Thread: losing streak

carmen00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy losing streak

Hey! My name is Carmen and I'm a student of law degree. I've been working out consistently for about a year (without seeing the results that I expected), going on a Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower routine (4 days a week). The thing is that the last month I have been feeling a huge lack of motivation, linked to an stomach pain that pulls me back from training. In addition, my studies take a lot of my time (because I want good results), and everything it's getting too complicated. I feel kind of guilty about not going to the gym and I don't know what to do know. What do you suggest me? I'll accept all your directions and advices, even your own experiences (if you have them). Thanks beforehand for expend your time on me and I hope someday I could help you too.

giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giallo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd suggest you focus on your degree first and foremost.

Try working out early in the morning so you have time to focus on school and studying throughout the day.

Cut back how often you go to the gym. 3 days a week can be very effective if you're using your time wisely and pushing yourself to progress. It sounds like you're doing upper/lower/upper/lower every week. Try doing upper/lower/upper one week, then lower/upper/lower the next and continuously cycle between those 2 weeks.

Make sure your workout routine is on point and you go to the gym with laser focus. Plan your rest periods. Stick to them (Use a stopwatch or stopwatch app to time them). Don't stop to socialize - in my experience that alone can cut a 60-90 minute gym session down to 30-45 minutes.

Are your workouts challenging you enough physically? If you're not seeing results then you may have to be honest with yourself about how hard you're actually pushing yourself versus how hard you're telling yourself that you've been pushing yourself. That could mean you're resting way too long between sets and exercises. It could mean you're not lifting a challenging weight (When you should be at or near failure you're nowhere close). It could mean that your executing movements with poor form. Or maybe you are challenging yourself enough. But that could mean that you're pushing yourself entirely too hard and never taking a week completely off, or just drastically reducing the intensity and your body doesn't have time to recover. Or your diet isn't conducive to the results that you're after. It could be lots of things.

Remember, progress takes time. As they say, Rome was not built in a day. My advice is to stick with it because you enjoy doing it, not because you want to look a certain way. If you take that approach you'll not only have a past time that you enjoy but also the added bonus of achieving the physique that you ultimately want.