Thread: Lunch

Fat1995 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lunch

Starting Keto tomorrow and the plan i to stay on it for 6 months.

i am on a kinda tight budget at the moment and i've only figured out my breakfas, turkey bacon and eggs (Might just do coffee sometimes if im in a hurry).

For lunch i want something very simple, like a keto version of bread with ham/cheese, and not a long list of ingredients and prep time.

For dinner im thinking various kinds of chicken with broccoil and iceberg salad (dressing? tips)

Dinner is the only meal i want to prep in bulk and freeze.

Im 144kg right now and my lean body mass comes to this:

The Boer Formula Result: 90.7 Kgs.
    The James Formula Result: 86.4 Kgs.
    The Hume Formula Result: 82.9 Kgs.

So 1gram per Kg/lbm i think it will be fine to stay around the 90-110grams of protein a day.

Fat, i have no idea yet.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Skip the turkey bacon; not enough fat.

Use a keto calculator and figure out your macros. Don't be eating too much protein as your body will turn some of that into glucose. In keto, you only eat enough protein to preserve lean body mass. Excess protein defeats the purpose of forcing your body to turn to fat as a fuel.

Salad dressing... Oil and vinegar is great; you can even get away with certain Italian dressings (check the labels for carb content). I'd even recommend ditching the Iceberg lettuce and opting for spinach or kale. Iceberg is pretty barren, nutritionally. Broc**** is good - however, keep watch on your carb count (broc**** has about 6g net carbs per serving - which means you'd have to budget your remaining 14 carbs VERY carefully between your other meals, snacks, and hidden carbs in things like cheese or lunchmeat).

I recommend signing up at the ketogenicforums. It's a thousand times more active than here. This is a good start, if you read through the megathread, but it's pretty dead over here otherwise.
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!