pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Adjustable Bench Recommendation

I have a cybex adjustable bench, and need a replacement. This bench has a very wide lumbar pad, actually tapered wider at the bottom. I’ve seen this on quite a few benches. This makes it very difficult to do any exercises facing the bench, like incline dumbell curls, dumbell rows, barbel rows, etc. it also makes using the bench for dips useless since it’s not a straight edge. So that’s what i’m looking for:

1) adjustable from flat to as close to 90 degree as i can get
    2) straight edges, not too wide
    3) no massive apparatus under the seat that would prevent curls, rows, etc.
    4) high-end materials

I don’t need a spotter shelf. Appreciate your input, thx.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Budget?

pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbipaul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No budget. Can’t be made of gold, but willing to pay a higher price for a higher functioning product.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    How about the Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 if the 130lbs weight doesn't bother you? Youtube has many good reviews.

Decide which features you want (or want to avoid) first. Maybe you can find a style you like pictured here

Great link, thank you.

Has anyone used the Atlantis B-177, and have any user experience to share? Interested in back pad width, and also wondering if it was an issue that this bench only goes to 15 degrees instead of flat.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pbipaul View Post
    Has anyone used the Atlantis B-177, and have any user experience to share? Interested in back pad width, and also wondering if it was an issue that this bench only goes to 15 degrees instead of flat.
    No experience but Atlantis makes good stuff. That bench does go to flat, 15 degrees is the lowest incline position. Nice that it is a FI bench and the height is only 17 inches. 73 pounds seems like a reasonable weight, wheels and handle are nice. I'd contact them to get pad width since it doesn't list it.

Are you looking at a used one or new?
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Probably new. Would have to be a special case to buy used. Appreciate the feedback and info on seat position. I agree, it ticks many of the boxes that I'm looking for. A lot of the benches on that link from Jormone look good to be honest. The Rogue looks good too, but very heavy, and very thick seat when including the metal framing.

notsostring is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cybex 16001

Originally Posted by notsostring View Post
    cybex 16001

That's what I have now, and it doesn't work for my needs explained in the original post.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you check out the legend adjustable. I think garage gyms did a review of a bunch of adjustable benches.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Did you check out the legend adjustable. I think garage gyms did a review of a bunch of adjustable benches.
    I have the Legend 3103, it's a very solid bench, but whether it meets all your needs?.

http://legendfitness.com/product/thr...utility-bench/

notsostring is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's what I have now, and it doesn't work for my needs explained in the original post.
    my mistake, i didnt read through and register proplerly. I thought you were maybe *Looking for one with a wide lower portion.

That Legend looks very good. I was looking at that one the other day, but I hadn't heard any reviews. I'll check the youtube vid that you mention Eric, thanks for the suggestions. With 10" straight pad and a nice clearing behind the seat, this could be the winner. Any negatives on that bench Richard?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a pretty common recommendation along with the Rogue/EliteFTS offerings, numerous members here own the bench so it shouldn't be difficult to find using the search box. Not much to dislike about the Legend 3103, it's built like a tank and will perform well in many situations. The most common gripe with the bench itself is the 10" pad width (some prefer 11-12") and the padding has been reported to be somewhat on the soft side (it's fine though). Specific to your needs the only thing that might be an annoyance is the position of the pop-pin adjustment. Occasionally when doing incline curls I would bump into the pop-pin, but 99% of the time it was avoidable if you paid attention to what you were doing. Other than that everything about the bench screams quality, and the mechanical precision of the adjustments is on another level.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    It's a pretty common recommendation along with the Rogue/EliteFTS offerings, numerous members here own the bench so it shouldn't be difficult to find using the search box. Not much to dislike about the Legend 3103, it's built like a tank and will perform well in many situations. The most common gripe with the bench itself is the 10" pad width (some prefer 11-12") and the padding has been reported to be somewhat on the soft side (it's fine though). Specific to your needs the only thing that might be an annoyance is the position of the pop-pin adjustment. Occasionally when doing incline curls I would bump into the pop-pin, but 99% of the time it was avoidable if you paid attention to what you were doing. Other than that everything about the bench screams quality, and the mechanical precision of the adjustments is on another level.
    Great feedback, thx.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That Legend looks very good. I was looking at that one the other day, but I hadn't heard any reviews. I'll check the youtube vid that you mention Eric, thanks for the suggestions. With 10" straight pad and a nice clearing behind the seat, this could be the winner. Any negatives on that bench Richard?
    I have no regrets about buying the 3103, it works on every level for me, it's not my only bench, I also have the Legend Pro bench docked in a half rack and a Custom Kit competition flat bench, but if I had to pick only one bench the 3103 would win hands down.

When I researched the 3103 I seem to remember the main negatives being, 10" wide back pad on the standard model, but if ordering new, for a small up charge you could order the bench with a 12" wide pad. I have the 10" pad and it's good for me.

I think some also found issue with the pad gap, just under 2" on my bench, but I can't even recall ever noticing it.

Another point mentioned by some, when in the military position, the seat and back pads bind against each other, this is true, they do touch when the back pad is in it's highest position but, it's very little. The inference was that over time the vinyl would wear on the pads, I've had my bench for 18 months and the pads show absolutely no sign of wear.

valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Body Solid has the GFI21....seems like it covers all you points below

I have a cybex adjustable bench, and need a replacement. This bench has a very wide lumbar pad, actually tapered wider at the bottom. I’ve seen this on quite a few benches. This makes it very difficult to do any exercises facing the bench, like incline dumbell curls, dumbell rows, barbel rows, etc. it also makes using the bench for dips useless since it’s not a straight edge. So that’s what i’m looking for:

1) adjustable from flat to as close to 90 degree as i can get
    2) straight edges, not too wide
    3) no massive apparatus under the seat that would prevent curls, rows, etc.
    4) high-end materials

I don’t need a spotter shelf. Appreciate your input, thx.
    email me at mhunt@fitnessfactory.com for deals on BODY SOLID

MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by valetudo8080 View Post
    Body Solid has the GFI21....seems like it covers all you points below
    The pad is only 9.5" wide. I would argue it doesn't meet OP's fourth requirement:

4) high-end materials

My recommendation is the previously recommended Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And of course the custom color options for the frame and upholstery don't hurt neither on the 3103 bench...

http://imgur.com/3UYfrW1

http://imgur.com/42iq1M7

Rogue ab2.0 looks solid, but only 6 positions for backrest, and frame plus pad looks about 5" deep. Rogue ab2 looks like a better competitive fit against the legend 3103. Bodysolid ticks a bunch of boxes, but seems less substantial/sturdy. That’s just visual though, so who knows. Truly appreciate all the input. I want that Legent prone row bench too, so i’m leaning that way to save on shipping by putting that together with the 3103 bench.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Great post. Essentially the bench is Legendary. Here is the link to garage-gyms bench review.
    https://www.garage-gyms.com/weight-bench-review/
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hammer strength makes some nice ones. The FWMAB has minimal apparatus under the pads which might satisfy your requirement, I am not sure.