WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza

Is it possible that low carb high fat diets clog the hell out of your arteries?

But this hasn't been proven yet because the high fat low carb diets hasn't been around long enough (to see people live to old ages following it)

There's a lot of science/evidence that suggests high cholesterol/bad fats = clogged arteries and heart attack etc. I know it gets used as fuel but even if you take away the amount of fat used for fuel there's still loads more left over than with a healthy moderate balanced diet with carbs as the main fuel source.

Also do they even know how artery walls plaque up? Isnt the process not yet fully understood but there is a known link between high fat and heart attack?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you keep your trans fat intake minimal and saturated fat intake at <10% of your total daily calories you should not need to worry much about fat intake. We have some understanding of the process of atherosclerosis but we are still learning new things potentially relevant to nutrition (ie, TMAO over the last several years).

JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JK29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you really want to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WholemealPizza View Post
    But this hasn't been proven yet because the high fat low carb diets hasn't been around long enough (to see people live to old ages following it)

There's a lot of science/evidence that suggests high cholesterol/bad fats = clogged arteries and heart attack etc. I know it gets used as fuel but even if you take away the amount of fat used for fuel there's still loads more left over than with a healthy moderate balanced diet with carbs as the main fuel source.

Also do they even know how artery walls plaque up? Isnt the process not yet fully understood but there is a known link between high fat and heart attack?
    There is no known link between high fat and heart disease. This is all fictitious based on 1 bad study that was perpetuated by big marketing budgets and clueless government entities. This has since been disproved and cholesterol and fat limites/warnings have been removed from govt. nutrition guidelines. Keto diets have actually shown to improve heart health.
    Healing from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis caused by food allergies and learning to live without gluten and dairy.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LinearChaos View Post
    There is no known link between high fat and heart disease. This is all fictitious based on 1 bad study that was perpetuated by big marketing budgets and clueless government entities. This has since been disproved and cholesterol and fat limites/warnings have been removed from govt. nutrition guidelines. Keto diets have actually shown to improve heart health.
    Well said. In their book Keto, Maria & Craig Emmerich describe it like this: inflamation is the problem and the plaque is the spackle that seals the cracking, breaking, bursting vessels - all damage caused by inflammation. Cholesterol are the firemen putting out the fire, not the fire starters. You wouldn't solve a housefire by getting rid of firemen. It's the traditional American diet that causes the inflammation. And ultimately, the inflamation is what needs to be cured or prevented, rather than villainizing a necessary molecule. I'm paraphrasing, of course, and it's not a perfect metaphor, but it makes sense to me
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JK29 View Post
    I had never heard of this guy, and of course for sample of his experiment N=1, but I found that video pretty interesting. Well spoken, and isn't trying to sell anything (other than tickets to his presentations or whatever probably). That was worth the watch, thanks for posting.

luckyduck89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only thing that will clog your arteries are the bad fats from constantly eating fried carbs and breaded meat that is then fried. Also constantly drinking sugary drinks.

Im assuming you don't drink sugary drinks including that crap BB'ers pound before working out, im also assuming and you don't bread your meat before frying it, and im hoping you don't eat fried carbs.
    Pork, Beef, Lamb, Chicken all fried and not breaded won't cause you any harm. They are good fats, but frying breaded food, and frying carbs will spike your insulin, will start giving you diabetic symptoms.
    Well, I dont drink anymore. I freeze it now, and I eat it like a popsicle.

mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's a lot of evidence now that we NEED cholesterol for not only heart health, but for brain health. It's an important part of our body and we need it. The whole low fat low cholesterol diet was based no evidence and was pushed on us by the sugar industry and Ancil Keys. There's never been a clinical study showing a link between the two. It's all bull**** and we've been lied to for over half a century about that stuff.

Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    There's a lot of evidence now that we NEED cholesterol for not only heart health, but for brain health. It's an important part of our body and we need it. The whole low fat low cholesterol diet was based no evidence and was pushed on us by the sugar industry and Ancil Keys. There's never been a clinical study showing a link between the two. It's all bull**** and we've been lied to for over half a century about that stuff.
    This^^...we need to go back to caveman, hunter, f******g savage meat eating including all the fat that comes with it, eat the liver, heart and kidneys too...they're so good for you. Full of nutrition.

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by luckyduck89 View Post
    The only thing that will clog your arteries are the bad fats from constantly eating fried carbs and breaded meat that is then fried. Also constantly drinking sugary drinks.
    No offense, but this is exactly the type of confusing mixed message that the keto world is trying to stop; bad fats vs good fats, sugar vs fat clogging arteries - which is it? These are many of the common myths about dieting. Thankfully, there are many great resources available, like the book I mentioned above as well as other forums and podcasts.

Also, you're right about carbs spiking insulin, but I wouldn't go so far as to say you'll start developing diabetic symptoms unless you're already there and your metabolism is shot.

Originally Posted by decreebass View Post
    No offense, but this is exactly the type of confusing mixed message that the keto world is trying to stop; bad fats vs good fats, sugar vs fat clogging arteries - which is it? These are many of the common myths about dieting. Thankfully, there are many great resources available, like the book I mentioned above as well as other forums and podcasts.

Also, you're right about carbs spiking insulin, but I wouldn't go so far as to say you'll start developing diabetic symptoms unless you're already there and your metabolism is shot.
    You got me wrong my friend, all I meant was if you're gonna eat carbs, then eat carbs, they're good. I eat carbs too. Its just when you are overdoing it with sugar, or breading your meat, and you make that a life habit, you will fail into trouble. I wasn't saying you'll start developing diabetic symptoms, that will happen when you abuse things that shouldn't be abused.

Balance everything out and you're gonna fine. Its all about balance. Balance is key.

Originally Posted by luckyduck89 View Post
    You got me wrong my friend, all I meant was if you're gonna eat carbs, then eat carbs, they're good. I eat carbs too. Its just when you are overdoing it with sugar, or breading your meat, and you make that a life habit, you will fail into trouble. I wasn't saying you'll start developing diabetic symptoms, that will happen when you abuse things that shouldn't be abused.

Balance everything out and you're gonna fine. Its all about balance. Balance is key.
    The thing is - and I appreciate your clarification - that balance is not what Keto is about. If you're gonna do keto, the traditional American "balanced diet" is inappropriate. That's not to say that if ketosis is not your goal, then a balanced, sensible diet isn't perfectly fine. But for a keto diet, you definitely don't want carbs. FAT FAT FAT