Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Adelmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adelmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Farts !!!

Just one question brothers............How long will I be farting using protein? I use Pro Blend 55 (cacuse it's the best tasting protein I've tasted. Im new to bodybuilding so my system is getting used to this , This is what I tell my wife, but it's been 3 months now and she doesn't want top hear it. Im in trouble, please HELP !!!How lond must I sleep in the living room?
    Prayer Warrior

andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its probably either low quality protien, or you are just not digesting it properly

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LMAO! oh man!!

Ok I fart alot too when I have a large amount of protein intake.

Firstly how many g's of protein to you take in at any one sitting? Your body really can't use more then 30-40g's of protein in any one sitting.

Say you weigh 180 pounds. You need 180 g's per day. If you take in 6 meals that's 30g's per sitting. Fair enough?

If you take in more then your body can use (for example 60 somethin grams which some people do) your gonna have massive amounts of forceful bowel movements and intestinal flactuants.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Adelmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adelmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What else is there? I mean Designer Whey tastes awful.....
    Prayer Warrior

Sanosuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sanosuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get some digestive enzymes.. and some papaya enzymes.. also ginger extract helps me too.. i like Pancreatin, Papaya enzymes, and Bromelain by Now Foods.. i take all at different times with any high protein meal.. works great for gas
    Beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems - Homer Simpson

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why'd he make them so tasty? - Homer Simpson

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude, there are so many companies out there that make protein powder its not even funny. I can think of atleast 5 off the top of my head.

Designer Whey isn't that bad. I've tried all there flavors except chocolate. Tastes good if you ask me.

Why don't you try out ON 100%? I'm sure I'll have alot of back on this but it tastes really good if you ask me. I heard strawberry is awful. But I've had vanilla ice cream (good) and I'm currently using double rich chocalte (VERY GOOD).
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i love the taste of SciFit econo whey

It's not like I intake that much either. I mix it in with my soy milk and creal in the morning. And at night withwater and nfrozen yogurt. Ive been told that if you leave a shaker with protein and water out overnight the stink is something awful..
    Prayer Warrior

SciFit Econo Whey huh? I gotta check that one out
    Prayer Warrior

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol
    i got the same problem
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Sensei Creese:Cobra KAi founder
    Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...

CJM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CJM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take in close to 400 grams of protein a day, I do not have this problem. Maybe try some B6, that use to help me greatly when I high carbed(cutting+ rapid increase in carbs=bad gas).

Maybe it is caused due to incomplete protein???
    Last edited by CJM; 10-10-2003 at 10:34 PM.

NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lactose causes protein farts. Low quality Whey protein concentrate has a lot of lactose (milk sugars) in it. More people are lactose intolerant than probably realize it. You're drinking a large quantity at once, so your body has some trouble digesting it.

Solution: Go with products that are low lactose or lactose free, Any real Whey Protein Isolate or Hydrolyzed will be lactose free.

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol same thing happened with me, but now my body got use to it..

i remember i went to the supermarket the first day that i increased my protein intake (to know how much i was gettin per day), an i let one go ...ooooooo mannnnnnnnn , it floated in the same spot for like an hour. even the guys that worked there were like "god o mighty" (heard it cause i was in next aisle).

Now it doesn't happen , i use 100% opt whey, an VP2. i think they're both good tasting

Dedicated1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is undigested whatever and is throwing off gas. I take a Intestinal Flora (digestive emzyne) 3x a day. It totally worked for me. Or U could try a hydrolyzed whey. It is much easier for your body to break down. Regardless, the gas is undigested protein in your small intestines.

Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use a gram of ginger root with all my protien based meals, its really helps.

myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) myofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude do yourself a favor and switch to the new Optimum 100% whey cause it has the enzymes needed to stop your dreaded farting problem.Lactase.Please have pity on your wife.Drop the crappy HDT whey.

LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LHDan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personally I think it's carbs, not protein. I've been having awful gas problems lately and I'm bulking right now. When I was cutting and doing a ckd, I don't ever remember farting. Now since I've added carbs back, for like the past 2 months, my gas is terrible. I think it's the 2 cups of oatmeal a day. I just bought some beano today, hopefully that will work. A friend fo mine has a supplement store and he gave me some stuff from NOW called acidophilus and bifidus, they are good bacteria that your body needs bit something didn't feel right inside while I was taking it. I'm going to try it for a little while more. Dorian Yates proteins use these bactcteria to aid in protein digestion. My buddy siad it might take your body a little to get used to them so I'll see how it works.
    Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005, R.I.P.)

Milk is for babies, when you grow up you've got to be a man and drink beer. - Arnold

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight. - Ronnie Coleman

The iron is always there for you. Friends may come and go, fads may come and go, almost everything comes and goes. But 200 lbs is 200 lbs. Henry Rollins

Dedicated1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It doesnt matter if your body has a problem digesting protein or carbs. The gas in undigested food.

What I've gathered from the replys Ill start eatring more yogurt in order to get some good bacteria in me..........You guys rock !
    Prayer Warrior

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ?

Highlander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The healthier my diet, the worse my farts are. I think it's probably a combination of high protein and carbs. Especially if your eating lots of vegetables and complex carbs like oatmeal.

Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Adelmo
    What I've gathered from the replys Ill start eatring more yogurt in order to get some good bacteria in me..........You guys rock !
    yogurt is good stuff for those little intestinal bacteria. Bananas help too because they have lots of fructoligosacchrides which are good bacteria fuel

psy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Highlander
    The healthier my diet, the worse my farts are. I think it's probably a combination of high protein and carbs. Especially if your eating lots of vegetables and complex carbs like oatmeal.
    LMAO

Stay away from the Prune Nectar

You guys are so funny
    " Of all the things Ive Lost, I miss my Mind the most " - Ozzy Osbourne

BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have protein farts, but my wife left me about a month ago.......So no problems here ......Im a FREE man
    Regards,
    BigSwole190

194lbs 5'10 and 7-9%bf, Step aside... :D

BigSwole: "Who needs to go to college to learn about nutrition, I get all the knowledge i need in the teen forum"

FatBoyJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I happen to get them a lot too on my Diet "Cheat Day". Sometimes they're so bad I end up with the house to myself. The worst happened just last week, a friend of mine at the gym I work out with gave me a 1/2 tub of Protein he wasn't using...I should have known when the label was so faded I couldn't read it. I was in for trouble.

Originally posted by BigSwole190
    I have protein farts, but my wife left me about a month ago.......So no problems here ......Im a FREE man

I hope thats a joke?

nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't had protein farts for quite awhile. I think the huge amount of yogurt I eat really helps. I kind of miss the warm feeling in your butt when you let one go

BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Kraftydog

I hope thats a joke?

No its not, The Marines Teach you to "Improvise Adapt and Overcome" ........Dont sweat the small stuff. Move on......
    Regards,
    BigSwole190

BigSwole: "Who needs to go to college to learn about nutrition, I get all the knowledge i need in the teen forum"

stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BigSwole190
    Is that all it takes to get the wife to leave, oh boy Im about to fart like never before....hello farts goodbye wifey. LOL

P.S. Honey if your reading this I was just playing..he.he
    I dont remember asking you a gotdamn thang!!!!

Originally posted by stever
    Is that all it takes to get the wife to leave, oh boy Im about to fart like never before....hello farts goodbye wifey. LOL

P.S. Honey if your reading this I was just playing..he.he
    No, my Wife left because she couldnt hack it being a Marine Wife. My first 4 years in the Marines i spent it in the Infantry, I told her i wouldnt never be home. I had two 6 Month deployments in my 4 year term where she couldnt go. She stayed with me, then when i wasnt deployed i was in the field i was about 90% of the time away during Infantry. Then i went MP and have been for the last 2 years, because your home more in the MP's, I did it for her. But i hate it! When i told her i was gonna tryout for Marine Force Recon, in Feb she went ape ****, cause in Recon your less home than in Infantry. And things, kinda, of slowly went away from there. And then when i returned back from IRAQ, about month later. She left..........

Its ok, i'll be overseas alot if i make Recon and i'll get some chi-chi for $2 Dollah
    Last edited by BigSwole190; 10-14-2003 at 08:40 AM.
    Regards,
    BigSwole190