Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gluon View Post
    fine ill let it rest, my definition was only a part of the total definition.

what do you think the p value is for a psychologist psychoanalyzing a specific patient being correct, given the infinite nuances of the human mind. id say given infinite possibilities and finite reasons shouldn't p=1
    You'll never get significance in a single person. Statistics relies on variability.

Within subject effect sizes (Cohen's d) can range between 1 to 3, and between subject effect sizes between 0.5 to 2, all depending on disorder and treatment. This coming from well designed, well powered RCTs.

To say there's no science behind it is just a reflection of your lack of knowledge of the field. Which is fine bust just admit the limits of your understanding rather than pretending you know what you're talking about.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gluon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    You'll never get significance in a single person. Statistics relies on variability.

Within subject effect sizes (Cohen's d) can range between 1 to 3, and between subject effect sizes between 0.5 to 2, all depending on disorder and treatment. This coming from well designed, well powered RCTs.

To say there's no science behind it is just a reflection of your lack of knowledge of the field. Which is fine bust just admit the limits of your understanding rather than pretending you know what you're talking about.
    Sure, I dont know much, but before forgetting, i learned enough distrust psychologists. They choose to believe whatever theories they like, and sure some rooted in statistics, but they still subscribe to their preferred theories based on preference, similar to pseudoscience.

there is prob a very large difference between research psychologists and those in practice, its simpler to deal with large sample sizes than to deal with the individual. I mean what is the DSM or whatever its called if not a oversimplification of the human mind.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wincel View Post
    Asking for a friend.

Felt like a beta chit in there talking about my feels and chit. Really fuking gay. They didn't have therapy for the millions of men who fought in WW2. Maybe I am less of a man. Too many feels and not enough strength. They really treat you like a vulnerable child there. What do you bros think?
    no i could think of a lot of reasons you may need one.

i would hope though, that they point you in the right direction

i am not sure how therapy works for some really serious mental illness (schizo and bipolar) but id wager for depression and anxiety most of it is making the person comfortable, not making them feel weird for whatever experiences they had, and teaching them how to get over it or overcome it; to reintegrate into society in a way

i think you could need one if you're not around people that talk about certain stuff; maybe the psychologist has experience in a field that could quell your troubles

at the same time, i do believe a tough mindset can help and that enabling certain behavior is bad

there are also prob some chitty psychologists out there

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gluon
    Mynameisuntz

Get a fukking room
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***2022 Aesthetics Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***
    ***I have chosen violence***

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    no i could think of a lot of reasons you may need one.

i would hope though, that they point you in the right direction

i am not sure how therapy works for some really serious mental illness (schizo and bipolar) but id wager for depression and anxiety most of it is making the person comfortable, not making them feel weird for whatever experiences they had, and teaching them how to get over it or overcome it; to reintegrate into society in a way

i think you could need one if you're not around people that talk about certain stuff; maybe the psychologist has experience in a field that could quell your troubles

at the same time, i do believe a tough mindset can help and that enabling certain behavior is bad

there are also prob some chitty psychologists out there
    I am learning a ton from therapy about how to cope with negative thoughts. Also, met a lot of like minded people struggling with similar issues. It felt good to connect with others. I am learning strategies to deal with negativity and thought distortion.

DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I definitely feel like one. My main reason for seeing a psychologist is necessity, though; that's the main thing keeping me from committing suicide or seriously hurting someone else. I'll probably end up doing the former at some point in my life, but I'd rather avoid the latter en route.
    Last edited by DahStoryTella; 12-12-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wincel View Post
    Bro it really does feel gay being there. It's very emasculating. Men don't cry or talk about their feels. Men are supposed to be strong. I think deep down I am a coward, and it is that cowardice that has held me back from finding that inner strength. If I had been this way during WW2, they'd have just shot me for cowardice. Sad, but true. How can anyone think of being seen as an attractive man, fit to be a father, if he cannot even take care of himself and find his own strength?
    What's worse, going to therapy or whining anonymously to a bunch strangers on the misc about how you're such a worthless piece of chit you can't interact with people, can't get laid, think females deserve acid on their faces?

Funny that you say going to therapy makes you feel like a bitch, because it seems to me you're too much of a bitch to go to therapy
    fukn Brozart
    I'm a hugger

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gluon View Post
    psychology is a pseudoscience, not saying all psychologists are bad, but the more psychology non(theories) they rely on the worse they are.

if i were a psychologist treating some dude going on like a wet hen, i'd slap em, tell em to snap out of it and get back on the horse you glorious winged *******, we're all gonna make it.
    Psychology isn't "hard science" like finding out at what tempt water boils at.

Humans DO NOT conform to the scientific method as they are dynamic phenomenon. Something subjected to the scientific method must be observable and repeatable. Human thoughts drive all human behavior, and you can't observe them, nor will they ever be exactly the same.

Humans are like observing a stream of water, you THINK you're looking at the stream as a unit, but really you're looking all all different things of water, all kinds of particles in the water, etc and so you can never look at the same stream twice. Streams are dynamic and so are humans.

With that being said, humans tend to repeat similar behaviors over and over with similar thoughts behind those behaviors.

So, psychology is WAY harder a subject than any known science and takes a much smarter person to understand it. You have to be genius level and sort of "outside" of humanity to understand humans.

I'm not talking about the average IQ people who study it in school, I'm talking about the real innovators and theorists in the field.
    If you want to ask me a question:

Ask: TheAdlerian

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150655983&p=1000366043#post1000366043

Read my science fiction novel:

http://www.amazon.com/Echelon-Adlerian-ebook/dp/B00RCFFTKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419640250&sr=8-1&keywords=Echelon+the+adlerian

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post

You're the dumbest ever.

Case studies are super valuable.
    If you want to ask me a question:

Ask: TheAdlerian

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150655983&p=1000366043#post1000366043

Read my science fiction novel:

http://www.amazon.com/Echelon-Adlerian-ebook/dp/B00RCFFTKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419640250&sr=8-1&keywords=Echelon+the+adlerian