Novak435 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Knee Sleeves for Squats 3 days/week

Hello. I like to squat 3 days per week and would like to invest in knee sleeves to help w recovery a little.
    Never used them but can you use knee sleeves for every squat session or just very heavy or days.
    Normall 5x5/5x3 back Squat 2 days and front squat 5x5 1 day and will they help with recovery

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Novak435 View Post
    Hello. I like to squat 3 days per week and would like to invest in knee sleeves to help w recovery a little.
    Never used them but can you use knee sleeves for every squat session or just very heavy or days.
    Normall 5x5/5x3 back Squat 2 days and front squat 5x5 1 day and will they help with recovery

It is fine to use them.

What do you mean by help recovery?

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    knee sleeves don't do a whole lot, i guess aside from keeping the knees warm, have blood flowing to it. That's pretty much it. MAYBE nagging injury prevention.

edit: perhaps don't do a whole lot might b the wrong wording, but it isn't even a bandaid fix for anything in regards to injury, recovery, etc.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    knee sleeves don't do a whole lot, i guess aside from keeping the knees warm, have blood flowing to it. That's pretty much it. MAYBE nagging injury prevention.

edit: perhaps don't do a whole lot might b the wrong wording, but it isn't even a bandaid fix for anything in regards to injury, recovery, etc.
    I wouldn't say they do any of that.

Tight (proper tight, pulled on with bin bags) will add some kg.
    to size comfort fit will help a bit with proprioception and maybe feel a bit more comfortable. That's about it.

Will not aid recovery, tight sleeves will do the opposite
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I wouldn't say they do any of that.

Tight (proper tight, pulled on with bin bags) will add some kg.
    to size comfort fit will help a bit with proprioception and maybe feel a bit more comfortable. That's about it.

Will not aid recovery, tight sleeves will do the opposite
    i don't think knee sleeves add weight aside maybe from placebo, stability and proprioception, not directly unless you have them bone shattering tight or something like that. but if that was the objective one would probably use knee wraps. i feel they do aid in keeping my knees warm and as a mild prevention of swelling/tendonitis, mainly due to an increased blood flow to that area. i'll use knee/elbow sleeves from time to time but like I said far from necessary and benefits are marginal at best depending on your purpose.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed,knee sleeves will not help recovery.
    What they will do is provide moist heat from body sweat and keep it there while you have them on.
    Sometime peoples knees feel better with a continuous warmth while training.
    They depending on how tight and thickness might give some slight support around the knees.
    Yes you can train with knee sleeves any time you want there is no rule against it.
    I would hope you have a good reason to be squatting three days a week.
    Recovery would be a factor depending on protocol and intensity.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Knees sleeves help give support and keep the joints warm. I always use them, they dont add anything to your squat.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Knees sleeves help give support and keep the joints warm. I always use them, they dont add anything to your squat.
    Agreed. I use knee sleeves on all workout days. I will just add that they don't add anything if sized properly. However, there are many powerlifters who buy them a size or two smaller and get a solid 10-20kg (25-45lbs) out of their squat with them.

I saw someone ask "why not just use wraps?" It's because the feds they lift in have different rules and categories for wraps and sleeves.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133