Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation Avengers: Infinity War discussion (SPOILERS)

This is a spoiler-allowed discussion for the movie. Saw it last night. Had potato seats, will likely check it out again.

If there is already another thread for this, I'll delete.

Note: This is a SPOILER thread

You do not need to cover anything with spoiler tags.

BE WARNED and leave now if you don't want to be spoiled accidentally.
    Last edited by JUSA; 04-27-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There were a couple last night but they were spoiler free threads.

But what really is there to discuss? The movie was balls to the wall intense, I mean, it starts out from 0-100 right at the opening.

"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good."

"I...I don't want to go Mr. Stark."

" I'm sorry, I....I'm sorry."

that scene in particular tore me up, and I didn't really like his stupid solo movie.

Actually, there is one thing worth discussing;

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Maestro; 04-27-2018 at 06:59 AM.

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Great overall for a marvel film. Probably 9/10 overall

Things I didn’t like:
    Spoiler!
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, so I thought this was maybe a perfect movie. I really enjoyed the last Thor, but rewatching it, the comedy is just a little too thick. As good a movie as it was, it never really struck a balance between the jokes and the heavier emotional themes.

Somehow, Infinity War struck a perfect balance there. I laughed at most of the jokes, some were really great -- but I also felt the weight of the more tragic elements of the movie. Thor's speech to Rocket was just heart-breaking. That dude lost everything over the past couple movies.

I think I'm ready for RDJ to move on. He was solid as always but I think after this, if he's gone, it won't be the end of the world. The MCU is ready to go on post-Iron Man.

I skipped the post-credit scene, I read what it was. I really hope they don't try to shoe-horn Captain Marvel in as some McGuffin Savior at the last minute. Please, please, please don't overly feminize the MCU and **** it up like they did to Star Wars. Plus, having some unknown character come out of nowhere to save the day, woman or not, would come off as unearned. However they deal with the cliff hanger, it needs to be a group effort.

Curious what everyone else though. Did anyone not like it?
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    who ended up dying? I won't watch this until DVD release and I'm not invested in the franchise, just curious.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>

happy new years bitch yochrisss's Avatar
    yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    There were a couple last night but they were spoiler free threads.

But what really is there to discuss? The movie was balls to the wall intense, I mean, it starts out from 0-100 right at the opening.

"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good."

"I...I don't want to go Mr. Stark."

" I'm sorry, I....I'm sorry."

that scene in particular tore me up, and I didn't really like his stupid solo movie.

Actually, there is one thing worth discussing;

Spoiler!
    Bruh this part had me in the feels.

This movie was the best Marvel movie to date, hands down. Definitely seeing it again
    only misc at work crew

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bartosh View Post
    Great overall for a marvel film. Probably 9/10 overall

Things I didn’t like:
    Spoiler!

The Starlord part make sense. Strange saw the one outcome they win and if Starlord doing that interfered he would have stopped him. Everything is happening as it was supposed to, including Thanos getting the stones.
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    who ended up dying? I won't watch this until DVD release and I'm not invested in the franchise, just curious.
    All the guardians of the galaxy other than nebula
    Black panther & crew
    Samuel l Jackson
    Dr strange
    Spider-Man
    Scarlet witch
    Vision
    Some of those characters nobody cares about like falcon

Thor/hulk/iron man, captain America survive off the top of my head
    MS, Computer Science

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IT was kinda like the Empire Strikes Back of the Avengers movies.

God, I'll probably miss a few just because so many people die.

Loki dies immediately. Gamora dies. Vision dies, is reborn, then dies again. Several of the bad guys die throughout. Star Lord, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Groot, Drax, Mantis, Spider-Man and Dr. Strange all die. Probably a few others I forgot.

Black panther & crew
    Samuel l Jackson
    Dr strange
    Spider-Man
    Scarlet witch
    Vision

Yeah, that sounds right.

WTF, though... movie Falcon is cool. I've loved him since Winter Solider, loved him in Civil War. Great character.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    The Starlord part make sense. Strange saw the one outcome they win and if Starlord doing that interfered he would have stopped him. Everything is happening as it was supposed to, including Thanos getting the stones.
    Yeah makes sense. He made a point to say it’s the only way

Sucks because dr strange has more acting talent than the rest of the crew combined
    MS, Computer Science

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post

Somehow, Infinity War struck a perfect balance there. I laughed at most of the jokes, some were really great
    The squidward quip at the beginning of the movie was the one of the funnies jokes in all of the marvel movies IMO, it was just a quick little hilarious jab.

God, I'll probably miss a few just because so many people die.

Loki dies immediately. Gamora dies. Vision dies, is reborn, then dies again. Several of the bad guys die throughout. Star Lord, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Groot, Drax, Mantis, Spider-Man and Dr. Strange all die. Probably a few others I forgot.

Yeah, that sounds right.

WTF, though... movie Falcon is cool. I've loved him since Winter Solider, loved him in Civil War. Great character.
    He’s not a “bad” character. There’s just such an incredibly high over saturation of heroes that if you’re not the main focus, you’re overshadowed imo. But there’s no solution to that because there’s like 20-30 heroes to cover
    MS, Computer Science

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Black panther & crew
    Samuel l Jackson
    Dr strange
    Spider-Man
    Scarlet witch
    Vision

Spider-Man is getting a sequel. That was announced right after Homecoming came out. lol.

There's no planned sequel for Dr. Strange even though his movie had a post-credit scene that alluded to one.

Kevin Fiege said that he wants Ryan Coogler to return to direct a Black Panther sequel and won't make one unless he returns.

James Gunn already announced that he's returning to write and direct GOTG Vol 3 and a post-credit scene alluded to that.

So obviously Thanos snap was not effective.

Spoiler!

Also, laughed the hardest when little Tyrion comes in as a gigantic dwarf. Highlight of the movie

Most emotional moment was thanos killing gamora. Really hit me in the feels
    Close second was Spider-Man dying. That was a dough watch as he grasped to iron man, begged not to die then apologized
    MS, Computer Science

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    Spider-Man is getting a sequel. That was announced right after Homecoming came out. lol.

There's no planned sequel for Dr. Strange even though his movie had a post-credit scene that alluded to one.

Kevin Fiege said that he wants Ryan Coogler to return to direct a Black Panther sequel and won't make one unless he returns.

James Gunn already announced that he's returning to write and direct GOTG Vol 3 and a post-credit scene alluded to that.

So obviously Thanos snap was not effective.
    I mean obviously theyl come back but for the fine being they’re “out”. Plus movies can be pre-infinity war
    MS, Computer Science

The squidward quip at the beginning of the movie was the one of the funnies jokes in all of the marvel movies IMO, it was just a quick little hilarious jab.
    Yeah, the audience I was with blew up on that one. It got nowhere near the reaction but I also liked the Kevin Bacon joke with Thor and the Guardians, with Thor being like, "Yeah I don't know, maybe he's an Avenger now, I haven't checked in with those guys in awhile".

Thor, overall, was just a great character in this one. The stuff with the star dragged a tiny bit, but I loved pretty much every scene he was in.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Repped all you guys who filled me in.

Damn! Was not expecting a blood bath like that! Pretty wild.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>

happy new years bitch yochrisss's Avatar
    yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, the audience I was with blew up on that one. It got nowhere near the reaction but I also liked the Kevin Bacon joke with Thor and the Guardians, with Thor being like, "Yeah I don't know, maybe he's an Avenger now, I haven't checked in with those guys in awhile".

Thor, overall, was just a great character in this one. The stuff with the star dragged a tiny bit, but I loved pretty much every scene he was in.
    My audience was awesome. We were all clapping when something bad ass happened, like after Thor makes the axe and he drops down everyone went crazy.
    only misc at work crew

Probably a few others I forgot.

Yeah, that sounds right.
    Spoiler!

Obviously Korg and Valkyrie dies ...

Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Noahbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    why did i enter this thread

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Noahbro View Post
    why did i enter this thread
    You wanted to

HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    did not read any posts itt just wanted to say i will be watching it in about an hour fuk i am so pumped
    Houston Sign Stealers
    DEMECO RYANS HC CREW
    Ugly Ass Mf Crew
    Manlet Crew
    Texas Crew
    just be yourself
    just have confidence

XOTWOD CREW

quick question;

Was Ebony Maw (the guy that kidnaps Dr. Strange) using Magic or was he using telekinetic powers? They called him a wizard a couple of times, but there was no indication that he was using Magic.

I mean obviously theyl come back but for the fine being they’re “out”. Plus movies can be pre-infinity war
    The current timeline of events before Infinity War 2 is that the Ant Man movie this summer take place after Civil War, but before the events in this movie, and Captain Marvels solo movie coming out next March, but takes place in the 90's so its well before the Avengers were even formed.

another line I didn't quite catch;
    Spoiler!

TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    quick question;

Was Ebony Maw (the guy that kidnaps Dr. Strange) using Magic or was he using telekinetic powers? They called him a wizard a couple of times, but there was no indication that he was using Magic.
    In Comics it's Magic
    ****Bringing sixy back in 2019****
    6'6" 666lbs......str8 sixy!

Who Tests God and Does Not Wager Their Lives?

quick question;

I don't have comic knowledge here, I stopped reading before most of you were born, but he looked like a very powerful TK guy. I didn't see any magic from him (although it looked like Thanos was casting a spell when he used the time stone). Comics Thanos I know has mystic powers/knowledge in addition to his tech knowledge and mutant Eternal mojo.

I liked Maw. Total classic Cocky Heel. He blasted Strange with a one-liner, mocking his magic. Made me think he wasn't using it himself (as when it comes to magic, Strange is top-tier. No other magic user would mock him there)

Hawkeye and Antman - I caught that line.

They "took a deal" with the Government after Civil War, so they weren't on the run with Cap and his crew. Clint because of his family, they said the same of Scott. So they're off doing some Suicide-Squad-Light **** somewhere, I guess. Both should be back for 4, I heard.

- Arthur Schopenhauer