shctexan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Barbell Curl

I have worked out before, but now I am getting serious. I was wondering what is the best way to do the barbell curl. In the gym, there the regular barbell that you just add weights, but then there are the other barbells that have weights already attached to them. Does it matter? It seems that they are not the same. I know this seems like an obvious question, but I thought I would put it out there.
    Don't look back.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shctexan View Post
    I have worked out before, but now I am getting serious. I was wondering what is the best way to do the barbell curl. In the gym, there the regular barbell that you just add weights, but then there are the other barbells that have weights already attached to them. Does it matter? It seems that they are not the same. I know this seems like an obvious question, but I thought I would put it out there.
    The pre-set ez bar and straight bar sets are there for convenience and are commonly used for movements such as curling. Use of the conventional barbell is not recommended for curls, unless you're the only one in the gym and no one wants to use it for other exercises.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) David Puddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Friend,
    Prepare yourself for more than a few pleasant surprises. Now you can discover the critical facts and key issues...... The main difference between the ones that already have weights attached and ones that don't is as follows: With the ones that don't have weights attached you have to add the weights manually. I hope my answer meets your satisfaction, peace and remember to stay on the road 'cos its going somewhere nice.

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gironda Curls....
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
    Friend,
    Prepare yourself for more than a few pleasant surprises. Now you can discover the critical facts and key issues...... The main difference between the ones that already have weights attached and ones that don't is as follows: With the ones that don't have weights attached you have to add the weights manually. I hope my answer meets your satisfaction, peace and remember to stay on the road 'cos its going somewhere nice.
    lol why did he get banned, I liked his posts

oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldmanmarley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by d_k View Post
    lol why did he get banned, I liked his posts
    Yeah I kind of liked him, but he sounded more like Jay Peterman than Puddy.

Anyway, there isn't much of a difference (if any) between the two different kinds of barbell in terms of how they'd affect your biceps. The only things I can see are that the pre-set barbell is a little thinner, and its weights don't spin because they're affixed to it (this makes them good for behind-the-back wrist curls). So probably just use whatever you like.

writes scary stories I_love_crows's Avatar
    I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shctexan View Post
    Preloaded bars are ready-to-go. It really does not make a difference whether you manually load a bar yourself, or grab one of these...

Type of bar DOES matter however. With bar curling specifically, many people here agree that the EZ bar provides more comfort for their wrists during the curling motion as opposed to a straight bar.
    OUTLAW split:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1830521

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MikeyTheCrow

shctexan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Barbell Curl

Originally Posted by I_love_crows View Post
    Preloaded bars are ready-to-go. It really does not make a difference whether you manually load a bar yourself, or grab one of these...

Type of bar DOES matter however. With bar curling specifically, many people here agree that the EZ bar provides more comfort for their wrists during the curling motion as opposed to a straight bar.
    The reason why I asked the question was because I cannot seem to lift as much with the preloaded bars. I can do 70 lbs 8 reps 3 sets, but I can do like maybe 3 reps and 20 lbs with a loaded bar.

I thought it was really odd when I switched over to the loaded bars to try something new. I keep my back straight and shoulders back so I do not know what the problem is. I do have weak ankles and wrists perhaps that is the reason.
    Don't look back.

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is the loaded bar longer??
    Self improvement is masturbation.

Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Julien27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The preloaded ones already include the weight of the bar. And when you load them, you forgot to consider the weight of the bar when counting...