sid416 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not loosing weight on Keto, help!

Hi all,

I am a 32 year old male, about 5’7, 207 pounds. I’ve been on induction, 20 grams of carbs for a month. First 2 weeks, I lost about 10 pounds. Last 2 weeks I’ve stalled.

I am eating about 1800-2100 cals. 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. I try to avoid bacon/sausage and meats with preservatives due to sugar/hidden carbs.

My concerns/questions are as follows:

1. I am always hungry, even after eating 7-800 calories. After an hour of eating, I am hungry.

2. I am afraid of eating more calories because my thinking is, if there is more food, my body will burn the food instead of the fat in my body. Is this true?

3. Should I eat more calories and feel full? Maybe the hunger is stalling me?

4. My assumption is by starving/being hungry, there is a chance of loosing muscle? Which I don’t want.

Thanks in advance,

Sid

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sid416 View Post
    Hi all,

I am a 32 year old male, about 5’7, 207 pounds. I’ve been on induction, 20 grams of carbs for a month. First 2 weeks, I lost about 10 pounds. Last 2 weeks I’ve stalled.

I am eating about 1800-2100 cals. 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. I try to avoid bacon/sausage and meats with preservatives due to sugar/hidden carbs.

1. I am always hungry, even after eating 7-800 calories. After an hour of eating, I am hungry.

2. I am afraid of eating more calories because my thinking is, if there is more food, my body will burn the food instead of the fat in my body. Is this true?

4. My assumption is by starving/being hungry, there is a chance of loosing muscle? Which I don’t want.

Thanks in advance,

Sid
    Make sure you are accurately tracking your intake and weighing your meats raw or at the least using cooked macro counts if weighing cooked. At those calorie numbers you would be losing weight. As far as hunger, that’s part of dieting and doesn’t mean you are losing muscle. I find hunger is much more manageable on keto. Others find carbs to be more satiating so IMO keto isn’t for everyone. If another method of dieting works better for you, that’s what you should use.

Another thing to try is eat smaller meals. I’m often hungry immediately after one of my meals, which average around 500 cals, and are small in food volume, but within 20 minutes or so I feel satiated. Also you can eat a big mound of steamed broc**** or roasted cauliflower with some meals and get more food bulk if that helps.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    No idea why you would avoid bacon or sausage - I've never heard of hidden carbs. The only hidden carbs are those in the foods when you don't read the labels. Bacon and sausage are staples, my brother! Also, at 5'7" and 207lbs, 1800-2100 cals is maintenance, not deficit. You may lose a pound every few months with that sort of intake. I'm 6' and was about 217 and was consuming about 1500-1700 cals and dropped 30lbs in a few short months. I'm eating more nowadays, but you gotta have a deficit if you plan to lose. The initial weight loss you experienced was probably just water weight by switching to keto. To keep losing, you must have a deficit (so you see the difference?). I highly recommend the ketogenicforums.com - lots of great information and advice over there. Also, 2 Keto Dudes podcast, the Obesisty Code podacast, and Keto Woman podcast.

Keep your head in the game and you'll stay on track.

But yeah, the long and the short of it is that you're eating WAY too much lose weight, even if your macros are perfect. at 5'7", you should probably be about 1500 cals to even think about dropping weight. And don't eat a lot of small meals - combine keto with intermittent fasting and give your body a break from constantly churning out insulin. Good luck!
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by decreebass View Post
    No idea why you would avoid bacon or sausage - I've never heard of hidden carbs. The only hidden carbs are those in the foods when you don't read the labels. Bacon and sausage are staples, my brother! Also, at 5'7" and 207lbs, 1800-2100 cals is maintenance, not deficit. You may lose a pound every few months with that sort of intake. I'm 6' and was about 217 and was consuming about 1500-1700 cals and dropped 30lbs in a few short months. I'm eating more nowadays, but you gotta have a deficit if you plan to lose. The initial weight loss you experienced was probably just water weight by switching to keto. To keep losing, you must have a deficit (so you see the difference?). I highly recommend the ketogenicforums.com - lots of great information and advice over there. Also, 2 Keto Dudes podcast, the Obesisty Code podacast, and Keto Woman podcast.

Keep your head in the game and you'll stay on track.

But yeah, the long and the short of it is that you're eating WAY too much lose weight, even if your macros are perfect. at 5'7", you should probably be about 1500 cals to even think about dropping weight. And don't eat a lot of small meals - combine keto with intermittent fasting and give your body a break from constantly churning out insulin. Good luck!
    You have zero idea what someone's TDEE is based on height. The whole "do IF to keep your body from churning out insulin" is nonsense. Don't post nonsense. 1500 cals is what a female could use for bikini contest prep in many cases, not a 200+lb male.

gymfreak2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    You have zero idea what someone's TDEE is based on height. The whole "do IF to keep your body from churning out insulin" is nonsense. Don't post nonsense. 1500 cals is what a female could use for bikini contest prep in many cases, not a 200+lb male.
    It depends on the lifestyle. If someone is sedentary, they probably may not be in a deficit without dropping to such a low calorie count. The problem is that people don't move enough. I am learning this the hard way. In order for a person to lose weight they must create a deficit either by lowering calories or raising metabolism. Both are hard and take consistency.

Originally Posted by gymfreak2018 View Post
    It depends on the lifestyle. If someone is sedentary, they probably may not be in a deficit without dropping to such a low calorie count. The problem is that people don't move enough. I am learning this the hard way. In order for a person to lose weight they must create a deficit either by lowering calories or raising metabolism. Both are hard and take consistency.
    Well if their lifestyle is comatose, then they might be at their estimated BMR, otherwise it will be higher than that. Thanks for the info I'm pretty new to all this dieting and intake stuff...SMH

I have in the last year been on a transformation, and my metabolism has been jacked. My wife could eat more than me without gainning. I got up to about 250-255lbs and really started buckling down. I am now at 225lbs and working hard. In the beginning my calories had to be kept around 1500 calories to have any noticable difference. I have been hitting the gym and I am beginning to get more flexible with my calories. I don't think you are new and I am sure you know alot more than I, but from being a fat out of shape guy I only know my personal experience.

Originally Posted by gymfreak2018 View Post
    I have in the last year been on a transformation, and my metabolism has been jacked. My wife could eat more than me without gainning. I got up to about 250-255lbs and really started buckling down. I am now at 225lbs and working hard. In the beginning my calories had to be kept around 1500 calories to have any noticable difference . I have been hitting the gym and I am beginning to get more flexible with my calories. I don't think you are new and I am sure you know alot more than I, but from being a fat out of shape guy I only know my personal experience.
    Barring a medical condition, you were simply counting wrong. Are you using a food scale now and ACCURATELY tracking your intake? I started off around 250 and in an untrained state myself. Ive been there.

sparkinggl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Sid
    Hey Sid, well done on being on ketosis for a month! it's not easy! I wonder what kind of food you are eating? I've experienced the feeling of hunger soon after eating a full meal in ketosis before, I found out that it's actually an indication of nutrient deficiencies. I lacked potassium so I loaded up on avocado and that solved the problem for me. There was a really good article that I came across, can't find it now but maybe have a bit of a read to see whether that is your case. Good luck!

Barring a medical condition, you were simply counting wrong. Are you using a food scale now and ACCURATELY tracking your intake? I started off around 250 and in an untrained state myself. Ive been there.
    . I just went by the labels. I am going to do some research about using scales. thanks for the mention.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Though I lack the rep of PP, I stand by what I said. I'm perfectly fine on 1500 or fewer calories when I'm trying to drop weight. Maintenance for me is probably about 1900. I think all these online TDEE & BMR calculators WAY overestimate what someone's TDEE is or how much energy is actually burned just existing (ie no other activity). Besides, you can't even calculate an accurate TDEE without extensive medical testing with labs and whatnot. Height + Weight + Age + Sex + Activity Level can only give a tiny part of the picture. Like I said; 1500-1700 for me as a 200lb 6' male was perfect to lose weight and still feel great. Maybe OP is in my same boat and actually does need to reduce his calorie intake. By suggesting that 1500 calories is only what a lady prepping for a bikini contest would take in is simply asinine. Everyone is different.

I've been a nurse for 10 years and have seen people GAIN weight on what should be a massive deficit in a strictly controlled tube-feeding scenario - it's all an individual experience. There really is no one size fits all, especially with keto; activity, metabolism, age, sex, height, lean weight, supplements, hydration, mood, sleep, circadian rhythm, etc., as well as timing of food intake ALL impacts your weight loss/retention/gain. Insulin is a powerful hormone and absolutely can affect your progress (so yes, food timing DOES matter, and IF may be a good choice for you to break your stall)- but don't take my word for it or any of this other bro science on this nonsense website. Research for yourself.

TLDR: Eat less if you want to lose weight. Use a food scale. Take all this bro science with a grain of salt

Though I lack the rep of PP, I stand by what I said. I'm perfectly fine on 1500 or fewer calories when I'm trying to drop weight. Maintenance for me is probably about 1900. I think all these online TDEE & BMR calculators WAY overestimate what someone's TDEE is or how much energy is actually burned just existing (ie no other activity). Besides, you can't even calculate an accurate TDEE without extensive medical testing with labs and whatnot. Height + Weight + Age + Sex + Activity Level can only give a tiny part of the picture. Like I said; 1500-1700 for me as a 200lb 6' male was perfect to lose weight and still feel great. Maybe OP is in my same boat and actually does need to reduce his calorie intake. By suggesting that 1500 calories is only what a lady prepping for a bikini contest would take in is simply asinine. Everyone is different.

I've been a nurse for 10 years and have seen people GAIN weight on what should be a massive deficit in a strictly controlled tube-feeding scenario - it's all an individual experience. There really is no one size fits all, especially with keto; activity, metabolism, age, sex, height, lean weight, supplements, hydration, mood, sleep, circadian rhythm, etc., as well as timing of food intake ALL impacts your weight loss/retention/gain. Insulin is a powerful hormone and absolutely can affect your progress (so yes, food timing DOES matter, and IF may be a good choice for you to break your stall)- but don't take my word for it or any of this other bro science on this nonsense website. Research for yourself.

TLDR: Eat less if you want to lose weight. Use a food scale. Take all this bro science with a grain of salt
    Tempted to neg for this nonsense. Its pretty simple to track an accurate TDEE, you quantify your intake and its impact on scale weight. If you are eating X number of calories per day and the scale stays the same that is maintenance or your TDEE. Food timing has nothing to do with it, consume fewer calories than you burn and weight loss happens, consume more and weight gain is the outcome. You stand by what you say all you want but its absolutely garbage, and as someone in the medical field you should probably have a better grasp on actual science.

Neg rep all you want, friend. I really don't care about any of that. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree. We're obviously both here to help OP and we've stated our cases. Now it's just a pointless pissing match between two internet strangers.

OP; go here: https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

That's where you'll find the best help and support and information (lots of n=1 research as well, but sometimes that's what helps).

For excellent tips, advice, and the actual biology behind why keto (when done right) works, read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Complete.../dp/1628602821

Neg rep all you want, friend. I really don't care about any of that. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree. We're obviously both here to help OP and we've stated our cases. Now it's just a pointless pissing match between two internet strangers.

OP; go here: https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

That's where you'll find the best help and support and information (lots of n=1 research as well, but sometimes that's what helps).

For excellent tips, advice, and the actual biology behind why keto (when done right) works, read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Complete.../dp/1628602821
    Stay over in your echo chamber then....

Keto works well for me, my energy levels are better and my satiation is better than including carbs. MY TDEE is higher as a result of increased NEAT from having more energy. It is not however magic cand still comes down to a sensible calorie deficit.

repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stay over in your echo chamber then....

Keto works well for me, my energy levels are better and my satiation is better than including carbs. MY TDEE is higher as a result of increased NEAT from having more energy. It is not however magic cand still comes down to a sensible calorie deficit.
    What is your macro percentages? Just curious.
    "Is that really a fukin question? Do you need two hands to count your IQ, or is one enough." - residesinAZ

Originally Posted by repsDTGdaily View Post
    What is your macro percentages? Just curious.
    I don’t use percentages. I have a very detailed log in the keto journals with exact foods etc. I have experimented with higher and lower protein levels and their effect on ketones using blood samples. I prefer higher protein and have been running it about .8 to 1.2g/lb and maintaining mild ketosis, 1-1.5 mmol/L BHB. I feel better with higher protein intake. See log for specific details.

neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100) neckofrock is not very well liked. (-100)
    what worked for me is cutting down the calories drastically, call me crazy but, what works, works

repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don’t use percentages. I have a very detailed log in the keto journals with exact foods etc. I have experimented with higher and lower protein levels and their effect on ketones using blood samples. I prefer higher protein and have been running it about .8 to 1.2g/lb and maintaining mild ketosis, 1-1.5 mmol/L BHB. I feel better with higher protein intake. See log for specific details.
    was just curious. I'm about where you are with protein. I've recently upped my caloric intake because I started feeling like **** when my weight loss slowed down. I was really trying to find my maintenance intake for a while so my overall intake has increased by about 2800 cals per week from what i was cutting on. Current weight is 172~ and protein intake is 166-170. Its been great overall
    "Is that really a fukin question? Do you need two hands to count your IQ, or is one enough." - residesinAZ

was just curious. I'm about where you are with protein. I've recently upped my caloric intake because I started feeling like **** when my weight loss slowed down. I was really trying to find my maintenance intake for a while so my overall intake has increased by about 2800 cals per week from what i was cutting on. Current weight is 172~ and protein intake is 166-170. Its been great overall
    I don't think a little extra protein is a bad thing at all in a deficit, especially when training hard. I think if you want the "therapeutic/medical" benefits I'd lower protein to around 120g/day but this works well for me and I feel good.

Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    https://imgur.com/a/2UxPNbA this is what you want. yw

I don't think a little extra protein is a bad thing at all in a deficit, especially when training hard. I think if you want the "therapeutic/medical" benefits I'd lower protein to around 120g/day but this works well for me and I feel good.
    Where abouts are you with net carbs? At my current intake i'm 40+/-5 g

Where abouts are you with net carbs? At my current intake i'm 40+/-5 g
    I don't really track them honestly . When I have calculated them they are usually pretty low, less than 30g/day Net carbs. I look at them more closely if I am trying to fit in a low carb flax wrap pizza thing or something like that but my only carb sources are typically spinach, spring mix greens, bro-collie, cauliflower and a tiny bit of veg in my homemade avocado OIL Giardiniera. I pretty much don't eat anything with any real starch content. I'll eventually try some PO wo carbs such as plain greek yogurt with whey and blueberries and maybe 20g oats mixed in, and increase my veg to include Brussels sprouts, etc.

Here are a couple typical days of what I eat from my keto log....

M1 7:00am
    3 eggs over 4oz turkey sausage crumbles
    430 cals / 44g pro / 29g fat

M2 11:00am (1025c/94p/67f)
    8oz salmon, 238g roasted cauliflower
    595 cals / 50g pro / 38g fat

M3 2:30pm (1575c/138p/102f)
    5oz (cooked) chkn b, 90g guacamole + pork rinds
    550 cals / 44g pro / 35g fat

M4 5:30pm (2300c/204p/145f)
    10oz top sirloin Steak and 300g bro-collie with 14g ghee butter
    725cals / 66g pro / 43g fat

--------------
    3 eggs, 4oz turkey sausage crumbles, 21g mozz cheese
    490 cals / 49g pro / 33g fat

M2 10:00am (990c/95p/67f)
    6oz top sirloin, 1oz Giardiniera
    500 cals / 46g pro / 34g fat

* Lunch walk 60 min / 4.25 mi

M3:30pm (1505c/135p/93f)
    4.5oz salad, 5oz grilled chkn thighs, 2oz Giardiniera & 30 ml vinaigrette
    515 cals /40g pro / 26g fat

M4 4:30pm (2180c/201p/132f)
    10oz Salmon, 300g bro-collie
    675 cals /66g pro / 39g fat

M4+(2355c/206p/147f)
    1oz Almonds
    175cals / 6g fat / 15g fat

I don't really track them honestly . When I have calculated them they are usually pretty low, less than 30g/day Net carbs. I look at them more closely if I am trying to fit in a low carb flax wrap pizza thing or something like that but my only carb sources are typically spinach, spring mix greens, bro-collie, cauliflower and a tiny bit of veg in my homemade avocado OIL Giardiniera. I pretty much don't eat anything with any real starch content. I'll eventually try some PO wo carbs such as plain greek yogurt with whey and blueberries and maybe 20g oats mixed in, and increase my veg to include Brussels sprouts, etc.

Here are a couple typical days of what I eat from my keto log....

3 eggs over 4oz turkey sausage crumbles
    430 cals / 44g pro / 29g fat

M2 11:00am (1025c/94p/67f)
    8oz salmon, 238g roasted cauliflower
    595 cals / 50g pro / 38g fat

M3 2:30pm (1575c/138p/102f)
    5oz (cooked) chkn b, 90g guacamole + pork rinds
    550 cals / 44g pro / 35g fat

M4 5:30pm (2300c/204p/145f)
    10oz top sirloin Steak and 300g bro-collie with 14g ghee butter
    725cals / 66g pro / 43g fat

--------------
    3 eggs, 4oz turkey sausage crumbles, 21g mozz cheese
    490 cals / 49g pro / 33g fat

M2 10:00am (990c/95p/67f)
    6oz top sirloin, 1oz Giardiniera
    500 cals / 46g pro / 34g fat

* Lunch walk 60 min / 4.25 mi

M3:30pm (1505c/135p/93f)
    4.5oz salad, 5oz grilled chkn thighs, 2oz Giardiniera & 30 ml vinaigrette
    515 cals /40g pro / 26g fat

M4 4:30pm (2180c/201p/132f)
    10oz Salmon, 300g bro-collie
    675 cals /66g pro / 39g fat

M4+(2355c/206p/147f)
    1oz Almonds
    175cals / 6g fat / 15g fat
    Goddamn man lowest I was since I started tracking was 2600. I felt pretty damn hungry all the time. Even at 2900 I was feeling sluggish and lethargic but my body fat is already low so I upped the cals again. I'm tracking through mfp and right now at 3100 cals and I think this might be at maintenance. Giving myself 2 weeks on this to see where my weight goes. Currently at 170g protein, 250g fat, 40g carbs.

Your protein is hella high so I am guessing your body is converting some of that to glucose for you. But your carbs are less than 30 so I see where you're saying you're in mild keto.

When do you go to the gym? I go to the gym early in the morning. My first big meal is noon so prior to that, I do 1 tbsp of MCT C8 oil pre-workout, and then a green smoothie post workout with a bit of fish meat for protein.

Breakdown of post-workout for me is half a can of tuna which amounts to about 7g of protein. Shake includes 2 tbsp cacao powder, 1/2 tsp stevia, 100g spinach leaves, 50g portobella mushroom, 2 oz broc****, and water. Blend into a smoothie. It takes like dark chocolate and I can barely taste the green part of that smoothie, which amazes me since it is loaded. Comes out to 16g protein (w/ the tuna), 21g carbs (11g net carbs), 4g of fat. That is around 8 am and my 1st big meal is at 11:30 am
    Last edited by repsDTGdaily; 05-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Goddamn man lowest I was since I started tracking was 2600. I felt pretty damn hungry all the time. Even at 2900 I was feeling sluggish and lethargic but my body fat is already low so I upped the cals again. I'm tracking through mfp and right now at 3100 cals and I think this might be at maintenance. Giving myself 2 weeks on this to see where my weight goes. Currently at 170g protein, 250g fat, 40g carbs.

Your protein is hella high so I am guessing your body is converting some of that to glucose for you. But your carbs are less than 30 so I see where you're saying you're in mild keto.

When do you go to the gym? I go to the gym early in the morning. My first big meal is noon so prior to that, I do 1 tbsp of MCT C8 oil pre-workout, and then a green smoothie post workout with a bit of fish meat for protein.

Breakdown of post-workout for me is half a can of tuna which amounts to about 7g of protein. Shake includes 2 tbsp cacao powder, 1/2 tsp stevia, 100g spinach leaves, 50g portobella mushroom, 2 oz broc****, and water. Blend into a smoothie. It takes like dark chocolate and I can barely taste the green part of that smoothie, which amazes me since it is loaded. Comes out to 16g protein (w/ the tuna), 21g carbs (11g net carbs), 4g of fat. That is around 8 am and my 1st big meal is at 11:30 am
    Ya I’ve made myself used to true hunger when dieting with carbs, so it’s pretty managble for me now. I’m being pretty aggressive I’m down about 40lbs from January and pretty lean right now. Should be in single digits by late June early July. My glucose levels run around 75-85 which is pretty low. As far as protein conversion that is on demand and you need glucose for some things, so it will either come from protein, some fatty acids or skeletal muscle in the absence of carbs. I’d prefer it not to come from muscle. I train at 5am fasted. Shake sounds pretty good. I just eat a big mound of bro-collie with dinner. Love it.

More detailed diet and training approach ITT. More bloods in prior pages.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1551699981

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Neg rep all you want, friend. I really don't care about any of that.
    ... Said the person in the red.

The rep system is here for a reason, so n00bs can know to ignore reds like you.

If you think a 200lb male won't lose weight on 1800 who isn't literally just lying in bed all day then you've issues to be worked out elsewhere.

LMAO. No.

You greatly underestimate the value of the rep system. It takes YEARS of consistent, dedicated, hard work, alongside a vast knowledge and experience pool to get close to 100k reps... Especially if they don't hang out in misc...

It doesn't just happen "happen"

His word GREATLY > your word.

Sure, RP isn't everything, and logical fallacies abound, but for basic concepts like THIS conversation, you aren't gonna see any reds with useful information compared to greens that high. The same way no reds will have any new useful training tips compared to a mod.

You say "you don't care about that stuff" and that is why you got negged. When you see someone around here with a decent reputation like that you are supposed to take pause for a minute and maybe consider that your wrong... since the whole part of the community is to learn and contribute.

If you want to disagree, that's fine, but showing a callous disregard for the system that everyone in the community abides by is no way to contribute meaningfully.
    Last edited by fluidZ; 05-25-2018 at 11:36 PM.

kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kesaber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Sid
    Try intermittent fasting