Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

What would you do if you were no longer able to workout?

I would assume that for most of you on here (if not all) working out is a way of life for you. So what would you do if you could no longer workout/lift weights?

Why do I ask this? Well my shoulder is getting to the point where my doc said eventually I will need reconstruction surgery on my shoulder and according to him (he is a sports doctor) I would never be able to lift weights again.

I get a shot every 6 months, but now the pain is coming back sooner than the 6 months and they will give it to me every 4 months (3x a year) however eventually it will no longer work and I will need to reconstruct the shoulder. The thought of this alone has me depressed and I am not sure I could cope with not working out for the rest of my life.. Working out for me is my life, it keeps me sane, controls my anger and relieves my anxiety.

I was told once I would never walk again by doctors let alone squat and I proved them wrong, but I am not sure about this one....

So I ask, what would you do if you could no longer workout?
    On the list for Bannukah

Don't Rattle My Cage DrunkenMoron's Avatar
    DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I was told once I would never walk again by doctors let alone squat and I proved them wrong, but I am not sure about this one....

I was gonna tell you something along those lines... Heard so many cases of professionals claiming something and people through sheer will power proving them wrong.

My brother had a shoulder op from which the doc said he should train again but he didn't wanna hear that. Physio etc and he's stronger than before with no shoulder pain.

Guess your mind is your strongest ally here, bummer to hear that all, don't even wanna imagine what I would do. Surely it only limits you from specific workouts and not complete fitness.

Keep us posted regardless
    - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum -

** Egg Crew **

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know. But, I would be very depressed and I would probably do everything I could to find alternatives to some type of exercises to avoid becoming little again. It would not be a good thing for me.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would assume that for most of you on here (if not all) working out is a way of life for you. So what would you do if you could no longer workout/lift weights?

Why do I ask this? Well my shoulder is getting to the point where my doc said eventually I will need reconstruction surgery on my shoulder and according to him (he is a sports doctor) I would never be able to lift weights again.

I get a shot every 6 months, but now the pain is coming back sooner than the 6 months and they will give it to me every 4 months (3x a year) however eventually it will no longer work and I will need to reconstruct the shoulder. The thought of this alone has me depressed and I am not sure I could cope with not working out for the rest of my life.. Working out for me is my life, it keeps me sane, controls my anger and relieves my anxiety.

I would go fishing but I know that's not your thing. For me, fishing is as much fun as working out but right now I only go fishing for a couple months of the year. In other words, find a hobby that you enjoy. There is certainly more to life than lifting weights. If you truly can't stay out of the gym then dedicate yourself to helping others overcome physical problems/injuries through working out. You have conquered that mentality so it seems it would come easy for you to help others.

Here is something else. Why not use the fitness you have built in your body to challenge yourself outside the gym. Find a challenging hike through some foothill mountains or something. Do you like any other sports? There are other ways to use the body you have worked so hard for...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DrunkenMoron View Post
    I was gonna tell you something along those lines... Heard so many cases of professionals claiming something and people through sheer will power proving them wrong.

My brother had a shoulder op from which the doc said he should train again but he didn't wanna hear that. Physio etc and he's stronger than before with no shoulder pain.

Guess your mind is your strongest ally here, bummer to hear that all, don't even wanna imagine what I would do. Surely it only limits you from specific workouts and not complete fitness.

Keep us posted regardless
    I believe the mind conquers all, but not sure if whatever they use to put my shoulder back together will sustain lifting weights.

They are saying it might be when I am 60 so I still have 7 years to go.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I don't know. But, I would be very depressed and I would probably do everything I could to find alternatives to some type of exercises to avoid becoming little again. It would not be a good thing for me.
    Neither for me

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    I would go fishing but I know that's not your thing. For me, fishing is as much fun as working out but right now I only go fishing for a couple months of the year. In other words, find a hobby that you enjoy. There is certainly more to life than lifting weights. If you truly can't stay out of the gym then dedicate yourself to helping others overcome physical problems/injuries through working out. You have conquered that mentality so it seems it would come easy for you to help others.

Here is something else. Why not use the fitness you have built in your body to challenge yourself outside the gym. Find a challenging hike through some foothill mountains or something. Do you like any other sports? There are other ways to use the body you have worked so hard for...
    No fishing would not work at all staying still is not something I can do.

I like baseball. basketball and football but don't see myself playing them for a length of time. However helping others is something I could see myself doing, but not sure that would help with my stress/anxiety levels which typically are controlled by physical activity.
    On the list for Bannukah

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I was told that I would probably look for other medical opinions until I found one that said I could. Might have to modify your training, lifting lighter etc, but I can't fathom many repairs that would discourage future activity of any type. Obviously you won't be entering any PL or strongman events, but I would think that you could still focus on modest resistance training, bodyweight exercises etc. If that is the case just have them cut that arm off and continue to train the other one HARDCORE .

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    If I was told that I would probably look for other medical opinions until I found one that said I could. Might have to modify your training, lifting lighter etc, but I can't fathom many repairs that would discourage future activity of any type. Obviously you won't be entering any PL or strongman events, but I would think that you could still focus on modest resistance training, bodyweight exercises etc. If that is the case just have them cut that arm off and continue to train the other one HARDCORE .
    Plat, not sure if you have been following my story on my shoulder when I was looking to have the surgery, but I have gone to several doctors and all have said the same thing, that eventually I will need a whole new shoulder. In fact one of the doctors (I should have listen to her) said if I got the surgery (the one I got done) that it could actually make my shoulder worse, which it did
    On the list for Bannukah

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would contact Oscar Goldman from the 6 million dollar man and get a bionic one.

No seriously, i would work the rest of the body and just be out of proportion a little. In high school the weightlifting/gym teacher said to us, "the great thing about weight lifting is that if you are hurt or injured, you can always work a different part of the body."

I believe that and having had a few injuries( torn Tricep, strained Achilles tendon, rotator cuff strain) you just switch up your focus. Btw, DBX and i warned you that those shots stop working over time.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Plat, not sure if you have been following my story on my shoulder when I was looking to have the surgery, but I have gone to several doctors and all have said the same thing, that eventually I will need a whole new shoulder. In fact one of the doctors (I should have listen to her) said if I got the surgery (the one I got done) that it could actually make my shoulder worse, which it did
    Well you either need to find a different one or listen to the one you have. I think using cortisone injections to mask the pain and continuing to train heavy is probably doing more damage. The advantage of not having the pain masked allows you to find movements that do not aggravate the existing injury. I have been dealing with a L shoulder issue for a year, and while it is slowly improving, I would not opt for surgery or even cortisone shots. I just work around it and do what I can that doesn't cause pain. Your case could be different I have no idea and I'm not a doctor, but I know training through "real" pain is not a good idea, and if the shots mask it you have no idea what is causing further harm to the joint/connective tissue.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I would contact Oscar Goldman from the 6 million dollar man and get a bionic one.

No seriously, i would work the rest of the body and just be out of proportion a little. In high school the weightlifting/gym teacher said to us, "the great thing about weight lifting is that if you are hurt or injured, you can always work a different part of the body."

I believe that and having had a few injuries( torn Tricep, strained Achilles tendon, rotator cuff strain) you just switch up your focus. Btw, DBX and i warned you that those shots stop working over time.
    LOL I like the bionic thing!

I know this is going to sound conceited but I am all about aesthetics, I can't see myself having a body thats off

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Well you either need to find a different one or listen to the one you have. I think using cortisone injections to mask the pain and continuing to train heavy is probably doing more damage. The advantage of not having the pain masked allows you to find movements that do not aggravate the existing injury. I have been dealing with a L shoulder issue for a year, and while it is slowly improving, I would not opt for surgery or even cortisone shots. I just work around it and do what I can that doesn't cause pain. Your case could be different I have no idea and I'm not a doctor, but I know training through "real" pain is not a good idea, and if the shots mask it you have no idea what is causing further harm to the joint/connective tissue.
    The problem is that the pain is so severe it affects my every day life let alone lifting. Once the pain comes I can't sleep, get dressed, wipe my ass, pick up a glass etc etc, Its a constant pain day in and day out every minute of the day.
    On the list for Bannukah

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Working out is a part of my life, but so is, hunting, fishing, trapping, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, road biking, mountain biking, geocaching, wood working and a few other hobbies/passions of mine.

So I reckon I'd have about 5 - 10 extra hours a week to put toward other interests I really enjoy. That time would be easily absorbed in a fun way, I certainly wouldn't be sitting around moping about it. Life goes on....
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would go transgender and reinvent myself as BootyHard.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you considered getting into something physical, but less taxing on your body? Maybe a triathlon like Ironman or something?
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Working out is a part of my life, but so is, hunting, fishing, trapping, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, road biking, mountain biking, geocaching, wood working and a few other hobbies/passions of mine.

So I reckon I'd have about 5 - 10 extra hours a week to put toward other interests I really enjoy. That time would be easily absorbed in a fun way, I certainly wouldn't be sitting around moping about it. Life goes on....
    I wish I could find the things you mentioned interesting but I don't.

But I will agree with your last point, life goes on so I will have to do something..
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    Have you considered getting into something physical, but less taxing on your body? Maybe a triathlon like Ironman or something?
    Never considered it, but can't say its not something I would be interested if I could not lift.

Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    I would go transgender and reinvent myself as BootyHard.
    LOL Bootyhard
    On the list for Bannukah

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess if I couldn't lift anymore, I'd focus more on other fitness related stuff I currently do like jumping rope, running, etc. Maybe join a boxing gym. Otherwise, I really enjoy grilling and cooking. So I'd do more of that.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok my man, get ready for shuffleboard and cards!

LOL I like the bionic thing!

I know this is going to sound conceited but I am all about aesthetics, I can't see myself having a body thats off

The problem is that the pain is so severe it affects my every day life let alone lifting. Once the pain comes I can't sleep, get dressed, wipe my ass, pick up a glass etc etc, Its a constant pain day in and day out every minute of the day.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe boxing or rock climbing.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I guess if I couldn't lift anymore, I'd focus more on other fitness related stuff I currently do like jumping rope, running, etc. Maybe join a boxing gym. Otherwise, I really enjoy grilling and cooking. So I'd do more of that.
    This sounds like what I would do, provided I'm in a position to be able to still do something physical...even if I can't lift. I really enjoy the gym experience and working out. So I'd still go to the gym but I'd do strictly machine cardio while I was there. I would have more OFF days, so I'd probably turn those into days where I learn to cook new foods or something like that. Maybe take my lady to the movies on what would normally be a lifting night.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

Same here, lots of stuff. I started to train for a charity fundraising 200km cycle ride yesterday. I put slicks on my MTB and hit the road and really enjoyed the experience, no mosquitos, ticks or endos deep in the woods to worry about either. I would also like to learn how to swim..properly, and pick up Francais, golf more....too many things.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well, since I get up at 3:30 to work out before work...I’d be staying up a little later and getting up at 5:30 instead.

That (and not visiting this forum) would be the only real change...that and I’d be about 20 pounds skinnier.

I have other hobbies and interests...and never enough hours in the day, so life would still be full.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Go back to self destruction

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd up my drinking, self pleasure, and vices, probably start living a counter culture lifestyle full of risk with utter disregard for my overall health and fitness. At least that is what I'd tell my gym buddies and you guys here who I consider family. The truth of it is I'm not sure I could survive that darkness without it enveloping me. Nothing but the dull and void would remain in my life. I'd probably resort to something drastic to end my hard new reality. Don't read this and feel bad for me, it's my life, my body, my choice to do with as I see fit and even then as I committed to the ultimate sin.

By doing cardio.

Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    I'd up my drinking, self pleasure, and vices, probably start living a counter culture lifestyle full of risk with utter disregard for my overall health and fitness. At least that is what I'd tell my gym buddies and you guys here who I consider family. The truth of it is I'm not sure I could survive that darkness without it enveloping me. Nothing but the dull and void would remain in my life. I'd probably resort to something drastic to end my hard new reality. Don't read this and feel bad for me, it's my life, my body, my choice to do with as I see fit and even then as I committed to the ultimate sin.

By doing cardio.

I'm just glad you don't take things so seriously and you're not dark, at all
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But I will agree with your last point, life goes on so I will have to do something..
    For the most part those aren't sports or hobbies you would see in a concrete jungle. I would get bored pretty fast in an environment like that, I need wide open spaces and the ability to suck clean air.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Same here, lots of stuff. I started to train for a charity fundraising 200km cycle ride yesterday. I put slicks on my MTB and hit the road and really enjoyed the experience, no mosquitos, ticks or endos deep in the woods to worry about either. I would also like to learn how to swim..properly, and pick up Francais, golf more....too many things.
    I hear ya, loud and clear.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well, you can give some of my hobbies a try...perfect for the city...and since your a competitive guy...give historical miniature wargaming a try. Hours and hours of painting 25mm figures into tiny masterpieces, hours of building tiny little terrain features, and hours on a weekend crushing your “friends” army in battle (and hearing the lamentations of thier women)!

Or you can always take up guitar...it’s pretty addictive, and if you get good enough you can jam with other people or even join a band. It’s a little harder starting when your older, but you seem to like a challenge...and it’s not as “nerdy” as the wargaming.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sleep until 0400 instead of 0300. And do everything I do now, except lift.

Probably tighten up the diet a little, even though I down 33lbs since January.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I'm just glad you don't take things so seriously and you're not dark, at all

Sometimes I come off that way but I really I try to stay light hearted, because I don't want to have a heart attack.

and wind up doing Cardio.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

ahhh John I am sorry to hear this I truly am..I was wondering what has been going on with you. I know this is a big part of your life but it is only a part of it yes?

what will you be able to replace it with?