Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChristianMR View Post
    The Star Wars franchise is legitimately trash right now, but it has nothing to do with gay characters. You have little Corvettes effortlessly destroying massive flagships by jumping into them -- and people treat it like its some sort of genius strategy. You've got a weapon sucking up the entire mass of a star, but planetary gravity around that weapon remains static. Mysticism became lulzy midichlorians. Etc., etc.
    Oh I agree. They butchered the story hard when they ruined Luke's character.

Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Zackad View Post
    you know we're normally cool and enjoy each other's posts

this one however, reeks of elitism and condescension. you're basically saying "you're thinking wrong, just give it time and eventually you'll understand" like peoples opinions ITT are borne out of ignorance, not knowledge. You're not that woke brah...for all you know society could take a complete 180 and go back 100 years, and their perceived "truths" will only be more reinforced.

People are just upset they took an already established character and are changing/adding factors that were not previously present. What's not to get about that? That being said, I'm sure most won't mind it if it serves a legitimate purpose for the movie, just as I'm sure most would prefer the inclusion of a new pansexual character who's pansexuality contributes in some way other than being another bastion for the LGBTQ-whatever community.
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    I like you dude but don't act like you were being genuine here. You were being sarcastic and snide while pretending to be understanding. Oldest trick in the book lol
    Don't know how else to say it brahs. When society said I was wrong in my attraction to other guys I dealt with it and got on with my life. I'm not being sarcastic, it's the way I view the world. I'm interested in politics etc but it's how I manage to get to sleep at night, by knowing that there is nothing I can personally do that will change things, and no point in stressing out over it. I tell myself this over and over.

Of course there are movements that then go on to change society, if you want to change society back to hiding different sexual orientations etc then campaign for it, just like the LGBT community campaigned for tolerance.

Like I've already said ITT "be the change you want to see in the world", honestly no point in moaning about it on the internet.

ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChristianMR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wincel View Post
    Yep, that character arc was fukking ridiculous.
    Take it easy Christian

ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AquilaConfido View Post
    I legit can't look at this pic and think anything else except a total cheeky slayer who is smooth / charismatic as fuk with women in a bar on a Saturday night.

Anyone who looks at this pic and can 'imagine' this guy having sex with other men / pansexual stuff is a projecting homosexual, serious.
    If you can't imagine that guy schmoozing an important male character for a favorable business deal then you have no imagination, serious.

AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AquilaConfido has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    If you can't imagine that guy schmoozing an important male character for a favorable business deal then you have no imagination, serious.
    And I would like to suggest you're a raging, projecting homosexual.

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lucianus View Post
    Don't know how else to say it brahs. When society said I was wrong in my attraction to other guys I dealt with it and got on with my life. I'm not being sarcastic, it's the way I view the world. I'm interested in politics etc but it's how I manage to get to sleep at night, by knowing that there is nothing I can personally do that will change things, and no point in stressing out over it. I tell myself this over and over.

Of course there are movements that then go on to change society, if you want to change society back to hiding different sexual orientations etc then campaign for it, just like the LGBT community campaigned for tolerance.

Like I've already said ITT "be the change you want to see in the world", honestly no point in moaning about it on the internet.
    I'm over it immediately Luci, just annoying how Disney subverts people for the sake of identity politics and being cutting-edge progressives. Most people ITT would be totally fine with a pansexual character that was written well and practical. I mentioned Oberyn Martell who is adored in GoT.

But doing this shock announcement crap on a 40 year old character is just retarded and low-level pandering. It's like when they made a big deal about Oscar Isaac being the most prominent Latino actor in Star Wars. As a Latino I could give a SH!!TTT!! Just make a good fukin movie!!

Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    Exactly!! Oberyn was fukking women and dudes left and right, and it was even shown multiple times in the show and I love that dude because he was awesomely written and it didn't feel like it came with an attached agenda. I have no complaints about Oberyn, I was sad as fuk when he died because I wanted the character to stay.

Compare that to Disney who only cares about pushing an agenda, so they make chitty movies with chitty plots and chitty dialogue with chitty characters I don't give a chit about. BUT HAY GUISE WE HAVE A FEMALE FEMINIST DROID WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN AND A PANSEXUAL LANDO U GOTTA SEE THIS NEW MOVIE GUISE.

Gtfo Disney. The new Star Wars could have been about a character like Oberyn ****ing all the dudes and still wrecking everyone in the galaxy and I'd pay all my monies to see it as long as it's a GOOD MOVIE
    They're doing it completely wrong, like most of hollywood. Meanwhile level headed people want a female or gay character with SUBSTANCE and not for the sake of cheap subversion - and we get called bigots for it. just lmao.

Originally Posted by wincel View Post
    Perfect example of how the outrage is more about common sense than bigotry. Luke went from being the most inspirational hero in cinema to a grumpy and apathetic hermit.

Doing 180's on the audience for the sake of shock or ideology is trash storycrafting.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lucianus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaliSuperSport View Post
    I'm over it immediately Luci, just annoying how Disney subverts people for the sake of identity politics and being cutting-edge progressives. Most people ITT would be totally fine with a pansexual character that was written well and practical. I mentioned Oberyn Martell who is adored in GoT.

But doing this shock announcement crap on a 40 year old character is just retarded and low-level pandering. It's like when they made a big deal about Oscar Isaac being the most prominent Latino actor in Star Wars. As a Latino I could give a SH!!TTT!! Just make a good fukin movie!!
    I want some discussion on my post #171. People ITT keep telling me to grow up and I've offered a reasonable point as to how Star Wars has always been liberal and based on identity politics, yet not one person has acknowledged it.

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I want some discussion on my post #171. People ITT keep telling me to grow up and I've offered a reasonable point as to how Star Wars has always been liberal and based on identity politics, yet not one person has acknowledged it.
    Not to point out the obvious but the word War is in the franchise title. By default it is political.

Take a look at the first trilogy. The empire is exclusively fascist evil white guys dressed in authoritarian nazi-esque clothes, and the rebels are diverse, even having "illegal" aliens fighting with them. In 1981, George Lucas said that the Emperor was a portrayal of President Nixon. in 2005, Lucas said he conceived of the original Star Wars as an allegory for the Vietnam War. Meaning that the rebels were more or less the Vietcong fighting a superior force (and they beat them)

Look at when it first came out and the general perception of the Nixon administration dragging the USA into the Vietnam war. Star Wars has always been liberal, from it's roots. So for ya'll to say you're fed up with liberal politics being involved is laughable. Not to mention the feminism aspect and the fact that Princess Leia was the top dog and in charge of the resistance from the start.
    Yes, it's political, inspired by political figures, and has a feminist undertone. As I understand it, those were all integral parts of the story as Lucas created it, and also driving inspirations for it.

The pansexual thing, IMO, as far as I know wasn't an original detail about Lando Calrissian when the character was first written. So unless they're revealing this factoid for a purpose that benefits the story, it's pure pandering. It's p much already pandering in that they revealed it to hype up the movie, and didn't let the movie reveal it on it's own.

that's as best as I can argue it with you. but that's just like, my opinion, man.
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."

Yes, it's political, inspired by political figures, and has a feminist undertone. As I understand it, those were all integral parts of the story as Lucas created it, and also driving inspirations for it.

The pansexual thing, IMO, as far as I know wasn't an original detail about Lando Calrissian when the character was first written. So unless they're revealing this factoid for a purpose that benefits the story, it's pure pandering. It's p much already pandering in that they revealed it to hype up the movie, and didn't let the movie reveal it on it's own.

that's as best as I can argue it with you. but that's just like, my opinion, man.
    It may be pandering. But so was the first trilogy for the reasons I've already stated. It was made in part as a backlash to the right winged government of the USA.

We need to remember this is just a film and yes they are going to use hype and controversy for promo.

wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was more fascinated by the fact that droids are on the sexual spectrum.
    #FreeCryptoBandit

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    So wait... Pansexual means being attracted to both men and women? Isn't that just Bi-sexual? WTF am I missing.
    Because classifying hubeings as just men and womyn is literally the most offensive, racist and sickeningly Nazi-like thing you can do. There are 87 genders, Nazi. Pangenders are attracted to them all (or some ****)
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It may be pandering. But so was the first trilogy for the reasons I've already stated. It was made in part as a backlash to the right winged government of the USA.

We need to remember this is just a film and yes they are going to use hype and controversy for promo.
    Touché, but i feel it's different when it's the origin of the story, vs changing around details to an already well established story that's had quite a history.

Either way, I don't care all that much about star wars and prob won't see it until it's at redbox or netflix anyway. Just looks dumb from an outsider's perspective to create random details for hype when they don't seem to have any legitimate effect within the movies.
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."

ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ComaVision is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AquilaConfido View Post
    And I would like to suggest you're a raging, projecting homosexual.
    Well, for what you lack in sensible discourse you make up for in ad hominem attacks.

Perfect example of how the outrage is more about common sense than bigotry. Luke went from being the most inspirational hero in cinema to a grumpy and apathetic hermit.

Doing 180's on the audience for the sake of shock or ideology is trash storycrafting.
    Honestly, I've always thought Luke was a whiny loser. I rewatched all the movies a couple months ago and it didn't sway my opinion. Han is the hero of the original trilogy. Luke didn't even want to go with Obi-Wan.

I get how people would feel betrayed if they liked Luke though.

Touché, but i feel it's different when it's the origin of the story, vs changing around details to an already well established story that's had quite a history.

Either way, I don't care all that much about star wars and prob won't see it until it's at redbox or netflix anyway. Just looks dumb from an outsider's perspective to create random details for hype when they don't seem to have any legitimate effect within the movies.
    I agree with you that it's silly about changing a 40 year old characters sexuality (i might add though, that pansexual men do fall in love with women) so there wouldn't have been a difference in his character anyway. We don't even know how his sexuality is going to be portrayed yet so I don't understand the outrage. For example. Deadpool is portrayed as pansexual/bisexual whatever in the comics, but not so much in the films (some would argue it should be the other way around considering the films got released in the time of political correctness and the comics did not)

But it is pandering, i agree with you. But I think this is just part in parcel in the entertainment industry. It tries to mirror society to make more money. People are becoming more tolerant of LGBT people so therefor it is going to be included in pop culture too.

I feel the same as you do about the prospects of a female maybe being cast as James Bond. It's retarded (and i don't think it will ever happen) but if it did happen i'd get over it and focus on my own chit.

Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thunder999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IT is the media that is promoting this on us.

StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by doughnutking View Post
    Just wait until you find out that Yoda was banging Luke all along.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." -Napoleon Bonaparte-

-~~ The Auburn University Crew ~~-

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lucianus, you keep saying deadpool is pansexual, but I honestly do not recall anything of that nature. Every love interest I can possibly think of, have all been female. Are you sure you aren't just confusing the satirical, sardonic, and sarcastic writing style of the comics as actual storyline?
    "It won't get better, just different."

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Bring back ****g‏‏‎ot, ****g‏‏‎ot .

Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    Lucianus, you keep saying deadpool is pansexual, but I honestly do not recall anything of that nature. Every love interest I can possibly think of, have all been female. Are you sure you aren't just confusing the satirical, sardonic, and sarcastic writing style of the comics as actual storyline?
    Here is the creator of Deadpool saying he is not heterosexual.

4:25

I suggest watching the few minutes before 4:25 and after too. We need to remember these are fictional characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpo...al_orientation

CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not to point out the obvious but the word War is in the franchise title. By default it is political.

Take a look at the first trilogy. The empire is exclusively fascist evil white guys dressed in authoritarian nazi-esque clothes, and the rebels are diverse, even having "illegal" aliens fighting with them. In 1981, George Lucas said that the Emperor was a portrayal of President Nixon. in 2005, Lucas said he conceived of the original Star Wars as an allegory for the Vietnam War. Meaning that the rebels were more or less the Vietcong fighting a superior force (and they beat them)

Look at when it first came out and the general perception of the Nixon administration dragging the USA into the Vietnam war. Star Wars has always been liberal, from it's roots. So for ya'll to say you're fed up with liberal politics being involved is laughable. Not to mention the feminism aspect and the fact that Princess Leia was the top dog and in charge of the resistance from the start.
    I don't even find war references/commentary and identity politics in the same league. The former is a classic trope in art and film, the latter is a toxic culture of force-placed ideology and intersectionality. It's pandering, insulting to the minority groups involved, and sabotages story-telling in film - because rather than crafting an effective plot, the political/cultural stance becomes the plot.

But yes, Star Wars had clear historical war inspirations.

Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    Honestly, I've always thought Luke was a whiny loser. I rewatched all the movies a couple months ago and it didn't sway my opinion. Han is the hero of the original trilogy. Luke didn't even want to go with Obi-Wan.

I get how people would feel betrayed if they liked Luke though.
    In the first movie yeah, but by ESB he becomes a completely self-sufficient adult and commander. By RotJ he's full blown hero.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Speaking of Deadpool, I'd like to add that Colossus is gay too.

Piotr Rasputin was smuggled into the U.S. from Russia at age nine, for his own personal safety as opposed to anything threatening his family, most of whom still live in Russia. After a childhood described as violent and miserable, Rasputin discovered his mutant powers and began earning money by performing feats of super-strength for tourists. He also realized that he was gay. Eventually returning to Russia, he faced death from a Siberian firing squad, but was rescued and recruited by the Red Mafiya (the Russian Mafia). Not a criminal by nature but unable to resist the attractive profits, Piotr became an arms dealer and sent almost all his earnings to his family. When an arms merchant employed by Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants double-crossed him during a transaction, Piotr exposed himself as a mutant by assuming metallic form to repel his attacker's bullets. In the aftermath of the battle, Jean Grey, who was tracking down potential X-Men, came upon the scene and recruited Piotr. As Colossus, Piotr proved an exceptional combatant against X-Men foes such as the Sentinels and Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants, and he developed a crush on fellow recruit Wolverine.

After a few months of action Colossus decided the X-Men only valued his strength, and grew jealous of the romances among his teammates. He returned to Russia, vowing never to use his powers again; however, after Cyclops and Marvel Girl followed him and urged him to return, he rescued an endangered submarine, winning worldwide recognition. Colossus rejoined the X-Men, frequently teaming with Wolverine. When the Brotherhood of Mutants resurfaced, again led by Magneto, Colossus almost confessed his feelings to Wolverine during battle. When Magneto used his control over Wolverine's metallic skeleton to torment him, Colossus beat the villain savagely.

Although Colossus remains protective of Wolverine, he realizes his affections are unrequited. Piotr was briefly interested in Longshot, a mutant whom he and his teammates rescued in Krakoa, but later learned Longshot was a murderer. More recently, there have been hints of a romantic spark between Colossus and mutant speedster Northstar (Jean-Paul Beaubier); but as more of Piotr's friends pursue inter-team relationships, Colossus's self-doubt and feelings of isolation may yet return.

http://marvel.com/universe/Colossus_(Ultimate)

I don't even find war references/commentary and identity politics in the same league. The former is a classic trope in art and film, the latter is a toxic culture of force-placed ideology and intersectionality. It's pandering, insulting to the minority groups involved, and sabotages story-telling in film - because rather than crafting an effective plot, the political/cultural stance becomes the plot.

But yes, Star Wars had clear historical war inspirations.
    Lol. We'll agree to disagree. I've just told you he modelled it after the Nixon administration yet you're saying the plot is not a political/cultural stance.

I'll tell you first hand, i'm not insulted by films including LGBTQ+ characters, but you can continue believing whatever you want.

chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is the creator of Deadpool saying he is not heterosexual.

4:25

I suggest watching the few minutes before 4:25 and after too. We need to remember these are fictional characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpo...al_orientation
    I suggest you read that quote, as it's exactly what I questioned you confusing. Deadpool is the anti everything, anti hero, villain, whatever. He is to appeal and to offend everyone all at once. Meanwhile a simple google search yields a pretty clear cut case
    https://www.cbr.com/people-who-slept-with-deadpool/

all female, but whatever.

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    I suggest you read that quote, as it's exactly what I questioned you confusing. Deadpool is the anti everything, anti hero, villain, whatever. He is to appeal and to offend everyone all at once. Meanwhile a simple google search yields a pretty clear cut case
    https://www.cbr.com/people-who-slept-with-deadpool/

all female, but whatever.
    Dude. the guy who created Deadpool said in the video that he isn't strictly heterosexual. I don't know what else to say if your brain can't even process that.

Pansexual is closest to what Nicieza described Deadpool as being. Which is why I said pansexual.

MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an alternate universe version of Colossus... which also doesn't even exist anymore.

But there are a few gay characters in comics. Northstar is one. Although no one gives a chit about him.

Lol. We'll agree to disagree. I've just told you he modelled it after the Nixon administration yet you're saying the plot is not a political/cultural stance.

I'll tell you first hand, i'm not insulted by films including LGBTQ+ characters, but you can continue believing whatever you want.
    No I said original star wars DOES have political and cultural inspirations.

But I'm also saying that identity politics is nothing more than a weak narrative to pander to minority groups. Minorities should find it insulting because Hollywood is basically saying "here's an LGBTQ+ character/black lead/latino lead/strong female lead, you'll like this movie."

That's the foundation Rey is built on, and she's the weakest form of character..... a Mary Sue. Compare that to Leia who is universally adored by SW fans and had similar strength but only after facing adversity.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's just Disney being racist as fuk - as usual - while trying to act "progressive".

Finn in the movies is

- a space janitor
    - suddenly develops a sense of conscience because plot, proceeds to hijack a fighter and kill dozens of his comrades
    - acts an incompetent bumbling baffoon and general comic relief, despite being a trained soldier/killer
    - has the hots for Rey because reasons, but of course the MaRey Sue don't need no man, and in his moment of self-sacrifice gets fuked over and metoo'd by Rose, because "war is bad", then gets to drag her back to the fort through the battlefield

Compared to that, the fuking Wookieepedia entry describes Finn as a top-of-his-class badass raeptrain, who actually goes out of his way to save his comrade.

And now Lando, fuking Lando, who was a legend when Solo was a nobody, and is generally a much more successful version of Solo, who later went on and became the leader of Bespin is a droidfuker pansexual.

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait? So kitty pride (shadowcat) is tucking??

Star Lord must be into some freaky **** then.

AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    argue about if fictional characters suck a dick brehs.
    do not read my posts and weep, i am not there i do not sleep
    i am the thousand greens that rep, i am the ban bet dutifully kept
    of memes and trolls in toasted breads, i am not there, i am not dead.

Dude. the guy who created Deadpool said in the video that he isn't strictly heterosexual. I don't know what else to say if your brain can't even process that.

Pansexual is closest to what Nicieza described Deadpool as being. Which is why I said pansexual.
    again, he said that to basically get people to fukk off about asking. He said he was tired of it. So he said he is everything and nothing. And if you look at his conquests and still can't get your brain to process that, I have some bad newz...

Originally Posted by MediocreGains View Post
    That's an alternate universe version of Colossus... which also doesn't even exist anymore.

But there are a few gay characters in comics. Northstar is one. Although no one gives a chit about him.
    If you see Deadpool 2 there are quite a lot of gay moments between deadpool & Colossus.

Yeah there are quite a lot. Over 100 LGBT superheroes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:LGBT_superheroes