Registered User Spartanbaziotis's Avatar
    Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000)

9 months post MS diagnosis. 100 pushups, 200 BW squat, 20 pullup, and 10 min plank

For years I've struggled with pain, weakness, fatigue, and vertigo. Even at my best, lifting consistently and eating well I just never felt like I was making the progress I should have been. That, plus fairly regularly occurrences of injury/unexplained pain were always pretty demoralizing as well. Turns out that's because my Central Nervous system has been attacking my nerves since I was about fourteen. I was finally diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis back in August of last year. I am only 28. I lost my job immediately after disclosing the diagnosis. Fell in to a pretty good depression, etc, etc. Well now I am weak as all hell. Full disclosure. I am doing single digit push-ups. I am using stretch bands to help me get any pull-ups. I can barely keep a plank for twenty seconds. Even body weight squats are tough. So since I am basically below beginner even, I figured i'd start with very simple measurable goals. So I am going to crank out 100 push-ups in a row, 200 squats, 20 pull-ups, and a ten minute plank. I am not remotely focused on looking pretty, I just have to get back to being able to do, let's be honest, some pretty basic and easy stuff here. The program claims six weeks for these goals, but i'm not in fairy tale land. It'll take as long as it takes. After nine months of doctors' appointments several times a week, switching medications around, steroids (not the anabolic muscle building dosages), constant blood-work, MRI's, EKG's, and just general unpleasantness it'll be nice to build my broke-ass body up a little. I'm finally on the right dosages of the right medications and honestly feel better than I can ever remember feeling before, so it's time. For the sake of a timeline, i'm about a week in. I've never been terribly successful at keeping a journal here, so we'll see how this goes. Throw out a "hi" if you find yourself interested and reading. See ya.
    Last edited by Spartanbaziotis; 05-17-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    I'm back?

Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000)

How it works

So I usually choose to do my workouts as one huge superset. Pushups-squats-pullups-plank. Five sets, super low reps still. If i'm pressed for time i'll spread it out through the day instead. Work out at least three times a week, more depending on how i'm feeling but always three minimum. I eat IIFYM. 1900-2100 calories a day. Minimum .7G Protein/LB, minimum .4 fat/LB, then fill in the rest.

Today:
    194.1LB
    19.75% BF
    35 inch waist
    24 inch thighs
    15 inch calves
    11.5 inch forearms
    14.75 inch biceps
    15 inch neck
    40 inch chest

Soooo not such great numbers, but I knew that. Let's see what we can do about that. Even though I said I wasn't worried about looking pretty, and I'm not, I'll post pictures a bit later for posterity's sake. See ya.
    I'm back?

Yesterday's workout

My workout from last night. I don't think i'll do any of this today. Even though I feel fine, I suppose I should take a day between these workouts, at least for now. I like rucking, so I might catch a couple miles of that today. Nothing crazy, probably just a ten pound pack since I haven't gone in a while.

Push-ups
    6, 5, 4, 4, 6

Plank (seconds)
    15, 30, 25, 30, 16
    This was really tough so i'll be repeating the week on planks. So the next several workouts you'll see smaller numbers.

Squats
    18, 20, 19, 16, 20

Pull-ups (assisted)
    4, 3, 3, 3, 4

So there you have it. I did say the reps were depressing haha. See ya.
    I'm back?

So I was at the park with my (almost) three year old earlier running around. There's a duck pond that she suddenly decided she NEEDED to swim in. So she runs off, I run after. Just barely catch her right on the edge and pull her back, but in doing so gash my knee up very nicely. Been picking out gravel and such, think I got it all. So honestly not sure how much i'll do tonight, if any. I take medicinal marijuana, so maybe i'll see how I feel after a few vape drags tonight, but feeling pretty rough all around, not just the knee. MS is a weird-ass thing. We'll see, but wanted to update anyway. See ya.
    I'm back?

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great to see you being active! My mom was diagnosed with MS too a bit over 10 years ago. She's had a few ups and downs, but exercise and finding the correct medication has seemed to keep her rather healthy.

Stay strong.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

So today and the last several days, I've had some pretty bad dental pain. It's actually freaking excruciating right at this moment, even though I took an Oxy about two hours ago, it didn't even touch it. Since I have MS, i'm really nervous it's Trigeminal Neuralgia. I haven't been diagnosed, i'm just hoping it's not that. I have "emergency" dental insurance, which really just means that I have to wait weeks for approval from my insurance before I can have anything done. I might just have to take the hit out of pocket though because this is really darn bad. I did do a couple sets the other day, but not a whole lot. I use EMS as well, which I know doesn't probably really do much, but it's better than nothing. There's just no way I can working out with excruciating pain in my teeth/mouth/ear/head/throat. Not gonna happen. see ya.
    I'm back?

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Great to see you being active! My mom was diagnosed with MS too a bit over 10 years ago. She's had a few ups and downs, but exercise and finding the correct medication has seemed to keep her rather healthy.

Stay strong.
    Appreciate that, thanks. Glad your Ma is hanging in there!
    I'm back?

I haven't done "my workouts" lately, but i'm staying active. Played tennis with my older daughter earlier today. going to the park and walking around duck ponds, etc. I also caught parts of workouts at various times throughout the week, just not a full one. My face is still killing me but not as bad. I'll catch a workout tonight. See ya.
    I'm back?

So the left side of my jaw is still effing me up. Can't really chew much, meat is waaay out of the question so i'm sipping overly expensive protein beverages to still make my macros lol. Oh well, it works. Anyway, on to the workout! You know, finally haha.

Push-ups
    6, 7, 7, 6, 6 @32 total

Plank
    :05, :10, :10, :10, :05 @:40 total

Squats
    25, 20, 17, 16, 14 @92 total

Pullups (assisted)
    4, 3, 3, 3, 7 @20 total

Workout felt pretty good. I really struggle at plank but technically I struggle with all of it, that's why it's happening haha. See ya.
    I'm back?

Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000) Technorobot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read everything. Keep it up man doing great.

bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    One of my best friends has had ms for years now. Staying active has really helped him

1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1thousand is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try to eat only veggies and meat. Parasites and fungus in your brain might be causing MS. Get anti parasite and antifungals into your diet. At least it coudlnt hurt to try.

I am not going to spend too much time on this because i'll sound like a jerk. That's not going to do anything to a brain parasite or fungus. There's approximately zero scientific weight behind what you've told me. Not only that, but I've had my brain looked at, studied, and tested more in the last nine months than most people probably ever have to get done. I am confidant in the abilities of my Doctor to use modern science to treat me. However, I know you believe what you're saying which means you're really trying to educate and help, so thank you for the intent.

Thank you, gentlemen, for the encouragement haha. It's weird and annoying being this weak.
    I'm back?

Not working out at all. Consistently high on something for my jaw. I don't even have my initial consultation with the surgeon until the 15th. I can't chew so I subsist entirely on protein shakes and sometimes cottage cheese.
    I'm back?

Everything's about the same. However, since i'm having trouble getting calories my weight is down to 187.5. Silver lining I guess? lol. I did finally get an initial consultation and they want to rip things out of my mouth. Still waiting on insurance approval.
    I'm back?