laurguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight training AND running?

I need some help determining the best course of action here.

I'm 31, 5"1, 126lbs, and 26% body fat according to one of those handheld devices (so not sure how accurate). My goal is to reduce my body fat to 18-20%.

For the past year I've been doing strength training with a personal trainer 3x/week but I'm also an avid runner. I definitely saw some change to my body composition (more muscle) over the past year, but I feel like I have stalled out. I'm in week one of training for a half marathon right now, so question one is, let's say I don't want to give up that goal and want to continue running 5 times a week. What the heck should my macros look like to support both goals?

Question two is, should I give up the half marathon goal for now because it's just too much/not possible to try to do both at once? If so, how much running CAN I do? And what should my macros look like then?

As a side note, I'm vegan in case that matters (I usually have no problem getting protein).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Running half marathon will impact your recovery. If you are in a deficit that is never good for sports performance, it will interfere with both mentioned. You can do both, i cannot speak as to your effort, strength levels, or whatever. A casual lifter who doesnt desire to be the strongest they can be will be fine.
    You would likely be fine with 1g protein per lb of lbm, not weight. Fats are fine at 0.45g/lb lbm. Carbs are carbs, you want unlimited to a surplus but that isnt a reality in a deficit. How far along are you right now regarding running? If a 5k is a joke (where you do not have to stop or slow down and your face isnt abysmal) then you are not far away, i went straight away from 5-6m to 13m right away (not having to walk or slow down).
    Now that im getting up there in age i dont do that anymore but i did run half marathon in the past (by myself).

Your ability to increase mileage/distance after each successful run for adaptation will be hampered, as well as the ability to maintain a moderate pace without slowing down or having to walk because you cannot ever be properly fueled for such a thing. To be able to run a half marathon to me means not walking, i dont think that is acceptable to walk.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?