Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The thing is that it isn't special to have a bachelor's anymore. More and more people have access to college so it's just isn't something that makes you stand out. My dad always told me that the bachelor's degree will become the high school diploma and he was right. I have a STEM degree but went into the military as an officer which is a good living as you promote. Once I separated I had experience which trumps all. Now, I know people with PhDs in physics, top shelf people in terms of brain power, who had to wait quite a while to find good employment. Point is, the job market is a strange place and most companies hire from within. Your network and experience is BY FAR the two most important aspects of getting a good job.
    Last edited by deepfat; 04-24-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    *SillieBazzillie isn't that bad of a guy Crew*
    *STEM Master Race*
    *Fly Navy Crew*
    *Always Pick 5 Crew*
    *STL Cardinals/Blues/MIZ-ZOU Crew*

harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can agree. I get my college for free, but even going through school for a business major has been a waste of time. Switching to STEM (either mechanical or computer engineering) at the beginning of next school year. Too many people jump into majors for degrees that have next to no ROI, and whatever jobs they do get typically aren’t directly related to their field, so it’s just a filler to pay off their crippling debt. I don’t think college is totally useless, but more people need to consider trades. (Coming from someone who’s the only college student in a family of tradies making more money than me)
    |USAF K9 Crew|
    |Patriarch Crew|
    |Garage Gym Crew|

Squat: 475 (sleeves)
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 485
    Snatch: 195
    C&J: 245

pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by acr70 View Post
    Might just be me but it’s cringing Af. 90% of the time the person is going for a worthless degree they won’t finish = debt or finish worthless degree= debt still and that’s when they find out the worthlessness of it when they can’t find job or it doesn’t pay a lot . BUT if your striving to be a doctor, vet, teacher etc that’s different because of the type of job.

Lmao at this brainwashed world we live in . In 1980 a degree was something to be proud of and could get you a job easily in any field... it’s 2018 lmao just no.

Sorry for the rant it just pisses me off seeing my peers going to school because of the dumbass parents or they think it’s a ticket to riches.

I learned a trade and have 0 debt. Making 80k a year with no degree . Life’s good. I’m a little tipsy so excuse any typos
    Oh look its this thread AGAIN.

wouldnt be the misc if it didnt appear daily.

If I send you a carton of marlboro reds, a 24 pack of mountain dew and a box of slim jims, will you crawl back into your tradie hole and never post again?
    Reps to all BJJ/grappling/MMA bros.

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, you retarded or what?

Most college students are NOT in college for a useless degree. In fact, the overwhelming majority are business/STEM dominated. The "useless degree" crew is a small, but very vocal, group. Some of the "useless degree" crew go onto grad school, making the actual number even lower. You listen to too much conservative radio.

You're cringing because you never got the privilege of receiving an education, which is very unfortunate. Education is one of the most important things in the world, and most have been spoiled rotten with privilege to the point where they forget this and take it for granted.

You know where all the stem vs tradies jokes come from? It comes from the STEM brahs on here, who adjusted to working with educated people, who all of a sudden work with people who haven't received an education and are surprised as **** at how different things are. Education is also the leading predictor to a long life.
    http://www.iiasa.ac.at/web/home/abou...bede-life.html

Also, to clarify, my sister is philosophy crew. She got interviews at the top 5 companies in the world (think Google, Microsoft, etc.), starting salary 125k, significantly above any STEMcels ITT. How did she do this? Because she's a driven person who took every opportunity she possibly could, worked really hard, got REALLY good at what she was doing, and got recognized for it. Her reading comprehension skills are insane, and her writing skills are extremely valuable.

The degree doesn't make the person, the drive does. Driven people will succeed, no matter what degree they pursue. I teach STEM courses part time, and some of my most intelligent students haven't been Physics, Math, or Chemistry majors. They were Sociology, Philosophy, and Psychology.

I highly recommend you change your view on education, and consider enrolling yourself in some CC classes. Or maybe facilitate your own learning via Khan Academy. Keep an open mind. Education will teach you how to think.
    Last edited by RainingBlood; 04-24-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew

CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CulturalDecay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acr70 View Post
    Might just be me but it’s cringing Af. 90% of the time the person is going for a worthless degree they won’t finish = debt or finish worthless degree= debt still and that’s when they find out the worthlessness of it when they can’t find job or it doesn’t pay a lot . BUT if your striving to be a doctor, vet, teacher etc that’s different because of the type of job.

Lmao at this brainwashed world we live in . In 1980 a degree was something to be proud of and could get you a job easily in any field... it’s 2018 lmao just no.

Sorry for the rant it just pisses me off seeing my peers going to school because of the dumbass parents or they think it’s a ticket to riches.

I learned a trade and have 0 debt. Making 80k a year with no degree . Life’s good. I’m a little tipsy so excuse any typos
    Look, every situation requires a different breakdown as to college being worth it or not.

Have no direction in life, and are going to college because it's "what I'm supposed to do" - then LOL @ you and your future debts for worthless degree.

Studying REAL subjects which lead to white-collar professional jobs? Doctor, lawyer, any STEM field, architect, nursing, finance, etc - 100% worth it, but still, do your best to keep debt as low as possible.

That's honestly about it - the rest of the degrees are bloated BS that don't actually EDUCATE you and train you for a specific career path, it's just "getting the piece of paper" which in 2018, is pretty worthless.

Much better off doing what OP did, skip college, REALLY work hard and dedicate yourself to a trade, have no debt, SAVE SAVE SAVE your money for a nice down payment on a house by your late 20's....you are way ahead of the game.

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only 4% of individuals who didn't complete college make that much where one in four that have bachelors do. Try again, op.

http://graphics.wsj.com/what-percent/

You're inversely wrong lol. Not that you understand what that means lol.
    Boycott foodservice industry crew

mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's all a big scam

only way it's worth it is if you can get someone else to pay for it, either through scholarships or an employer

i remember busting my arse through college, working part time while maintaining a good GPA, while many others just partied their arses off for useless degrees, acquired debt, and wonder why I got a better, higher paying job right out of school while they were still working retail after graduating.

wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wickedman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    College is a scam. Is in no way justifiable the amount it costs regardless of what you are going into.
    #FreeCryptoBandit

ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    I am that person who went in for worthless degree. I was young. I was pressured heavily to pick anything and get this college thing over with. I think that's the case for most of those who make the wrong decision. They dong think about the future but the four years of fun. I learned my lesson the hard way and had to go back to school for something I finally was interested in and which is practical (IT). 10 years ago I wouldn't even entertain the idea because I was young and stupid. Like most of the kids are.
    I agree with you. I got lucky that I was always kind of a computer nerd and so the choice was obvious to me. I have friends who went into criminal justice or some random major because they didn't know what to do and ofcourse got burned for it.

I originally wanted to be a game developer, but then I learned they were underpaid and work like 100 hours a week.

And so I went into a computer engineering field, lol

RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mchabs View Post
    it's all a big scam

only way it's worth it is if you can get someone else to pay for it, either through scholarships or an employer

i remember busting my arse through college, working part time while maintaining a good GPA, while many others just partied their arses off for useless degrees, acquired debt, and wonder why I got a better, higher paying job right out of school while they were still working retail after graduating.
    Are you telling me that serious students, who are serious about their studies, end up with serious jobs and serious money?

Shocker. Maybe some of the retarded sorority and fraternity *******s can take notes.
    Originally Posted by wickedman View Post
    College is a scam. Is in no way justifiable the amount it costs regardless of what you are going into.
    Education is not a scam, but college tuition is.
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew

rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rgb159 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe college is good only if you become like a doctor, lawyer, pharmacist, engineer. Other than that you get a huge debt.

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still worth for stem brahs though. So what if you got loans, you're making 6 figures within a couple years if not immediately..

I'm about to go back to college. I got 30 something units just chillin there.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ssilv View Post
    Yeah he works his fkn ass off and has to show up for work every single day. He's living in a 1% house when he doesn't make nearly the hourly amount the 1% make. Sounds like strong cope to me.

Some people spend their lives trying to catch up to others who don't even have to try.
    i'm not sure what part of 5 seconds of exertion every couple minutes makes it seem like he's working his fkn ass off.
    i also said he lives in a 1% neighborhood; in his town for instance, houses range from 300k to 16 million (16 million is obviously mega mansions on lake michigan), but the schools are the same.

so he's not catching up with anyone; pretty sure he owes less on his house than the millionaire, if not owning it outright.
    also, not sure what cubecel job you don't have to show up every day; even warren buffet has to go to work every day.

also, give me an example of some "who don't even have to try" that are well off. while at it, give me a name of a person who made it in life cubecelling. i'm talking making 150k a year at age 25 (which is how old his colleauges are).

while i don't deny the fact that there are many wealthy people out there, most of them made it through hustling, work, some luck, and unique skillsets. none of those are taught in college, which are basically degree factories.

if you are financially savvy and can make money work for you, what difference does it make if you make it editing spreadsheets or nailing shyt to a wall? if you have no kids, no overwhelming debt (such as student loans)....you can easily be a millionaire in under 10 yrs as a tradie.

the trappings of life, such as alcohol & tobacco absue, etc. are not unique to tradies. we all know people who hide a whiskey bottle in their work drawer.

but if you are brainwashed by the "college is the only road to success" mantra, have at it. no immigrant to america has ever made it without a college degree.

LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    90% of kids go to college to drink and party, not learn. Doesn’t surprise me with this generation of kids though, it’s all about social media “likes”. Sad!

ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ssilv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PatheticPeter View Post
    i'm not sure what part of 5 seconds of exertion every couple minutes makes it seem like he's working his fkn ass off.
    i also said he lives in a 1% neighborhood; in his town for instance, houses range from 300k to 16 million (16 million is obviously mega mansions on lake michigan), but the schools are the same.

so he's not catching up with anyone; pretty sure he owes less on his house than the millionaire, if not owning it outright.
    also, not sure what cubecel job you don't have to show up every day; even warren buffet has to go to work every day.

also, give me an example of some "who don't even have to try" that are well off. while at it, give me a name of a person who made it in life cubecelling. i'm talking making 150k a year at age 25 (which is how old his colleauges are).

while i don't deny the fact that there are many wealthy people out there, most of them made it through hustling, work, some luck, and unique skillsets. none of those are taught in college, which are basically degree factories.

if you are financially savvy and can make money work for you, what difference does it make if you make it editing spreadsheets or nailing shyt to a wall? if you have no kids, no overwhelming debt (such as student loans)....you can easily be a millionaire in under 10 yrs as a tradie.

the trappings of life, such as alcohol & tobacco absue, etc. are not unique to tradies. we all know people who hide a whiskey bottle in their work drawer.

but if you are brainwashed by the "college is the only road to success" mantra, have at it. no immigrant to america has ever made it without a college degree.
    I'm not hating on the guys hustle at all. I know a guy who worked a lot as a tradie, started his own company, and now runs every major project in the town I'm by. College isn't necessary for success. Actually I'd say college makes most people settle down in their positions. 150k per year at age 25 is likely to turn out to much less due to spending habits.. just like your guy with his $48/hr and 1% neighborhood. Also if you have a 300k house surrounded by 8, 10, 16mil houses thats some serious cope.
    6'2" | 257lbs

Progress, Not Perfection.

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by arn710 View Post
    Oh look, another tradie cope, college bashing thread. How original!

lmao @ you claiming to make 80k. You don't even make half that.
    This
    Follow my IG @kaseyx_music and listen to me on Spotify

Buy my sticker: kaseyx.bigcartel.com

ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by desireduser**** View Post
    reps on recharge op. Just hit a hundo without a bachelors
    Originally Posted by desireduser**** View Post
    thx brah. In the it field and my title is deputy linux systems administrator. Lots of yt and misc when i'm not doing installs
    rhce?

Originally Posted by LiveOnce View Post
    90% of kids go to college to drink and party, not learn. Doesn’t surprise me with this generation of kids though, it’s all about social media “likes”. Sad!
    You know that less than 10% of college students are part of greek life, right? If you're not in greek life, you're going to have a hard time getting into parties.

The overwhelming majority of students do not just "drink and party".

Get your old geezer ass outta here. Strong grasping at straw to hate on "this generation of kids" lmao.
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew

Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From a financial standpoint, only go to college if your degree is STEM or maybe business.

From a societal standpoint, all you dumb fuk tradies should be forced to attend a couple years purely for the knowledge. Maybe we wouldn’t have half the country rejecting biological evolution and climate change. Informed voters that understood the importance of funding science would move this country forward.

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are 100% right, and I say this as a ******* who spent way too much time in school.

CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Reliance012 View Post
    From a financial standpoint, only go to college if your degree is STEM or maybe business.

From a societal standpoint, all you dumb fuk tradies should be forced to attend a couple years purely for the knowledge. Maybe we wouldn’t have half the country rejecting biological evolution and climate change. Informed voters that understood the importance of funding science would move this country forward.
    I have a degree in biology from UNC and believe that evolution isn’t real, dinosaurs didn’t exist, and climate change happens to the earth naturally. Does that rustle you?

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CBY7 View Post
    I have a degree in biology from UNC and believe that evolution isn’t real, dinosaurs didn’t exist, and climate change happens to the earth naturally. Does that rustle you?
    You're a red and don't matter.

Originally Posted by Reliance012 View Post
    Alternate perspective: fix high school so people don't graduate potato.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100) CBY7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post
    You're a red and don't matter.

Alternate perspective: fix high school so people don't graduate potato.
    Your post to rep ratio is terrible lol. I’ll ruin it further when I get on my real account later.

Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mortis1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Going for CS bachelor here, second year. It all feels so ****ing pointless. I'm from Europe so I'm not really incurring any debt while paying for the semesters, but being bored as hell and the fact that I feel I'm spending my money on the wind is bringing me down big time. At the same time I don't want to quite because the prospect of wasting 2 years of my life and so much money paying for these semesters is daunting.

I just hope that degree is worth it. I have no idea why college is even required for high paying jobs. You can learn most of what they teach you there at home anyway. If you're good enough, it shouldn't matter.

PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PimpinisEasy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did engineering. Boring subject but lots of opportunities.

PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PisseninMisc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Found of clip of Alpha as fuk OP confronting one of those cringy "wanna go to college" kids:

*** Dawn Patrol Crew ***

Rustle me = get repped

Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dezzimin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People are becoming aware of this and there's definitely a growing push for trades. I'm about to graduate myself (EE) and a lot of it has been a huge waste of time, especially since my school drags out my program for 5 years and getting milked by the university.

Vast majority of people I know spend most of their time chilling/partying/gaming, maybe a couple hours a day on average of actual "work." It's fun to be in college but it's not a great financial investment for everyone.

Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RainingBlood putting on a show ITT.
    RIP OP.
    Real Madrid, Miami Heat, New York Jets.

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CBY7 View Post
    Your post to rep ratio is terrible lol. I’ll ruin it further when I get on my real account later.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HomerJThompson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlamedaBoy View Post
    I have a degree in Economics and Spanish(and I speak French). I was told this would be a great degree, languages are so important since my city boasts HQ for many American companies in Europe(Google, ******** etc.) I haven't had any luck at at all. I'm going to have to go and do a Masters. I suppose my undergraduate is the ticket to do that but I was never told this when I was 18/19.
    i am an econ major. You need to have contacts, most important thing, you can find a finance related job that will open doors for you. I started with 32k and now 160k.