sportsfan21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

critique my new diet please- reps for help!

Right now I'm

5 foot 11
    173 lbs
    14.7% body fat

I'd like to get to 10% BF by June 1st, meaning I need to drop 8 lbs of fat. I figure if I decrease my caloric intake by 400 cal/day and then do HIIT after lifting, I'll lose the 8 lbs by 6/1.

My maintanence cal is around 2900, so I'm planning on eating ~2500 cal/day.

I've figured out the majority of my diet, I'm still playing around with what to do for my last meal of the day, but I want to see if so far, I'm on the right track.

The diet is attached, but heres my schedule:

Breakfast @ 7:30 - one of the meals listed
    Lunch 1 @ 10:30 - the meal with PB in it
    Lunch 2 @ 1:30 - either turkey or tuna
    Pre-Workout Shake @ 2:45
    Gym @ 3-4:30
    Post-Workout Shake 4:45
    Dinner @ 7
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sportsfan21; 03-12-2007 at 06:42 AM.

smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Meal 1: Use fat free milk. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Use raw oats instead of cereal. Cereal is processed, while oats aren't. That makes them better.
    Meal 2: Don't use mayo. Use fat free if ever. Eat whole carrots over baby ones, baby ones are watered down and taste nasty. If you use pb, make sure it is natty.
    Shakes: They are alright. Don't be afraid to add any natty pb if it fits into your calories.

Personally, it doesn't seem like you are getting enough food in. I didn't see what your dinner was. You need to add more veggies to your diet also. Just make sure everything fits into your macros, and try to eat as many raw/unprocessed foods as much as possible so you can control what goes into your diet.
    "You do what you love and **** the rest."
    -Dwayne

Exclamation

Originally Posted by smkenne2 View Post
    Meal 1: Use fat free milk. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Use raw oats instead of cereal. Cereal is processed, while oats aren't. That makes them better.
    Meal 2: Don't use mayo. Use fat free if ever. Eat whole carrots over baby ones, baby ones are watered down and taste nasty. If you use pb, make sure it is natty.
    Shakes: They are alright. Don't be afraid to add any natty pb if it fits into your calories.

Personally, it doesn't seem like you are getting enough food in. I didn't see what your dinner was. You need to add more veggies to your diet also. Just make sure everything fits into your macros, and try to eat as many raw/unprocessed foods as much as possible so you can control what goes into your diet.
    Egg whites instead of whole eggs. Got it.
    The mayo is fat free... the little bit I use makes the sandwhich SO much better that I think its worth the extra 40 cal.

And yes my dinner is about 500-600 cal, which brings me to about 2500 on the day.

Anyone else?

I just read this in someone else's post and was wondering why I would need to switch to egg whites?

Whole Egg Avoidance

Another myth: refraining from ingesting the yolk portion of the egg. Many bodybuilders opt for the egg white and ditch the egg yolk for whatever reason. The truth is the egg yolks are the most nutrient-dense portion
    of the egg. All of the egg's Vitamins A, D and E are in the yolk. Egg yolks happen to be just one of the few foods that naturally contains Vitamin D. The yolk portion also has more manganese, phosphorus, iodine, copper, calcium, zinc, and iron than the egg white itself. Egg yolks should not be avoided because of the high amounts of cholesterol either as high cholesterol levels are correlated with diets high in Trans Fat and Saturated Fat, and genetics play a big role in cholesterol levels. Egg yolks are also anti-catabolic because of the Arachidonic Acid found in them. Overall, there really isn't a reason to avoid whole eggs.

in case you didnt feel like opening the .doc file, here is the diet

Breakfasts (once @ 7:30)

Food Cals g Protein g Carbs g Fat

2 scrambled eggs 202 14 2 16
    1 whole wheat english muffin 135 6 27 1.5
    Totals: 337 20 29 17.5

1 cup oatmeal 300 12 54 6
    1 scoop whey 130 24 4 1.5
    Totals: 430 36 58 7.5

1 cup cereal 140 3 31 2
    1 cup milk 110 8 13 2.5
    1 scoop whey 130 24 4 1.5
    Totals: 380 35 48 6

Lunches (@ 10:30, 1:30)

1 can tuna 175 37.5 0 2.5
    1 whole wheat english muffin 135 6 27 1.5
    1 TBSP mayo 40 0 0 4.5
    10 baby carrots 38 0 8 0
    Totals: 388 43.5 35 8.5

2 tbsp peanut butter 190 7 7 16
    2 slices whole wheat bread 160 8 28 2
    1 banana 92 1 23 0.5
    Totals: 442 16 58 18.5

6 slices turkey 138 28 0 2
    2 slices whole wheat bread 160 8 28 2
    Totals: 298 36 28 4

Shakes

1 cups milk 110 8 13 2.5
    1 scoops whey 130 24 4 1.5
    Pre Workout Shake: 240 32 17 4

2 cups milk 220 16 26 5
    2 scoops whey 260 48 8 3
    Post Workout Shake: 480 64 34 8

Originally Posted by eyesonly View Post
    Hmm... I have a question: What type of oatmeal are you eating where 1 cup is 300 cals? In my diet, oatmeal is a little under 150 per cup.
    Its natural high fiber instant oatmeal. It has 150 calories per 1/2 cup.

eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmm... I have a question: What type of oatmeal are you eating where 1 cup is 300 cals? In my diet, oatmeal is a little under 150 per cup.
    /
    -----> If something I said amused, informed, or entertained you, click that white scale-ish icon doohickey on the left. Reps are appreciated, and I rep back! <-----

owe reps to: <your name here>

eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What brand and type are they? Sounds good for me to use when bulking.
    /
    -----> If something I said amused, informed, or entertained you, click that white scale-ish icon doohickey on the left. Reps are appreciated, and I rep back! <-----

owe reps to: <your name here>

audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eyesonly View Post
    Are you sure?

Coz my oats are 150 calories... 1/2 cup
    .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::.
    nothing worth achieving comes easy .::.