AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question 19 looking to lean bulk... Advice?

I'm 19, 6'4, 195lbs. Had scholarships for college football but decided to go academic route to a bigger school and no longer needed the weight (was 255 2 years ago). I have some lose skin but am overall pretty lean now at 195. Looking to add some lean mass without getting fat. Lifting 5 days a week and am pretty active. At 3100 calories daily and always hit fat and protein minimums. I've put on .2lbs in a month... How fast should I add calories? Only supplement i take is creatine. Any tips for optimizing body composition? Thanks

**Pics attached**
    Attached Images
    "It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" -Rocky

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could not agree more with your decision to bulk slowly. By reading your short blurb, you understand how it works. Off to a great start.

Optimizing body comp? Consume your calories at times that allows you to maintain within your needs and train your hardest. That's really it. No magic solution.

Any questions, feel free to PM me, man. Can hook you up with some whey samples, too.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AU66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Good deal

Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post
    Could not agree more with your decision to bulk slowly. By reading your short blurb, you understand how it works. Off to a great start.

Optimizing body comp? Consume your calories at times that allows you to maintain within your needs and train your hardest. That's really it. No magic solution.

Any questions, feel free to PM me, man. Can hook you up with some whey samples, too.

Thanks for the reply and words of advice. I'll send you a PM
    "It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" -Rocky

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post

Absolutely; a clean, slow bulk is a great way to go. It takes a little longer but gains can be nice and even and you shouldn't have to go through such a drastic, long cut afterward.
    The .2 lbs in a month is maybe a little too slow; thats about maintenance. You're pretty safe with 2 lbs month. I'd increase cals by 200 per day for 2 weeks and see what your bodyweight changes have been with that; adjust again from there.
    And you are weighing yourself same time of day, same type of clothing?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Thumbs up Sounds like a plan

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Absolutely; a clean, slow bulk is a great way to go. It takes a little longer but gains can be nice and even and you shouldn't have to go through such a drastic, long cut afterward.
    The .2 lbs in a month is maybe a little too slow; thats about maintenance. You're pretty safe with 2 lbs month. I'd increase cals by 200 per day for 2 weeks and see what your bodyweight changes have been with that; adjust again from there.
    And you are weighing yourself same time of day, same type of clothing?
    Glad to hear I’m on track. I do weigh every morning the same way. (I compare the moving average on the happy scales app because some days I may be up or down a pound)
    Will increase calories and keep an eye on rate of weight increase. Thanks

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great advice in here.

I think you're doing just fine bro. Sounds like you have a great start and know what you're doing. Keep trying to find what works for YOU. No Internet articles or youtube vids are worth more than self trial and error.

Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    Great advice in here.

I think you're doing just fine bro. Sounds like you have a great start and know what you're doing. Keep trying to find what works for YOU. No Internet articles or youtube vids are worth more than self trial and error.

Best wishes.

Thanks. Will continue to try and make everything more personal to me.