Registered User FormerChunkyKid's Avatar
    FormerChunkyKid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If It Fits Your Macros

I've been bulking for the first time and was wondering if I can eat pizza, fries, etc if it fits my macros?
    I cook and bake a lot and have made pizzas that use super low amounts of oil and are high in protein (lean pepperoni, skim mozzarella, making the sauce from fresh tomatoes, making the dough with just yeast-flour-water). I track everything to the gram so I know I'm not missing any calories.

I've made pepperoni pizzas that are 690 calories and I was wondering if I can eat these regularly (3 times a week)?
    The macros on them are 30f/70c/31p.

I can post a picture if you guys want.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can eat whatever you want as long as you get enough protein.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sure you can eat whatever you want.

However, if you also have the goal to be as healthy as possible (I don't know if you do) then there's more to it. For example: intake of processed meats is linked with increased risk for certain cancers and a high intake of acrylamide (present in fries) is probably also carcinogenic. So you might want to take it easy with those foods.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Sure you can eat whatever you want.

However, if you also have the goal to be as healthy as possible (I don't know if you do) then there's more to it. For example: intake of processed meats is linked with increased risk for certain cancers and a high intake of acrylamide (present in fries) is also linked with cancer. So you might want to take it easy with those foods.
    I was talking about body composition of course. And assuming a non-crazy diet like sugar only or animal fat only, which noone does anyway.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IIFYM claims to take micronutrients into account but in reality looking through some logs of IIFYM advocates these are not nutritionally complete diets.

In theory yes if you are getting complete nutrition then you can fill discretionary calories with whatever you want so long as it isn't full of anti-nutrients. What most people miss are the fat soluble vitamins + their dietary fat is
    too low for optimal metabolism of those micronutrients (vit A for example needs dietary fat). Then they make the mistake of eating loads of fibre. Doesn't matter how big your calorie surplus is, your body still needs micronutrients to build muscle and if you bulk without complete nutrition you are far more likely to just get fat.

thanks guys
    i think i get my micros in; i typicallly have 2 cups of spinach and 6 oz of chicken breast every day regardless of diet and tend to supplement with casein (whey makes me break out).

I appreciate it!

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FormerChunkyKid View Post
    thanks guys
    i think i get my micros in; i typicallly have 2 cups of spinach and 6 oz of chicken breast every day regardless of diet and tend to supplement with casein (whey makes me break out).

I appreciate it!

You can enter your food into cronometer.com and see if you are lacking/getting sufficient micros
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    You can enter your food into cronometer.com and see if you are lacking/getting sufficient micros
    yooo thanks so much; I've never heard of this before! Will be using!