DillFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Loss of weight, size and potential atrophy

Hi fellas, so basically I’ve been lean bulking up a bit and have went from 59kg to 70kg in a few months. Coming to the present, I have started to feel like I’m looking smaller with the scale remaining either the same or creeping lower although I’m eating in a ‘surplus’.
    Some info about me:
    -I eat the same thing everyday with tweaks to volume of the amount of food.
    -I find my caloric need via the calories from my Apple Watch and add 550extra - usually setting me with 3000-3300 per day.
    -I train 6days a week (a plan on Tnation)
    -As for P/C/F I follow a 35/45/20 meaning I’m having well over 200g protein a day.
    The thing I don’t understand is, I gained those 11kg following this with in fact a lower calorie intake so why would my weight start to decline/stunt now? Any help is appreciated!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    11kg in a 'few months' is a tad fast. It wouldn't hurt you to stay at the same weight for a while as long as you keep making progress with your routine. If you can't keep making progress, it's a programming issue, not a nutrition issue.

Training 6 days a week is a red flag, that is not necessary for most people and may be counterproductive. What are your current max lifts in the major compounds?

Don't rely on apple watch. Just eat a fixed calorie intake each day. Don't use macro ratios, just a calorie target and a minimum protein intake target.

Cheers mate, I phrased the weight gain a bit wrong with my lowest weight being early July last year but yeah I guess it was fast however my bodyfat is still pretty low (around 11-13%). My lifts have seen a small improvement every few weeks but my deadlift 1RM is 125kg, squat- 50kg and bench -60kg. I'm unsure if my age has any significance but I'm 15 years old, as I forgot to mention previously. I understand my squat is rather low, it was one of those exercises I regrettably avoided and hated...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would focus on bringing those up, if you haven't used a novice routine with planned progression like Fierce 5 or Starting Strength then do that.

I'll look into them now, really appreciate the help!

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DillFit View Post
    I'm 15 years old
    Don't worry about the details too much

Originally Posted by formicaman View Post
    Don't worry about the details too much
    These days I feel like it's necessary, teens usually get 'ripped' by older folk for being uneducated in the sector. True for a vast majority, not for all haha.
    All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips.

Registered User Spartanbaziotis's Avatar
    Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000)
    The only way something atrophy's is by you not using it or by massive cell death. So basically if something isn't wrong internally to where your muscles stop working, you pretty much would have to be in a coma to atrophy. I suppose you could literally never get off the couch/out of bed/ whatever. I digress though. So the good news is you don't have to worry there haha. Other than that, listen to Mister Suffolk up there and you'll be good.
    I'm back?

Progress

Been really motivated over the last two days, being more knowledgeable each day. Turns out I messed up and didn't include the bar weight in my records. I'll post it below, I managed to improve some major as well. (Note - I train solo and am most definitely capable of going further however I'm scared of risking injury. These aren't 1RM's but weights I can do at least 5 reps of)

Leg ext - 107kg
    Leg press - 180kg
    Curl - 2 set 8x16kg
    Calf raise - 300kg 661lbs
    Shoulder press - 209lbs 95kg
    Deadlift - 100kg - 198lbs (20kg bar)
    Trap Deadlift - 110kg -242lbs
    Dumbell bench - 26kg 6rep - 27.5 3rep
    Chest press - 45kg
    Pec deck - 60kg
    Barbell squat - 90kg (+40kg)
    Seated row - 59kg
    Seated arm extension - 77kg
    Barbell bench - 30kg 8rep
    Seated calf raise - 80kg
    Decline sit-ups - 15kg
    Dumbbell shoulder press - 17.5kg
    Dumbbell flyes - 12.5kg
    Shrug rack - 80kg
    Hacker squat - 80kg
    Back pulling row - 195lbs [5reps]
    EZ reverse curl - 20kg
    FREE weight iso lat row - 45kg

Deadlift 2RM - 120kg (20kg bar) 264lbs
    Barbell bench 1RM - 60kg
    Last edited by DillFit; 06-02-2018 at 04:12 AM.
    All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips.