WashichaW is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need tips: Supplements for Building Muscle

Hi,

I'm just new here and I'm looking for some good recommendations for my planned supplements to take during my goal in being muscular after 9 months or before the year ends. See below for my body data and weight goal.

Body Type: Ectomorph
    Height: 5' 7" or 170.18cm
    Fat percentage: 15-20%
    Current weight: 55kg or 121.254lbs

My ultimate goal is to reach 75kg or 165.347lbs with 5-10% body fat percentage. I know it's impossible to achieve that weight for just 9 months or before the year ends but at most as close as possible to that. I already tried working out 4x a week for 6 months before without supplementation but only 1kg from 55kg to 56kg gained. I was following Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size program that time but at the most part, only the exercise routines. I know I was lacking in the nutrition like the food I ate and with no single supplementation. See I'm living in a third world country and I was just a student that time with a very strict budget that supplementation is impossible for me to buy given how expensive they are.

Then after 2 months on February 2018 when I finally have some savings, I tried these three:

ON Gold Standard 100% Whey
    ON Micronized Creatine
    Mutant Amino

This is how I take them:

2 scoops whey per bottle mix with 1 tbsp. creatine and 2 capsule amino

I start mixing 2 scoops of whey with 1 tbsp. of creatine in approximately 1L of water. I drink half of it at night before I sleep and the other half in the morning when I wake up. On my workout, I prepare another mix of the same content and drink the first half together with 1 capsule amino and the last half after, with another capsule of amino. I don't take supplements on my rest days. In this case within 1 week, there's 3 days I don't take any supplement because I train 4x a week back then. Surprisingly, I notice a very significant result. I gained 3kg and a half (55kg to 58 1/2kg) in just 1 month of training and taking supplements. I was very amazed with the result. By the way, I was taking my workouts seriously and pushing myself everyday the same when I was working out for 6 months before. But unfortunately, I can't support my fitness lifestyle back then and in the end left me stopping taking supplements after that. Also, the gym I was working out has closed down and I can't find any other cheap gym nearby that I was force to stop also. I was still working out after that 1 month of supplementation for 2 months before the gym closed down.

After some months and I finally got a job. I want to start over again and this time there's no stopping me from achieving my goal. I just don't wanna do this just to get the body I desire and then quit after that. I wanna do this to get the body I desire and maintain it til' the day I die. I wanna live a fit and healthy life. So I hope someone from you guys could help me achieve my dream. I don't know any other expert help I can get other than here and I hope you'll be kind to me and very helpful too.

I was thinking while I'm still skinny today that I start of with these 3 supplements. Sorry for regulating only for 3 supplements at max, this is because I'm still on a tight budget and this is all I can afford for now.

For a starter, I want to gain weight as quickly as possible by taking much calories and carbs. Here are 3 of them:

Muscletech MassTech Extreme 2000
    ON Micronized Creatine
    Mutant Amino

I was planning to get the 22lbs MassTech Extreme so it will last for 2-3 months and then go on in building lean muscle by replacing it after with ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. The same mixture as before but rest days will be included. I will also add on some eggs about 6 eggs a day.

If you have a better/cheaper recommendation which has the same effectivity then please leave a response. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Supplements don’t build muscle. They help with nutritional gaps or may aid in performance. Building muscle comes with a consistent workout program and a consistent diet surplus. If you don’t eat enough, you don’t grow period. Start there.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glad life is getting better for you
    But moving forward,
    I'd keep using creatine as a staple.
    I'd avoid buying any aminos as taking sufficient protein (has a collage of aminos) is enough.
    As for Mass-tech, thank you for the support!!
    Use it for convenience, but your main priority is consistency on Nutrition & Workout program. Above poster nailed it!
    Although Mass-tech is budget friendly (w/ deals & discounts),You can alternate it with whey protein if you find that you have time to make your own homemade gainer.

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The above posters have given solid advice regarding supplementation. If your weight does not increase as you had hoped, the issue will always be related to your diet. No amount of supplements will compensate for a lack of proper nutrition. Additionally, I would suggest that Stoppani not be a go-to resource for workout advice. His programs are more complicated than they need to be, despite marketing them to beginners. As a rule of thumb, anything that claims to be a "shortcut" or "fast track" to your goal is most likely sub-par. The truth is, improving your physique and/or performance takes consistency with regards to the amount of food you eat to meet your caloric needs, the amount of effort you put into your workouts and, the piece where most people falter, the amount of patience you have to arrive at that goal. These three elements will make or break your progress towards your goals.

There are many basic, total body routines or other variations (uppper/lower, push/pull) that hit each muscle group at least twice a week that are much easier to follow and minimize overlap in muscle stimulation to allow for adequate recovery.
    Staples:
    The Father
    The Son
    The Holy Spirit

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    Supplements don’t build muscle. They help with nutritional gaps or may aid in performance. Building muscle comes with a consistent workout program and a consistent diet surplus. If you don’t eat enough, you don’t grow period. Start there.
    This

And this: https://mauiathletics.com/supplement...d-performance/
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calorie surplus as many have mentioned above.
    As kowean said thats for that support with the masstech, and luckily this will also help you supplement the creatine you need.

Have you ever looked into HMB-FA?
    Something to research, might help.
    Kick.com/beetoxic
    Give me a Follow for some REP

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    Yeah I know that. I know what to eat. All I want to know now is the supplementation. That's all.

@OT2000, Thank you for pointing that out. Yeah I know nutrition and workout is the key. Supplements are just secondary. I already know this. I know I lack in nutrition when I was working out for that 6 months and I corrected that when the time I was taking supplements. It gave me results I never thought I could achieved.

@All, I've done so many research on how to properly build muscle. I have evolved from Stopanni's workout routines and nutrition to Jeff Cavaliers fitness philosophy. I always do my best and pushing myself when I workout so I'm good in that part. I also have plans for my nutrition already. I already know what to eat, the quantity and frequency of the food to take etc. Now, all I want to do is find the best supplements that I can afford to complete my fitness regimen. I know whey protein and creatine are the best supplements I could take but if you have additional supplements in mind feel free to reply to this thread.

There's a lot of supplements out there that offers different effectivity and result. I just want to limit my expenses to at least 3 supplements that I can take for the rest of my fitness plan. So far from your responses I get consistent recommendations of whey protein and creatine, so I guess I have to stick with these two. Do you have any suggestions on the third one or these two are good enough?

Once again, thank you guys for response. I appreciate it a lot.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There isn't a third which has any real evidence of improving muscle gain.

Look at examine.com for science oriented view on available supplement evidence.

Fish oil and vitamin D would be good for general health in most people (who don't already eat lots of oily fish and get regular sunlight exposure)
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 01-04-2019 at 04:25 AM.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do not buy HMB or BCAAs
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WashichaW View Post
    @OT2000, Thank you for pointing that out. Yeah I know nutrition and workout is the key. Supplements are just secondary. I already know this. I know I lack in nutrition when I was working out for that 6 months and I corrected that when the time I was taking supplements. It gave me results I never thought I could achieved.

@All, I've done so many research on how to properly build muscle. I have evolved from Stopanni's workout routines and nutrition to Jeff Cavaliers fitness philosophy. I always do my best and pushing myself when I workout so I'm good in that part. I also have plans for my nutrition already. I already know what to eat, the quantity and frequency of the food to take etc. Now, all I want to do is find the best supplements that I can afford to complete my fitness regimen. I know whey protein and creatine are the best supplements I could take but if you have additional supplements in mind feel free to reply to this thread.

There's a lot of supplements out there that offers different effectivity and result. I just want to limit my expenses to at least 3 supplements that I can take for the rest of my fitness plan. So far from your responses I get consistent recommendations of whey protein and creatine, so I guess I have to stick with these two. Do you have any suggestions on the third one or these two are good enough?

Once again, thank you guys for response. I appreciate it a lot.
    You need to take a step back as it will help you in the long run. Supplements really come down to what is missing from your diet; therefore, your diet is #1.

That doesn't entail just eating chicken/rice/etc. Diet is meaning the amount of calories/macros you are consuming overall to help you achieve your goals (i.e. caloric surplus to gain weight/mass, caloric deficit to lose weight). The nutrition section stickies can be very informative, but if you are not doing so already, I would highly recommend DL'ing an app like MyFitnessPal and tracking calories/macros moving forward. You will achieve your goals MUCH faster.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12
    Originally Posted by WashichaW View Post
    Hi,

I'm just new here and I'm looking for some good recommendations for my planned supplements to take during my goal in being muscular after 9 months or before the year ends. See below for my body data and weight goal.

Body Type: Ectomorph
    Height: 5' 7" or 170.18cm
    Fat percentage: 15-20%
    Current weight: 55kg or 121.254lbs

My ultimate goal is to reach 75kg or 165.347lbs with 5-10% body fat percentage. I know it's impossible to achieve that weight for just 9 months or before the year ends but at most as close as possible to that. I already tried working out 4x a week for 6 months before without supplementation but only 1kg from 55kg to 56kg gained. I was following Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size program that time but at the most part, only the exercise routines. I know I was lacking in the nutrition like the food I ate and with no single supplementation. See I'm living in a third world country and I was just a student that time with a very strict budget that supplementation is impossible for me to buy given how expensive they are.

Then after 2 months on February 2018 when I finally have some savings, I tried these three:

ON Gold Standard 100% Whey
    ON Micronized Creatine
    Mutant Amino

This is how I take them:

2 scoops whey per bottle mix with 1 tbsp. creatine and 2 capsule amino

I start mixing 2 scoops of whey with 1 tbsp. of creatine in approximately 1L of water. I drink half of it at night before I sleep and the other half in the morning when I wake up. On my workout, I prepare another mix of the same content and drink the first half together with 1 capsule amino and the last half after, with another capsule of amino. I don't take supplements on my rest days. In this case within 1 week, there's 3 days I don't take any supplement because I train 4x a week back then. Surprisingly, I notice a very significant result. I gained 3kg and a half (55kg to 58 1/2kg) in just 1 month of training and taking supplements. I was very amazed with the result. By the way, I was taking my workouts seriously and pushing myself everyday the same when I was working out for 6 months before. But unfortunately, I can't support my fitness lifestyle back then and in the end left me stopping taking supplements after that. Also, the gym I was working out has closed down and I can't find any other cheap gym nearby that I was force to stop also. I was still working out after that 1 month of supplementation for 2 months before the gym closed down.

After some months and I finally got a job. I want to start over again and this time there's no stopping me from achieving my goal. I just don't wanna do this just to get the body I desire and then quit after that. I wanna do this to get the body I desire and maintain it til' the day I die. I wanna live a fit and healthy life. So I hope someone from you guys could help me achieve my dream. I don't know any other expert help I can get other than here and I hope you'll be kind to me and very helpful too.

I was thinking while I'm still skinny today that I start of with these 3 supplements. Sorry for regulating only for 3 supplements at max, this is because I'm still on a tight budget and this is all I can afford for now.

For a starter, I want to gain weight as quickly as possible by taking much calories and carbs. Here are 3 of them:

Muscletech MassTech Extreme 2000
    ON Micronized Creatine
    Mutant Amino

I was planning to get the 22lbs MassTech Extreme so it will last for 2-3 months and then go on in building lean muscle by replacing it after with ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. The same mixture as before but rest days will be included. I will also add on some eggs about 6 eggs a day.

If you have a better/cheaper recommendation which has the same effectivity then please leave a response. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you
    I would focus mainly on your diet. However, supplements, especially creatine, will help you speed up the pace

I see now that I don't have to buy a lot of supplements and just focus more on my diet and workout. This is really a big help for me to start my journey again.

Thank you very much, guys for you response. I really appreciate your help.