Valyria is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is the safest foot stance and foot angle on heavy glute bridges and hip thrusts?

Hi, I am new for glute bridges and hip thrusts. I am doing glute bridges and hip thrust with a random comfortable stance but I want to make sure I am safely executing the glute bridges with right foot stance and foot angle.

For example, I am executing squats with 30-degree foot angle with a shoulder width stance. Deadlifts with 15-degree foot angle with a hip width stance. What is the formula for hip thrusts and glute bridges?

Note: I know this depends on the person’s build. Just consider an average person with average torso/leg length rate.

Location: Brummy, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crsk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Valyria View Post
    Hi, I am new for glute bridges and hip thrusts. I am doing glute bridges and hip thrust with a random comfortable stance but I want to make sure I am safely executing the glute bridges with right foot stance and foot angle.

For example, I am executing squats with 30-degree foot angle with a shoulder width stance. Deadlifts with 15-degree foot angle with a hip width stance. What is the formula for hip thrusts and glute bridges?

Note: I know this depends on the person’s build. Just consider an average person with average torso/leg length rate.
    The wider you go the more glute you'll use. I like to place my heels around a hand width from my backside and hip width wide. Feet too far from the bum and you'll likely use more quads to extend the legs. I don't think foot angle makes much difference, for me anyway I just use a 15-20 degree angle.

When you raise up make sure knees, hips and shoulders are all in a straight line and keep the pelvis posteriorly tilted. This will make sure you're properly extending through the glutes and as you lower focus on lowering the bum last as to not overextend the spine.

Google Bret Contrares, he's actually known as 'the butt guy' or something like that.
    Last edited by Crsk; 04-16-2019 at 08:41 AM.