Duties Explained ****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=965533

***Optimum Nutrition 100% VS. Dymatize Elite whey review***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=822980

Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But you don't HAVE to use a grinder right?

What type of oats will blend easily in a normal blender?

slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ripped_carnt View Post
    But you don't HAVE to use a grinder right?

What type of oats will blend easily in a normal blender?
    dude, its a blender, and there oats.......you can snap any kinda of major manufactured oats (quaker, kellog, etc..) litteraly in half with your bare hands.

and if your not buying major store oats. then you my friend have access to some weird ass geneticaly engineered oats.

its not like your trying to grind up nails into metal powder. seriously, re-read your question and think about it for a good minute before you even reply back to this.

mate a blender often struggles to dice a banana - you'll still find half of it stuck to the blades and clagging your shake when you chug it down

i've crunched on oats before, they are little hard fragmented things. when i imagine the propeller blades of the blender rotating, i can imagine the suckers clagging up the bottom of the blender and i can also imagine sucking down on a drink that is 1/2 liquid and 1/2 soggy oats at the bottom.

get my drift?

so the question i was posing was, what's the go people, does a blender turn my oats to powder or not?

if ALL blenders turned ALL oats to powder, then why the hell are people using coffee grinders?

slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ripped_carnt View Post
    mate a blender often struggles to dice a banana - you'll still find half of it stuck to the blades and clagging your shake when you chug it down

i've crunched on oats before, they are little hard fragmented things. when i imagine the propeller blades of the blender rotating, i can imagine the suckers clagging up the bottom of the blender and i can also imagine sucking down on a drink that is 1/2 liquid and 1/2 soggy oats at the bottom.

get my drift?
    man idk what kinda blenders you have down in australia (not-dissing on australia or anythin) but here a blender has more than just 1 setting. a blender here can blend a banana without reaching anywhere close to its medium setting.

i'm not rich and i'm not talking about a fancy blender. i'm talking about the simplist blender. the cheapest you could find at walmart or whereever. has ATLEAST 4 settings. blenders here are able to chop/grind meat, (even though they make specialty meat grinders)but you could also get it done for free at the grocery market. and at the same time finish your shoping

people use coffee grinders because thats what they have. why go out and buy a blender when you can use your coffee grinder. 90% of the people here drink coffee everyday in the morning as there kickstart. hence why they have it, and with the convience of today's society, not everyone needs a blender.

but your question was involving a blender.

again, idk how you do it in australia, and i have nothing against it. but it might just be that your stuff is way more diffrent than the rest of the people on this forum's.

http://www.sugapablo.net sugapablo's Avatar
    sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Uhm...whole oat flour. It's just finely ground oats. I buy it bulk at my grocery co-op. Mixes great in my shakes.

Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do not soak mine; I prefer not to drink sludge.
    Random Guy, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist
    -Although I offer advice and information, I am not diagnosing or treating anyone
    with anything.

HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sugapablo View Post
    Uhm...whole oat flour. It's just finely ground oats. I buy it bulk at my grocery co-op. Mixes great in my shakes.
    x2

You can actually buy finely ground scottish oats from some supplement stores too.

2001v6IL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i bought a 10 dollar coffee grinder at walmart to cut my steel cut oats. I would imagine this does a better job than a blender because coffee needs to be cut very fine. I've never tried a blender. Someone else said you can snap any oats with your bare hands but no you can't, steel cuts are not flimsy like quaker oats.