marcus4489074 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus4489074 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus4489074 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exogenous Ketone Diet/Fast for Quick Weight Loss

I've been studying up on exogenous ketones, and I see that they are very effective at throwing people into ketosis and keeping them there for several hours.

So I was thinking, if exogenous ketones keep you in ketosis, can't one just take nothing but exogenous ketones in order to spare muscle and use nothing but body fat? Wouldn't that allow one to lose 0.5 - 0.8lbs of pure body fat per day? Or even continue to workout rigorously, eat nothing but protein, and have lean mass gains at the same time as losing 0.5-1 lb of pure body fat a day?

Then I came across a diet online that claimed just that. The manufactorer of an exogenous ketone supplement made a diet/exercise program that emphasized taking ketones every four hours, eating nothing bit 1-1.5g/lb body weight of lean protein, and filling up on green veggies, like broc****. It emphasized staying below 1,200 Cal/day, and expending 500-1,000Cal/day in the gym.

What do you all think about this?
    "The best way to get something done is to begin." -NA-

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Don't bother with exogenous ketones. They're pointless. The point is for you to burn your own ketones, not exogenous ones. Once you're fully in ketosis after a week or so, you'll be fine. That's just wasted money, really.
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!

Registered User AndrewBrownKeto's Avatar
    AndrewBrownKeto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with decreebass. Plus, if you are mainly eating protein, your body is going to start converting the protein into glucose in a a process called gluconeogenesis. This, of course, will kick you out of ketosis.

Be wary of those products that sound too good to be true... They always are.