leanbd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have a lot of fat, what happens when I lose it?

Hi,

I will share my whole story with you guys, so I'm a male 23 years old and 175cm in height and I have been fat for many years now. I started getting fat since I was 12 years old and since then I had first reached a weight of 98kg, it took me years to get to that amount of weight. So one day I decided I was going to lose weight, and I wasn't very educated about calories by then so I ended up doing it all wrong. The way I had lost weight is by doing a crash diet, I ate breakfast and lunch and after lunch there really wasn't much I would have eaten maybe an apple or some other fruits and that was it for the day.

By doing this crash diet I managed to get at 70kg within a year, that means I had lost 28kg which for me was a big achievement and I was happy but not really satisfied because even though I was weighting 70kg I still had fat and I felt like I had to find a way to remove that fat. Anyway before I was going to do anything about my fat I decided I was going to take a BREAK! I deserved it, so I made myself some pleasure and allowed my self to eat a lot of things. That was a big mistake.

The time I started to eat junk food again, it was impossible for me to stop it. One year had passed, and I was still eating junk food from where'd started. This time I gained 43kg, now I weighted 113kg. The funny thing is, the time I started eating junk food again, in my mind I told myself everyday "this is the last day i'm eating junk food, tomorrow I got to stop and get back on track on losing the fat I have", but one year had passed and I found myself worse than before. Yep, 113kg.

I then one day went to the doctor for a blood analysis, just a check which I do almost every year. When I got my results, the doctor told me there was something wrong with my liver. She told me I had to see a heptalogist. So I went there and they did me further analysis to see what the problem was, and I had a fatty liver disease. This scared me, so since that day I decided I was going to lose weight, so I did. It took me 8 months to lose 20kg, only with diet. But this time I ate well, I made sure I was in calorie deficit. Today I weight 90 kg, and I still have a lot of fat on me.

I have bought an electronic weight scale that measures body fat percentage and I am at 30% currently. My goal would be to get to at least 12 - 15% body fat. My question is, will I have loose skin when I reach that percentage? This is something that scares me, I wouldn't like to have loose skin when I reach there. I would like to look lean and have my abs come out.

Also I have lots of stretch marks, what are some treatments you would recommend for the removal?

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post, and also many thanks to the people that provide an answer to my question

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leanbd View Post

I have bought an electronic weight scale that measures body fat percentage and I am at 30% currently. My goal would be to get to at least 12 - 15% body fat. My question is, will I have loose skin when I reach that percentage? This is something that scares me, I wouldn't like to have loose skin when I reach there. I would like to look lean and have my abs come out.

Also I have lots of stretch marks, what are some treatments you would recommend for the removal?

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post, and also many thanks to the people that provide an answer to my question
    Well, it sounds as if you were on the way, then gained it back, but now you're on the right track once again. Congrats on the weight you've lost. It's not an easy thing to do, and takes a lot of determination and will-power, as I'm sure you've learned.

Sounds like your question is regarding lose skin and stretch marks. Everyone is different, so nobody can answer that for you. You're young, so you have that in your favor.

Even if it doesn't tighten-up as much as you'd like, i hope you know your life is more important than a bit of skin.

Stick with it, and be patient. You didn't put on weight overnight, and you won't get rid of it overnight. Find an exercise plan, and start on it, as well as learning how to keep track of your nutritional needs.

Good luck, you'll get there!
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will probably have a bit of loose skin but it won't be the big folds of it that you are probably picturing in your mind. Once you finish losing weight, it will take a couple of years for your skin to shrink up as much as it's going to shrink. If you've been lifting (both while losing and once you hit your goal) you will find that you can fill out the skin with muscle and the loose skin won't be that noticeable. I think it's probably harder for younger people not to worry about this but I really wouldn't spend a lot of time worry about it or about stretch marks. Focus on losing the weight and building healthy long term habits. Even with a bit of loose skin that will be much better for you (and feel better) than will being obese. Best of luck to you.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stretch marks are scars, that means permanent. If you have loose skin, you have loose skin, there is nothing you can do about it aside from surgery. Get saving money if you will have it.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?