mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift form check

Hi eceryone,

Id ask You to critique my form on deadlifts (80kg, 100kg and 140kg).

What I think personally is wrong:
    A) in all lifts - hips go down to low and are raising first (dont know how to correct it)

Overall I think 80kg looks nice. Problems starts at 100 and above. My upper body goes in this wierd motion where I try to not sure "strighten my back" or shrug the weight up ?

It's like im lifting mostly with my upper back and ass is not firing up to lockout.

What ya think ?
    There are spaces in video links after https. Im under 50 post so...

https ://youtu.be/oeYSBDd5vLc

https ://youtu.be/t6ItGJpCgqk

https ://youtu.be/S3Qd_gnJOEY

Sorry for the camera angle/size and quality.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

embedded

In the first vid, your form is decent, with the other vids when you added weight, your form gets bad. Your hips shoots up in the air which forces your shoulders far in front of the bar causing you to use a lot of back to get the weight up. I'd keep the weight low and focus on keeping proper form before moving up again.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with Get-n-Fit

I think deads can be 85% a mental battle. You tell yourself the weight is heavy so you treat the lift differently. This is why we practice form on lighter weight, so when it comes time to make it count. You approach the lift at 50% as you would at 95%
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrowQa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank You.

I wanted just to try my 140kg. And it seems terrible compared to my 145 like 6 months ago. Guess i'll scale bavk down and film eqch lift adding small increaments.

Also a quation - about hips shooting up - I guess my hip position is to low (not much tension in hams and glutes) should I try to get a bit higher hip from the get go (more horizontal body) or do it as i Did at 80 kg and just work the weigh up ?

I feel that my deadlift is verry squatty (very alike most trap bar deads im seeing in the gym) and thats probably to my long legs and arms. Could that be the case that when I tighten muself my body is im more of a squat position ?

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrowQa View Post
    Thank You.

I wanted just to try my 140kg. And it seems terrible compared to my 145 like 6 months ago. Guess i'll scale bavk down and film eqch lift adding small increaments.

Also a quation - about hips shooting up - I guess my hip position is to low (not much tension in hams and glutes) should I try to get a bit higher hip from the get go (more horizontal body) or do it as i Did at 80 kg and just work the weigh up ?

I feel that my deadlift is verry squatty (very alike most trap bar deads im seeing in the gym) and thats probably to my long legs and arms. Could that be the case that when I tighten muself my body is im more of a squat position ?
    Chest up hips up
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Chest up hips up
    and keep your shoulders in line with the bar.

Search for Allan Thrall on youtube, he has some great vids on deadlifting and how people levers are different due to their arm length, torso lengths, etc.
    Last edited by Get-n-fit; 06-26-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chin down

Patience off the floor and setting up, don't drop and pull. Yes you might see Pro's do this, but you need to find your proper start position first
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think I see a bit of flexion in the lower back at the start of the 100kg and 140kg pulls. There's also that shrug at the top of the 140kg.

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    and keep your shoulders in line with the bar.

Search for Allan Thrall on youtube, he has some great vids on deadlifting and how people levers are different due to their arm length, torso lengths, etc.
    I didn't consider that as a cue, learn something new every day!
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG