seanburkey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stopping Keto for a week!!! In need of urgent advice

I'm 28y old I've been eating keto for 5 months and lost a serious amount of weight and feel better. Not one cheat meal or a bad carb from snacks. I'm going to America next Tuesday for 10 days and spending 7 of them in New Orleans. I want to indulge in food. Gumbo Poboys fast food cheetos fizzy drinks and plenty of sugary American alcohol drinks. I know it sounds bad all those carbs and sugars but 5 months strict keto I need this break for my holiday. How badly will it affect my body. I don't wanna go out on the first night and next day I'm like 10lbs heavier and bloated. I don't mind gaining a few lbs once it doesn't show. I'll be back keto once I'm home

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by seanburkey View Post
    I'm 28y old I've been eating keto for 5 months and lost a serious amount of weight and feel better. Not one cheat meal or a bad carb from snacks. I'm going to America next Tuesday for 10 days and spending 7 of them in New Orleans. I want to indulge in food. Gumbo Poboys fast food cheetos fizzy drinks and plenty of sugary American alcohol drinks. I know it sounds bad all those carbs and sugars but 5 months strict keto I need this break for my holiday. How badly will it affect my body. I don't wanna go out on the first night and next day I'm like 10lbs heavier and bloated. I don't mind gaining a few lbs once it doesn't show. I'll be back keto once I'm home
    You will probably gain 10 lbs of water weight and glycogen, but you shouldn’t be stepping on a scale on vacation anyway. Enjoy the food. It is NOTHING in the grande scheme. You can’t eat enough in a week that would set you back too far. Don’t give it a second thought. Enjoy good food, drinks, and music. Watch out for gators.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Completely agree with PP. Just go for it - have fun, don't worry about it. Hit keto back up when you get home! Welcome to America

PS: I have a cheat day every week, so I admire your discipline!
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!

Stockyandlazy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by seanburkey View Post
    I'm from the states. Moved to Australia and the biggest thing I miss is the beef. Some of the best food we have there is the beef! Just every now and then eat a steak and veg. Or some ribs (and pretend bbq sauce isnt on it). And dont worry about it. The meat is good enough to not even care youre eating keto.

But while youre there and while youre cheating.... get a chick-fi-a sandwich. Get some tacos from a run down taco place with an old mexican lady cooking. Get some bbq (ribs, pulled pork, or burnt ends preferably). Definitely get some poboys and gumbo if youre going to new orleans. Oh and crawfish while youre down there.

Youve kicked ass and you deserve this! Its not even a big deal dont sweat it.