lexsea9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool 7+ months in, WEIGHT GAIN

Hi everyone! So I'm new to this forum.
    I started working out consistently (min. 3 days/week) about 7 months ago. I work out in the community gym, so all of my weight training is done with either dumbbells, treadmill, or doing the leg extension machine. I probably weighed around 127lbs before working out (I'm 5'6''). My workouts have varied, but right now I'm consistently:

-Doing goblet squats with a 35lb dumbbell (4 sets of 10, great form)...I was doing more weight, but I've cut back a bit because I feel like my butt is getting big lol
    -leg extensions (4 sets of 8-10) 140lbs
    -bench pressing dumbbells (50 lbs total), only doing 5 reps for 4 sets, but I just went from 40 to 50 pounds so it's going to take a couple of weeks to get my reps with good form.
    -cardio on the treadmill, 15% incline...for at least 30 mins every time I work out (3x/week)

I've put on some weight, but my waist is about 26.5-27'' I currently fluctuate from 133-137 pounds.
    I'm not eating more than I did before, and what I eat now is a lot better quality.

I guess I'm concerned because I've always been more petite, and haven't weighed in the 130 range before. Should I just ignore the scale? I in NO WAY think I'm fat, I just don't want the weight to keep increasing. My goal was never to lose weight, only to start living a healthier lifestyle and get strong. I've also lost a lot of cellulite I was starting to develop under my butt. I'm 27 years old.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    " I in NO WAY think I'm fat"

Ignore scale numbers then.

Go by feel and mirror, chuck your scale. be happier
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Our appetites increase when we start training/cardio and most people end up eating more. If your weight continues to climb it's because you're eating in surplus. If it becomes a concern get a food scale and start tracking your intake properly. This is the only sure way to know how much one is truly eating.

Good luck and keep at it!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn’t worry about the number on the scale since it can be a misleading representation of what is going on with the body. If you’re building muscle and establishing a nice physique for yourself, you’re going to gain weight. Many women who lift find they are happier with their bodies at a heavier weight than they ever expected. If you like what you see that’s all that matters. After all, is the goal a certain number on the scale or to look better?

lexsea9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the responses! I think in the beginning I was eating more without realizing it (started heavy with cardio). So it's probably a combination of some muscle growth and fat gain. I think I'm going to focus on more resistance training, and only have a serious cardio day 1x a week.