LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quality hex iron dumbbells that won't chip?

Can anyone recommend a brand of iron hex dumbbells that won't chip?

I don't know if they are all made in the same Chinese factory but all the hex dumbbells I see for sale look identical, as if they come from the same place. And all the old hex dumbbells I see are chipped like crazy. I'd like a find a brand of metal hex dumbbells that aren't subject to chipping or peeling. Is there such a thing?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Instead of hexagon maybe go for dodecagon and get some Iron Grips maybe, those are pretty damn nice.
    http://www.irongrip.com/products/dumbbells_ig.asp

LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) LAGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Instead of hexagon maybe go for dodecagon and get some Iron Grips maybe, those are pretty damn nice.
    Those look nice. I'd actually prefer rubber dumbbells, I'm only considering iron because I like to use Platemates and as far as I know, there is nothing like that for rubber dumbbells. Or maybe there is and I just don't know about it? I actually started a different thread about that topic.

If there was something like Platemates for rubber dumbbells I would probably go with rubber.

I know I can use wrist weights but I don't love that idea, I've tried.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LAGear View Post
    I know I can use wrist weights but I don't love that idea, I've tried.
    There are wrist weights for dumbbells, but they seem like too much bother.

Also check out Vulcan's new Pro Hex. More compact than normal hex with lifetime warranty.

http://progressiveweights.com/

https://www.vulcanstrength.com/Vulca...s-p/hxdx-5.htm

tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have generic York rubber coated hex and have no problems with chipping. Been using them for 5 years now.
    The ones you see chipped are probably from weights being dropped and hitting metal lips of equipment (bench feet) or being dropped on the metal lip of the dumbbell rack.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tazithman View Post
    I have generic York rubber coated hex and have no problems with chipping. Been using them for 5 years now.
    The ones you see chipped are probably from weights being dropped and hitting metal lips of equipment (bench feet) or being dropped on the metal lip of the dumbbell rack.
    I have rubber hex Cap dumbells 5-50. Maybe 17-18 years old. No issues.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    http://www.irongrip.com/products/dumbbells_ig.asp
    Iron Grip Urethane are. by far. the nicest dumbells I have ever used.

Guys, thanks for the suggestions but I am specifically asking about iron dumbbells - not rubber or coated dumbbells. I was asking about iron hex dumbbells that won't chip or flake.

Those progressive weights look interesting. That could work but I don't know how much of a hassle they are to put on and take off. Looks like it might be just as cumbersome as using wrist weights. Plus their website states they don't work with most hex dumbbells so if I got rubber hex this still might not be a solution.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LAGear View Post
    Guys, thanks for the suggestions but I am specifically asking about iron dumbbells - not rubber or coated dumbbells. I was asking about iron hex dumbbells that won't chip or flake.

Those progressive weights look interesting. That could work but I don't know how much of a hassle they are to put on and take off. Looks like it might be just as cumbersome as using wrist weights. Plus their website states they don't work with most hex dumbbells so if I got rubber hex this still might not be a solution.
    Iron is not steel. Iron is cheap, and I've never seen a quality finish on iron hex dumbbells.

Steel dumbbells won't chip or flake, but I haven't seen non-rubber-coated hex ones.

Yep. Just came here to see if anyone knew of hex dumbbells with a quality finish that is compatible with platemates and won't chip or flake. I don't think such a product exists.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you considered Prostyle dumbbells?